Borderlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Borderlands DLC to introduce new level cap up to 61, as well as new enemies, vehicles, class mods and weapons.

The DLC is arriving this week.

Source: http://au.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/107/1071075p1.html
- Almost twice the size of The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
- A brand new class of ultra-rare/kick-ass weapons
- New vehicles including one that allows for four players to drive and inflict damage and deal out death
- An exciting story line that picks-up where the original game left off
- Almost 30 new villain types
- A level cap increase to 61
- More difficult villains and smarter AI

The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
[youtube]vFWMnKeoDdg[/youtube]

Nice, Island of Dr Ned was good but the only drawback was the fact I was a level 50 and it was too easy. Didn't bother with the other DLC didn't appeal.

That looks good. I got the Underdome Riot thing, alright to kill time but not that interesting. Not sure if I'll drag myself away from Bioshock 2, additional story sounds good.

That looks good. I got the Underdome Riot thing, alright to kill time but not that interesting. Not sure if I'll drag myself away from Bioshock 2, additional story sounds good.

Yeah have Bioshock 2 still in its wrapper been playing nothing but Mass Effect 2. Might get the new DLC sometime down the track, will hit you up for game of it when I do. :)

Yeah have Bioshock 2 still in its wrapper been playing nothing but Mass Effect 2. Might get the new DLC sometime down the track, will hit you up for game of it when I do. :)

:thumbsu:

Shame you can't play these games cross console.

Was talking to a mate about this yesterday. Seems stupid that you can't, I'm sure the data being pushed to and from the servers is nigh on identical.

Only just started playing this, not that impressed so i dont think ill go back to it, i found it a bit of a chore, i think it would be a lot better as co-op but other games have taken over from it as im a bit late on the scene.

Secret Army of General Knoxx is pretty bad ass. new enemies that will literally kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

also, you must have a level 50 character to play this update

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only just started playing this, not that impressed so i dont think ill go back to it, i found it a bit of a chore, i think it would be a lot better as co-op but other games have taken over from it as im a bit late on the scene.
It's definitely a chore for the first bunch of levels. Get up to about 10-15 and the game opens up a lot more, you get better weapons, harder enemies, better missions, etc.

Definitely want to look into playing it in co-op as that is a lot more fun. But it's still good enough on your own if you love getting the loot and have got past the real grind part of the first bunch of levels.
Mad Moxxi DLC stole my money. That was an absolute lump of s**t and I don't trust them anymore. Totally off Borderlands because of it.
The new DLC is a fair bit different to Mad Moxxi's. Mad Moxxi's was a piece of DLC that was really poorly done and was basically a poor version of Horde mode. This one however introduces a ton of stuff, the level cap going up by 11 is one. As well as new enemies, vehicles, weapons and missions. And as I quoted in my earlier post is said to be twice the size of the Dr.Ned DLC.

Mad Moxxi DLC stole my money. That was an absolute lump of s**t and I don't trust them anymore. Totally off Borderlands because of it.

Why I never got it, will get this one Dr Ned was fun.

The new DLC is a fair bit different to Mad Moxxi's. Mad Moxxi's was a piece of DLC that was really poorly done and was basically a poor version of Horde mode. This one however introduces a ton of stuff, the level cap going up by 11 is one. As well as new enemies, vehicles, weapons and missions. And as I quoted in my earlier post is said to be twice the size of the Dr.Ned DLC.

The thing is though, I actually liked the concept. I enjoyed Uncharted 2's survival mode and Nazi Zombies (Even though I havent played it much) and when I heard Borderlands was getting some survival DLC, it appealed to me. When I bought it, oh my, biggest waste of money ever. They couldn't have done a poorer job. The first levels take way too long (later ones take even longer) and it's pretty much impossible to actually do, considering you're encouraged to camp/take cover, which is absolutely not suited for Borderlands.

The new DLC is probably better as I did enjoy Zombie Island... But as I've already said, I'm 'off' Borderlands because I feel like they tricked me into wasting my precious $11.

I was also pretty pissed with that last lot of DLC, veyr very disappointing effort. I haven't played Borderlands for ages but I have a couple of games on the ago at the moment.

May end up getting it as I just need to get to Level 50 to get Plat.

Still haven't finished this game, just found it to be ultra repetitive and yeah got sick of it.... Might finish it over the summer though if I can be bothered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back