Boomer's zero?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the 0 counts. I have to cop it either way though because Didak didn't play and I only had 1 emergency:eek:

From the SuperCoach website:
"Second, a player may put in a shocker or spend most of the match on the bench meaning they score zero points. Third, the player may have been omitted from their real-life team or was injured and unable to play. In many cases, this player will be replaced by one of your emergencies."

Although it doesn't specifically say a player starting the game and then going off injured, it does mention if they play and score 0 that they would get replaced by an emergency score. (I think this is right, anyone feel free to correct me)

"Second, a player may put in a shocker or spend most of the match on the bench meaning they score zero points. Third, the player may have been omitted from their real-life team or was injured and unable to play. In many cases, this player will be replaced by one of your emergencies."

Although it doesn't specifically say a player starting the game and then going off injured, it does mention if they play and score 0 that they would get replaced by an emergency score. (I think this is right, anyone feel free to correct me)

thats right.

kills me because my opp had g moss (hawks) as emg who scored 120+

Surely his price will still drop.

As far as I am concerned if they start the game and take the field whatever score they get should count and price should reflect same.

When you're choosing a team for the upcoming round, you need to choose a starting 22 from your 30-man squad. You also need to choose three emergencies who will replace any players from your starting 22 who withdraw from their real-life teams at the last moment. You will also be able to select your team captain, who will add double his points towards your team score. Your selected vice captain will take over the captain duties and score double points, if your selected captain is a late withdrawal or doesn't play for any reason.

This also from the Supercoach website suggests that an emergency can only replace a late withdrawal

When you're choosing a team for the upcoming round, you need to choose a starting 22 from your 30-man squad. You also need to choose three emergencies who will replace any players from your starting 22 who withdraw from their real-life teams at the last moment. You will also be able to select your team captain, who will add double his points towards your team score. Your selected vice captain will take over the captain duties and score double points, if your selected captain is a late withdrawal or doesn't play for any reason.

This also from the Supercoach website suggests that an emergency can only replace a late withdrawal

Im up against a guy with boomer and its gonna be closer, so im hoping that it's a 0.

From my recolection, last year there was someone a rookie ithink in my team who got a 0 for the match and was substitued by another rookie.

BUT

this year i think they have fixed the glitch, so as to make it thtat the teams are more realistic.

i.e

Your 22 are like the 22 named on afl.com.au for each team.

your benchies and just there incase there is a late replacement.

Because if you think about it, when hille and harvey got injured they still played with who they had, they didn't say... ok.. lets jsut call in wade thompson to replace... once the player is onfield, they are counting

I have Hille who has gotten 0 and personally i think it is unfair for my opponent if i get points for the Em.If your player gets injured it's just bad luck, he was on the field so he had his chance to score points.But who knows how they work it.

I could be wrong but didn't some players score negative points last year and their points were counted towards your score?

If that is the case then surely a zero must count to your score and not the subs points?

If a player scores 0 it is if he didn't play at all. The subs scores will count and the players value DOESN'T drop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This looks to be the case. Scheonmakers SC data reads:

Rnd 3 NTH $111,800 Score 26
Rnd 2 SYD $99,200 Score 62
Rnd 1 GEE $99,200 Score 0

for an average of 29.33 (which clearly includes the zero)

I think they have fixed last years glitch where a player was deemed to have played if their score for the round was > or < 0. Must have invested heavily in an additional field - 'Played Y or N':D

According to m0nty:

btw clarification has come through on Harvey/Hille: apparently their prices won't change and you do get emergency scores

This includes SC.

According to m0nty:

btw clarification has come through on Harvey/Hille: apparently their prices won't change and you do get emergency scores

This includes SC.

Gee thats crap if thats the case. It hasn't affected me this week but surely if the score counts if the player has a negative score then a 0 has to count as well. You wouldn't be happy to lose a league grand final in that way:thumbsdown:.

I've beaten my league opponent 2067 - 2063. He has Boomer up forward, with Mitch Brown scoring 78 on the bench. His "Potential/Final" score is showing as 2141. If I end up losing this game due to a nonsensical flaw in the rules I won't be too impressed!

I've beaten my league opponent 2067 - 2063. He has Boomer up forward, with Mitch Brown scoring 78 on the bench. His "Potential/Final" score is showing as 2141. If I end up losing this game due to a nonsensical flaw in the rules I won't be too impressed!
I think you're gonna lose mate. It sucks I know.

Yeah I'm about to lose because my opponent had Dangerfield as an emergency.

Harvey's zero gets replaced by Dangerfield's 50, and my 27 point win becomes a 23 point loss.:(

I'm in the same situation (but in my favor, if the emergency score counts I will win). Although it will benefit me it's totally wrong. It's just bad luck that Harvey got injured and I should have to cop the 0. But what can you do?

Is there anyway to get Herald sun to fix up this rubbish? it just makes the whole competition unfair.

Does this happen in dream team?

What if this happened in the final round and cost you 50 grand? I would be suing the s**t out of them!

No complaints here. :D

I get M.Browns 78 for Harveys 0 (not that I needed the 78 points anyways as I still would have won all three league matches)

I just wish Petrenko the spud hadn't of touched the ball in the last few minutes as I would have got Hills 76 and been top scorer in all my leagues. :(

Having said all that I feel for the guys that got scr3wed by the zero rule and would hate to lose like that. I would be quite p1ssed off to lose like that to tell you the truth.

What can you do though? They are the Supercoach rules however unfair people seem to think they are. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back