Borderlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah without side missions some main missions are really impossible and you'll run out of money and ammo pretty quickly.

just finished the game on the first playthrough and I can say i feel a bit underwhelmed by the ending, after finding a OP shotgun 3/4 into the game which ended up being the only weapon i ever really needed to use i was hoping for some epic loot but got a crappy blue and a green pistol drop.

Werd on da street is that the 2nd playthrough yields some really EPIC loot but negatives such as skagzilla taking 30 minutes to kill as it has a 300000% hp buff with complete immunity does not sound like fun.

just finished the game on the first playthrough and I can say i feel a bit underwhelmed by the ending, after finding a OP shotgun 3/4 into the game which ended up being the only weapon i ever really needed to use i was hoping for some epic loot but got a crappy blue and a green pistol drop.

Werd on da street is that the 2nd playthrough yields some really EPIC loot but negatives such as skagzilla taking 30 minutes to kill as it has a 300000% hp buff with complete immunity does not sound like fun.

i think you underestimate the epicness of the weapons. having said that I was still using a combat rifle I got on the first play through, a glorious havoc (205, 90, 4.5) couldn't find another combat rifle to rival it. it was massive insta pwn for a long while, and even at the end of the second playthrough it was more than competent.

I destroyed scagzilla the second time through. took me all of 5 minutes - remember it's not just your weapons that improve, your class mods, skill points and weapons skill increase as well

I'm up to level 27-8 and i got a shotty at level 16 that did 97 x12 dmg with 50 sumtin accuracy (.8 fire rate) but only 2 shells....
It use to OWN everything but now it takes about 3-4 shots to take down a bruiser

*Edit* Checked the gun and it is terrible matador 97 (x12) 30.7 accuarcy and .7 fire rate

that shotgun will last you a while, best way to kill a bruiser is to go right up to it and unload a whole clip or 2 of smg in its head and he wont be able to get a shot off on you.

I'm up to level 27-8 and i got a shotty at level 16 that did 97 x12 dmg with 50 sumtin accuracy (.8 fire rate) but only 2 shells....
It use to OWN everything but now it takes about 3-4 shots to take down a bruiser

*Edit* Checked the gun and it is terrible matador 97 (x12) 30.7 accuarcy and .7 fire rate

who are you using. find a class mod that increases your magazine size, and if any of your skills increase magazine size invest in them as well.

it will give you a huge improvement to your DPS

Very noob question here, especially considering I'm on my second playthrough, but when a weapon has a damage of say 53 then flashes x4, what exactaly does that mean? Does the damage equate to 212 or what?

Also finding it interesting how a lot of you only really use 1 weapon, I always carry 1 of each weapon all the time and use each of them a fair bit, I got the '12 Days at Pandora' trophy very quickly without knowing what it even was.

Very noob question here, especially considering I'm on my second playthrough, but when a weapon has a damage of say 53 then flashes x4, what exactaly does that mean? Does the damage equate to 212 or what?

Also finding it interesting how a lot of you only really use 1 weapon, I always carry 1 of each weapon all the time and use each of them a fair bit, I got the '12 Days at Pandora' trophy very quickly without knowing what it even was.

I use a stack of weapons. I have several revolvers - but caustic revolvers and mashers are by far the best
I have 2 combat rifles
2 smg's
3 shotguns
3 sniper rifles (but i don't really use them any more)

I sold off most of my weapons as I was sick of my backpack being full of crap I wasn't using but I mainly use two weapons. A combat rifle and an awesome shotty, I have an ok sniper but also don't use it too much these days.

I was doing that for a while, but once I got a few good elementals I didn't want to get rid of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very noob question here, especially considering I'm on my second playthrough, but when a weapon has a damage of say 53 then flashes x4, what exactaly does that mean? Does the damage equate to 212 or what

I think it means it fires 4 bullets at a time. So if all of them hit, yes, you will have 212 damage (if its a scattergun shottie, may not happen)

And yeah, i carry the best i have of each weapon type, purely so i have maximum ammo at my disposal

I think it means it fires 4 bullets at a time. So if all of them hit, yes, you will have 212 damage (if its a scattergun shottie, may not happen)

And yeah, i carry the best i have of each weapon type, purely so i have maximum ammo at my disposal

for shotguns and revolvers it means it will fire 4 pellets in one shot with each pellet doing however much amount of damage

for pistols and smgs with a 2x or 4x, it shoots 2 or 4 bullets instead of one. make sure you have a good sdu upgrade when using these

Wow, normally I find Shotguns with x9s, I suppose that means 9 extra shots. I also sometimes see a description for a Shutgun saying '+2 extra shots fired' or something.

Wow, normally I find Shotguns with x9s, I suppose that means 9 extra shots. I also sometimes see a description for a Shutgun saying '+2 extra shots fired' or something.
well it means each shot has 9 pellets and each pellet causes the damage

the descriptions explain the difference of that model to the standard design of that model

a stock terrible shotgun might have the stats - 50x9, 50%, 0.5 with a magazine of 6

anything in the description indicates an increase or decrease to those statistics for the model you picked up

+ 50% fire power = it does 50% more damage than a normal terrible shotgun
- 3% accuracy = it's 3% less accurate

and so on

+ 2 extra shots fired will mean that it has 2 extra pellets per shot than a standard design of that shotgun

well it means each shot has 9 pellets and each pellet causes the damage

the descriptions explain the difference of that model to the standard design of that model

a stock terrible shotgun might have the stats - 50x9, 50%, 0.5 with a magazine of 6

anything in the description indicates an increase or decrease to those statistics for the model you picked up

+ 50% fire power = it does 50% more damage than a normal terrible shotgun
- 3% accuracy = it's 3% less accurate

and so on

+ 2 extra shots fired will mean that it has 2 extra pellets per shot than a standard design of that shotgun

Wow, I thought of it in a completely different way, good thing I've learnt now though as I'm going to build up my Brick, Lilith and Mordecai before the DLC is released.

Also, what's with the shotguns that meet the description "Holy Crap! It fires rockets!". They have huge damage but they're stupidly inaccurate.

from the borderlands forums

Twas the night before Borderlands, when all through the shack
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Rakk.
The SDUs were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Marcus would soon be there.

The Vault Hunters were nestled all snug in their beds,
While 87 bazillion guns danced in their heads.
And Tannis in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had turned off our ECHOs for a long evening nap.

When out in the junk there arose such a clatter,
I grabbed my shotgun to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a skag
Grabbing only some ammo from out of my bag.

The moon on the breast of the now-settled dust,
Gave me little light to see what I knew that I must.
There! I could see it, though not believing my eyes,
A tough little bus pulled by tiny rakk hives!

With a jolly fat driver, so lively in the dark,
I knew in a moment, it must be St Marc!
More rapid than bandits, his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called out their names.

"Now Atlas! now, Jakobs! now Dahl and Hyperion!
On Tediore! On Torgue! on, on Anshin and Maliwan!
To the top of New Haven, get me that red crate!
Now buy some guns! Buy some guns! My profits are great!"

And so like the creatures they harbor inside,
They gracelessly gallop, then begin to fly.
So up to my shack-top the rakk hives they flew,
With the bus full of guns, and St Marcus, too.

Before I knew, in naught but a heartbeat,
Came the stamping and stomping of little hive feet.
As I sighted my weapon, that gun full of shot,
Down my chimney came Marcus, I kid you not.

I could hear his voice sounded like Roman Bellic,
But in his face he looked a lot like Tom Selleck.
And a crate full of guns he had flung on his back,
He looked such like a loot goon, standing there in my shack!

He was chubby and plump, like an Earth Christmas elf,
I lowered my gun, put it back on the shelf.
I knew from the start he'd bring me no pain,
Except to my wallet, but look what I'd gain!

He spoke not a word, but handed me guns,
On the bandits tomorrow, I knew I'd have fun.
As he took my money, all my hard-earned dollars,
He hoisted himself up the chimney by Atlas' collar.

I gave a small sigh as I watched him leave
I hadn't had this much fun since I'd met Bandit Steve.
But I heard him exclaim, as though in a fuss,
"No need for goodbyes, just get off of my bus!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back