Player Watch #3: Brett Deledio is an obscenely good footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

I liken him to Goddard, beautiful kick, strong overhead, quick (quicker) and look forward to similar heroics on that last day in September. He's the man.

he's better than goddard imo. goddard doesnt like it hard in and under. while lids is not selwood he he can get his own ball.

Leadership has improved since signing the new contract.
Still gets tagged out of games abit too often, when he works out how to shake that tag or go inside to keep racking the possies will be a top 10 mid in the league.

7th in the league for disposals - 504 - averaging 28 disposals a game
Career best form, really upped his game in terms of defense averaging 5 tackles (rounded) a game from his average of 3 tackles a game last year
Contested possessions, averaging 10 a game the best of his career. He was averaging 9 contested possessions in 2009.
Disposal efficiency is lowest of his career but i think this is due to him being in the midfield and just bombing it in, the 2 seasons where he's been at half back he had a disposal efficiency of 77 and 80.

Had 7 tackles at half time. Not sure why he stopped, but a good count none the less.

On the far wing with Wallis on his tail and during a 100m running effort he hit JR with one of those trademark lace out passes. Soooo silky.

Lids is into the top 10 of the coaches votes.

Round 20 Leaderboard
93 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
88 Jobe Watson (Ess)
83 Dayne Beams (Coll)
78 Gary Ablett (GC)
74 Matthew Boyd (WB)
74 Patrick Dangerfield (Adel)
74 Scott Thompson (Adel)
73 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
63 Brett Deledio (Rich)
63 Josh Kennedy (Syd)

When you look at some of the names around him it's unquestionable that he has an elite year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long overdue thread. If the great Cotch gets one then it's only fitting that his bedroom poster idol and vice-captain gets one too. Looking at his form so far I expect this page to get a fair work out this year. Bump to show some love for Lids!

785980-brett-deledio.jpg

more time in forward line needed, he's dangerous up front

5 goals vs collingwood in '07
4 goals vs melbourne in '08 (had short spells in forward line)

his contested mark yesterday early in the first quarter was awesome, fended off defender and still held the footy despite having the 2nd defender crash into him and bowl him over like a skittle. great stuff!

edit: here's the mark for those that missed it, first clip

Totally agree. I had $100 on cotch at $51 this time last year. Deledio is my ride this year yeow

Ditto but only out laid $50. So close! Got a bit of it back by having a few bucks on both him and Mitchell for a place but not the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back