Buddy Franklin Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a bit odd how people are only appreciating him now, tbh.
Has been a champion since 2008, and regularly won games off his own boot, yet I'd read bigfooty weekly and there'd always be some dimwit calling him 'duddy', saying he was inconsistent, didn't work hard enough and wasn't a great forward because he didn't take contested marks.

The strangest part about this year though is that he's hit a good patch of form, and the media are jumping up and down like he's doing something new.

That's people and the media for you. It's new. He's at another club and as he's such a star on a fairly well documented large contract, he was always going to draw more attention than ever before.

He copped more criticism than ever after a few quiet games and now he's getting more accolades than ever, despite delivering roughly the same output as the last 5 years.

He allegedly rooted 100 birds that season as well, and I believe he hit that tally well before the end of the season.

the challenge set by some of his hawk teammates was to root 100 different chicks in 100 days. if my information is correct, he completed the task on the 93rd day

surely surpasses anything he has produced on field!!

Is the most dangerous AFL player going around and has been for most of his career since 2008.

Sydney wonder why Hawthorn supporters are bitter about losing him for nothing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy Franklin has now kicked 50 goals for the eighth consecutive season. The only other players to ever do that in VFL/AFL history are Gordon Coventry (13, 1925-1937), Jason Dunstall (11, 1986-1996), Doug Wade (9, 1966-1974), Tony Lockett (8, 1989-1996) and Bill Mohr (8, 1931-1937), all members of the Australian Football Hall of Fame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back