Breakout / dropoff players 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

The worrying thing is he hasn't improved at all as a footballer since season 1 ( maybe his tackling ) basically id take trengove circa 10-11 over 12-13

Well, he improved a fair bit from his first to second season - then stagnated over the last two years/

Let's change this to the tip the breakout players of 2015 and the ones who will make it

In the OP I tipped Nev Jetta to breakout but then also tipped tapscott so not too bad

For 2015 who will break out and who will fade

Dean Kent will become a star , huge wraps for this kid, just so direct with his play and ultra confident

Colin Garland is a potential delistee for mine, not big enough to take the talls and doesn't offer enough going forward for mine, think his place will come under pressure if a brayshaw or newton or lumumba plays well off half back

Id prefer grimes over garland at this stage

Let's change this to the tip the breakout players of 2015 and the ones who will make it

In the OP I tipped Nev Jetta to breakout but then also tipped tapscott so not too bad

For 2015 who will break out and who will fade

Dean Kent will become a star , huge wraps for this kid, just so direct with his play and ultra confident

Colin Garland is a potential delistee for mine, not big enough to take the talls and doesn't offer enough going forward for mine, think his place will come under pressure if a brayshaw or newton or lumumba plays well off half back

Id prefer grimes over garland at this stage
I reckon if either or both of Garland/Grimes found themselves replaced in the team they'd get another starting gig elsewhere. They'd be traded is what I'm getting at whereas Jones/Bail/Jordie/Terlich would be looking at job ads. On Topic I'm thinking Salem and Viney given Hogan might be on the edge of the scope of the topic having not played AFL.

I'm tipping Gawn to have a breakout year, and although new to the club, I reckon Ben Newton can really cement a spot in this side and play plenty of games. Whether he can have a Tyson-like impact remains to be seen. Salem is another contender.

The draftees can wait another year. Brayshaw probably gets first dibs at a spot in the 22, followed by Petracca and then Neal-Bullen if fit. Stretch might see action.

As for dropoffs Matt Jones may well drop off the face of the planet with all these new blokes coming in, finding it hard to get a spot for him.

I reckon if either or both of Garland/Grimes found themselves replaced in the team they'd get another starting gig elsewhere. They'd be traded is what I'm getting at whereas Jones/Bail/Jordie/Terlich would be looking at job ads. On Topic I'm thinking Salem and Viney given Hogan might be on the edge of the scope of the topic having not played AFL.

Yeah I was just struggling to see what value Garland would get at this stage, maybe someone who needs a 3rd tall in defense could throw a pick in the 40's at us

To be clear im not saying I would or wouldnt accept that I just dont think he has value at this stage

Yeah I was just struggling to see what value Garland would get at this stage, maybe someone who needs a 3rd tall in defense could throw a pick in the 40's at us

To be clear im not saying I would or wouldnt accept that I just dont think he has value at this stage
I don't know if we'll get value but I think he'd still add value to another side. There are a heap of s**t defenders getting games out there. Not every team is lucky enough to have the kind of on the job training our defenders have got over the last decade. :$

If I was a premiership contender I'd love to have Garland, whether as a first 22 player or for depth. If he stays fit he is a gun.

Good Call, Maximus Call

I remember making the call in a number of threads actually.

I thought I had it totally wrong until he started his recent run of 5 or 6 massive games.

Couldn't have hoped from anything more from Maximus - he is the best ruck in the comp outside of Goldstein, in my opinion - and I think I'm pretty good at not being too biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kent's hardly having a good season though, is he mate? ;)

I was actually just thinking of how pleasing it is to see Viney's career progressing so well. He has been awesome this year. I feel like he has been developed properly and is still years away from his prime. I really love what he brings to this side. Now, around about this time (February 2015) I seem to recall a "Jack Viney: Spud of a Gun" thread being made. Time to re-open it.

I was actually just thinking of how pleasing it is to see Viney's career progressing so well. He has been awesome this year. I feel like he has been developed properly and is still years away from his prime. I really love what he brings to this side. Now, around about this time (February 2015) I seem to recall a "Jack Viney: Spud of a Gun" thread being made. Time to re-open it.

Yeh last year I started thinking Viney might be the type to start strongly but not necessarily improve a huge amount.

I'm very happy with what he's showed this year though - has definitely improved a lot and I can see it continuing.

I remember making the call in a number of threads actually.

I thought I had it totally wrong until he started his recent run of 5 or 6 massive games.

Couldn't have hoped from anything more from Maximus - he is the best ruck in the comp outside of Goldstein, in my opinion - and I think I'm pretty good at not being too biased.
Gawn 2nd in the league for contested marks per game and 4th for hitouts per game...

His form is outstanding.

Col Garland delisted? Sorry but you're mad nickgrant69 . He plays his role every week - his disposal can be iffy at times but generally he uses it well. He doesn't generally take talls - does better on smaller players. With Dunn and McDonald he doesn't usually need to, unless we come up against an unusually tall forward line (North? WC?)

Col Garland delisted? Sorry but you're mad nickgrant69 . He plays his role every week - his disposal can be iffy at times but generally he uses it well. He doesn't generally take talls - does better on smaller players. With Dunn and McDonald he doesn't usually need to, unless we come up against an unusually tall forward line (North? WC?)

lol s**t sorry nickgrant69 just saw your post was from February...carry on :oops: (unless you still want to delist Garland, in which case I'll see you at Light Tower 5 next week)

Gawn to be our major break out player in 2015. Kent to have a good season as well.

Vandenburg to earn a place on the main list.

Brayshaw to have the best season of the draftees.

Jordie McKenzie and Viv Michie to be delisted at years end.
Looking fairly on the monies Demon 16

Edit: oh I'm a bit late...

Yeah spot on. Was a little worried he'd stalled or plateaued or even reached an unexpectedly low ceiling last year. He's really picked up this year though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back