Borderlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Decided to give this a go on the weekend and ended up putting in more hours than I intended. I am level 34 now I think and would have to be fairly close to the end of the game.

My mate is up to level 47 now in the 2nd playthrough... it is going to be a massive grind if I am to get to 50 as it is taking a while to level up unless I jump online I guess.

Best way to level up is to play online with someone else.

you do level up decently on the second play through.

but get in a game with a soldier using a leadership class mod. those things make leveling up a breeze.

+ 20% team experience - Hellz to the Yeah

When you finish the game, can you still wander around and complete side quests?

I also downloaded Dr Ned DLC last night, not sure whether I will give that a go straight away or wait til I finish the game first.

I'm unsure for this one. I got the DLC at level 25 and beat it before I went back. I would have finished the game first but I read somewhere in this thread that it was too easy if you were already a high level so while I beat it early and found it very fun, I'm currently level 32 and I just finished those Crazy Earl missions and things feel a little bit easy, seeing as I'm doing level 25-30 quests.

Just finished - got up to Level 36 Hunter. Bloodwing attacking 6 enemies was awesome. Kinda got bored with the sniper rifles, didn't find them particularly effective so just ended up using an SMG and Shotgun for most of the game.

The ending was a real shocker. COuld have been close to GOTY if it had a proper story. It was so promising with one of my favourite intros of all time, but just kinda fell away. Still, the gameplay and co-op more than makes up for it and together with resistance it's the best game I've played on split-screen (though MW2 special-ops which I just started on splitscreen is hellafun).

JIt was so promising with one of my favourite intros of all time, but just kinda fell away..

Yeah what was the deal with that? It's like they started off with a bang and then lost interest/ran out of money/were pushed for deadline and just phoned in a story for the remainder of the game.

Some more cut scenes and fleshing out of the characters would have been rad

I also just finished the game then. The last boss was a bit of a bitch but the ending was a bit laughable, I haven't played the DLC yet but might do that in the next day or two.

I also spent a bit of time earlier today googling this game and found a pretty cool easter egg on Treacher's Landing where the Xmas boat is.. that s**t was pretty funny and a little odd.

Oh yes, I forgot, The Zombie Island DLC has a much more sophisticated story than the main game (That's not saying much though). It has a bigger focus on humor too. Even though it's short, it was worth the $12 (If you can ignore the frame-rate issues)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also just finished the game then. The last boss was a bit of a bitch but the ending was a bit laughable, I haven't played the DLC yet but might do that in the next day or two.

I also spent a bit of time earlier today googling this game and found a pretty cool easter egg on Treacher's Landing where the Xmas boat is.. that s**t was pretty funny and a little odd.

I'm on a boat

there are heaps of easter eggs in the game. and hundreds of references that are great fun to try and work out

Started to play a bit of the DLC tonight and it is pretty awesome, loving it so far.

I did notice a few frame rate issues during one section because there were shitloads of zombies on screen but it didn't bother me too much. My shotty soon sorted that problem out.

What's this second playthrough I hear of? I just beat the game and I'm curious, I could have sworn I beat all the quests in Fyrestone to get the trophy but it seems I'm not quite there yet.

I heard everything becomes far more powerful, being the enemies, weapons etc.

YEs you just go through the game again but tougher enemies, better weapons etc.. only way to hit level 50 playing solo as well I guess.

Er, but wait, I'm trying to know how I start the 'second playthrough'. Do I beat all the quests first?

Er, but wait, I'm trying to know how I start the 'second playthrough'. Do I beat all the quests first or what?

Finish the game, then when you start it has a play through option on the menu.

Would be nice if they let you switch to a different character on the second playthrough, wouldn't mind some beserker action.

I finished the DLC today, pretty awesome pack and well worth the purchase.

The "ending" was pretty funny as well... and yes it got me.

I also discovered I only have a few trophies to get, kill 1 enemy with Phasewalk or whatever it is, win an Arena match (online I assume??), play co-op with someone who has the "and they'll tell two friends trophy" and get to level 50 (41 at the mo and will try and get to 50 eventually).

I was thinking about getting Platinum for this game but I don't think I can. Completing 15 missions in Co-Op looks pretty hard considering I've never had a good game, every single one has lag in it.

Gearbox should have at least listed the pings for each game.

I was thinking about getting Platinum for this game but I don't think I can. Completing 15 missions in Co-Op looks pretty hard considering I've never had a good game, every single one has lag in it.

Gearbox should have at least listed the pings for each game.

host the game yourself

host the game yourself

Tried that. For starters, for every yank that joins, they suck and arent very helpful as they'd probably experience lag themselves. Secondly, rarely anyone joins anyway, probably due to MW2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back