Toast Call Centre Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

For some reason that I don't quite understand, I didn't buy the raffle tickets last year or this year. I won't buy them next year. I know already that when the nice lady rings me (she always sounds lovely), the words "sorry, no, go Tigers" will come out before I even think.

I've always wondered what revenue stream is the best one for the club?

Personally, I'll be a member every year. I'm more likely to give something to the FTF when we aren't going well (most years), but that depends on whether I have the cash or not. I also know I won't buy a jumper, pillow case or beer mug with a Tiger on it.

On the other hand, I know supporters who don't buy memberships unless the team is travelling really well, but they do buy at least 200 bucks worth of merch every season.

Am I kidding myself that memberships are the best way I can financially support the club? Should I buy raffle tickets or Yellow and Black shower curtains instead?

For some reason that I don't quite understand, I didn't buy the raffle tickets last year or this year. I won't buy them next year. I know already that when the nice lady rings me (she always sounds lovely), the words "sorry, no, go Tigers" will come out before I even think.

I've always wondered what revenue stream is the best one for the club?

Personally, I'll be a member every year. I'm more likely to give something to the FTF when we aren't going well (most years), but that depends on whether I have the cash or not. I also know I won't buy a jumper, pillow case or beer mug with a Tiger on it.

On the other hand, I know supporters who don't buy memberships unless the team is travelling really well, but they do buy at least 200 bucks worth of merch every season.

Am I kidding myself that memberships are the best way I can financially support the club? Should I buy raffle tickets or Yellow and Black shower curtains instead?

Gale actually covered this a while ago, and the main thing they want is you to make the contribution that works best for you.

For the club, they prefer memberships simply because they are more likely to be an ongoing commitment.

Using my case as an example, I've stopped buying raffle tickets, and didnt contribute to the FTF, because I made the call to upgrade to 3121. Sure, they would love the raffle and ftf money, but know im unlikely to downgrade my membership now ive upgraded it.

It comes down to what works for you - your personal finances, your attendance intent, and what you are looking for from the club

I got the call yesterday. Just said that I had contributed to the FTF and upgraded my membership this year and also put in the extra 10% on top of that I felt that I had done enough for this year. She thanked me for my contribution and we wished each other a great afternoon. No problems.

Except it was probably outsourced, with no guarantee who they supported.

I remember getting one of these calls a few years ago from a telemarketing company on behalf of Richmond, the lady was nice but it was very fake when she was asking me "are we going to win this week". It made me cringe a bit.

But I think they may have stopped the outsourcing of this the past 2 years.

I think the past 2 years the people who have rang were actually from the club, I bought one last year and again about 6 weeks ago when we were going real bad.
The young bloke was nice and he let me pay the $200 off in 4 x $50 installments.

I feel for the poor buggers.
Imagine calling Richmond fans after the season we've had.

I got a call a few weeks back when we were 5 losses on the trot. I asked if they had many members calling them to vent their feelings when the team weren't doing well....and yes she replied and nervously laughed...they really copped it.

Bit harsh if you ask me. They're just doing their job and not responsible for on-field performances....

Got the call this afternoon , the lady was very pleasant. I asked about the cut off date & asked her to call me back closer to that time while I think about it....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back