Bumped Brenden Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

It started while I sat at my computer working, with the draft tracker open in one Chrome window and BigFooty in the other. I had noticed that Dave had new threads already in Edit phase, "more info to come" already typed and just a name to insert. This was all designed so he could be first. It intrigued me.

Then I thought, my name isn't Dave, but I can start a welcome thread too. It's possible. Why should I let the shackles of society block my path and hinder my way? So I took a stand for my freedom, for my independence, for my country (ok well maybe just for my suburb, or the room I was in), and I prevailed. I prevailed by barely a hundredth of a second, but victory was mine.

I then started wondering about the kid whose career would be so intertwined with my hopes and dreams for at least 2 years. I didn't even know who he was and I thought the AFL Draft Tracker guys didn't either, because they had misspelled his name!

He was our last selected rookie, so probably useless, but he had to succeed so that each time he did something people would come to this thread and be reminded that it is possible. That they too could participate in the big bad world and make a difference

Then I saw him. And he was beautiful (well just big and fat and angry looking) and I knew all would be well.

BigShow doesn't quite sit well with me but even I've been wrapped up in it. It's proof of the storm that's coming. The constant reminder to Dave that someone got in first and also a reminder to children everywhere (or just me because it makes me giggle fiendishly) that their dreams can come true, all of them, if they just do what's right and ruin somebody else's.

So let's say it comrades, say it with gusto. BigShow! Let us never forget.
That is such a beautiful story. Im going to pray to my Peter Daicos statue every night that the BigShow makes it....and dominates the AFL.....so much so that Dave starts to resent his dominace because you got in first on the welcome thread!!!

Sorry popin. Needed to make a few adjustments. BigShow all one word.:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BigShow
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

hhaha

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

hhaha

Yeah it's not something I've done before so wasn't sure how long it would stay up. It was worth a try.

Maybe some careful thought and planning needs to go into the next attempt. Any suggestions would be good.

TBS has really captured our imagination, apart from 2/3 pages about some Richmond goose, the other 20 odd pages are about TBS who is a rookie. I am on the train, what I have seen in the VFL replays gets me excited. Can't wait for TBS to perform on the big stage, could be this year too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBS has really captured our imagination, apart from 2/3 pages about some Richmond goose, the other 20 odd pages are about TBS who is a rookie. I am on the train, what I have seen in the VFL replays gets me excited. Can't wait for TBS to perform on the big stage, could be this year too.
We will talk about global sporting history in terms of two epochs: BTBS and ATBS.

Obviously just 2. Silly question
Actually it took one shot. They used sneaky editing techniques to make it look like he had to kick the ball twice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back