Bucks re-injured

Remove this Banner Ad

No!!!! Shattering Blow, i just had a dream the other day, he would be in this week.

Bucks if your reading this, you can have my hamstrings!!

Blues fan here in Peace... This time :D

I can understand how some of you supporters must be feeling about Bucks right now. And as much as I hate Collingwood, I have enjoyed watching Bucks play great football (just not when he is carving us up) and I would love to see him play out the season.

I dont like seeing players having to retire because of injuries... It would be awesome if he could join the 300 club but he has to be realistic about his future and if his injuries are holding a younger player down, then he should retire.

The blues are currently facing a similar problem with Lance... his knees are shot and I think that he is re-assessing his position with the club. If both of these players can see out the season and contribute to the club and retire at the end of the season with pride, then it is all good...

However if the doctors say that they cant play anymore without suffering long term affects from their present problems then it is a shame.

Good luck to him and I hope that he recovers fine...

Hey if players like HARVEY who is older than Bucks,can come back after leg and hamstring injuries and to a lesser degree HIRD why does Bucks have to hang up the boots.He can give it another shot.
Don't forget harvey and hird were out for ages,then came back,they didn't want to retire as soon as everybody wrote them off.
Keep going bucks,you'll be right.
A thread on another site suggested that bucks tore this new hamstring about 3 weeks ago but we have kept it quite,so what malthouse said on monday night, about bucks coming back 2 weeks before season's end could make sense.
I wouldn't write buck's off just yet.He deserves to be part of a premiership side.

Exactly - he's not finished by any means.
I hope he plays (at least) one more game to prove many of you wrong.

Playing "1 more game" won't prove anyone wrong. Do you really think someone as proud as FIG would accept playing 1 more game propped up against the forward pocket behind post as a comeback. A comeback is a sustainable contribution to the cause, unfortunately, his contribution will be from the coaches box. I really hope I'm wrong.

Reality bites. The beginning of the end was rd.1 2006 agianst Footscray when he did the hammy in an innocuos bit of play, the hierarchy will never admit it but they knew the end was early 07 when it kept recurring each time he tried to do anything remotely resembling match simulation.

If we make top 4 maybe he can play off in the finals and have a big send off........HOLDING THE 2007 PREMIERSHIP CUP...........buck's you can retire on a high now.

The thing that Buckley wants most is to win a premiership, just like any other player in the AFL. But if Collingwood makes the Grand Final and he is nowhere near full fitness, I doubt that he would want to play if he is going to weigh down the side. He is just too much of a leader and professional to hold the team back for his own glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back