Universal Love Can anyone help out my Collingwood supporting foster daughter? $455 RAISED

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what started out as a simple request for some Magpie gear has snowballed into $$, game tickets a truckload of memorabilia and a realisation from a non Pie supporter that we're not as bad as we are made out to be.
More importantly, we've hopefully made a young girl and her family very happy.
I'd say it's a win all round - well done everybody.
Personally I'd like to thank popin for rallying the troops and getting us involved.:thumbsu:

I dont know what to say, Shes getting a brand new jumper, scarves, hats, badges, and now tickets for the two of us to go to all the games. You do know what this means dont you? Im going to have to go to more pies games than crows games this year!

As I said earlier, just come to the dark side. It really is the best place to be.

I hope there was a stipulation that you must also wear black and white when at games. Just slip it on it feels real nice. You will be converted in no time.

Last edited:
bCykREA.jpg

0TiAXBZ.jpg

1YfGXRz.jpg

Well what started out as a simple request for some Magpie gear has snowballed into $$, game tickets a truckload of memorabilia and a realisation from a non Pie supporter that we're not as bad as we are made out to be.agpie
More importantly, we've hopefully made a young girl and her family very happy.
I'd say it's a win all round - well done everybody.
Personally I'd like to thank popin for rallying the troops and getting us involved.:thumbsu:
I think Magpie Girl deserves a big thank you as well for setting it all up, Plus all the kind people who donated.
More impotently to SpeciousArgument thank you for having a caring set to come on here to ask for some help and in return i hope the caring donations from some special people makes your family very happy with many great memories to share together with care watching footy :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting that this morning on SEN they had Josh Jenkins speaking about how he, his brother and sister were raised by foster parents from a very young age. Their foster father died when Josh was 7 and his wife continued to raise tham at 60 years of age even though she had already raised 6 of her own children. Really a great story and just typifies the efforts of these heroes such as Specious, our new 'Pies supporter. See link for some more about this story:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/josh-jenkins-heartwarming-mothers-day-tale-20140510-zr8s0.html

Very interesting that this morning on SEN they had Josh Jenkins speaking about how he, his brother and sister were raised by foster parents from a very young age. Their foster father died when Josh was 7 and his wife continued to raise tham at 60 years of age even though she had already raised 6 of her own children. Really a great story and just typifies the efforts of these heroes such as Specious, our new 'Pies supporter. See link for some more about this story:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/josh-jenkins-heartwarming-mothers-day-tale-20140510-zr8s0.html
Beautiful story, and a reminder of the difficulties that can face these kids by being labelled 'different'

The package has arrived SeciousArgument and is at the Epping PO for you to pick up as there was no-one home today, I assume.
Big thankyou to neilk for the package that arrived today, as you can see from the pictures Hayley was very pleased, and wants to take the cards and medallions to school for show and tell tomorrow :)

Great thread.
Awesome work SpeciousArgument hats off to you.

Will definitely donate to this, thanks Magpie Girl for providing account details.

I also have a couple of spare scarves (well about 5... Bought a new one at each 2010 x2 and 2011 GF plus another 2 I already had)
Couple of hats as well.

More than happy to send them through

There seem to be a lot of scarves and hats available.
I'm wondering if we can start some sort of donation centre, or jumper swap or something.
How about if SpeciousArgument asks the foster care people if they know of other needy pies supporters?

Many people must have jumpers that no longer fit them, or especially their kids, so perhaps they can be traded amongst us

There seem to be a lot of scarves and hats available.
I'm wondering if we can start some sort of donation centre, or jumper swap or something.
How about if SpeciousArgument asks the foster care people if they know of other needy pies supporters?

Many people must have jumpers that no longer fit them, or especially their kids, so perhaps they can be traded amongst us
The case workers team leader is a mad pies fan, ill get him on board no worries at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back