Can Hawthorn succeed while ignoring the elite end of the draft? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Hawthorn were to go through another rebuild either next year or the year after, I can guarantee you they will win another Premiership before Essendon, Carlton Melbourne and St Kilda. :$
Demon's won a flag in 2021.....

Another delusional drunken hawks fan lol

I think we are on track for more of what we do best.

Looks like Fremantle are on track for what you do best too.

Everyones a winner.
Hawks fans love to bring up everything since 1961.

Why won't the hawks talk about their finals success from 1925-56? LoL

Which is a massive stretch to say we kick straight we win, hence the comment.

Always at arms length and never seriously threatened. Even when you challenged briefly and got close it always felt like we were just doing enough, then the Hawks went bang and game over. Few goals late made is appear closer than it was.
Going by your view.... Your team was close to winning the 2020 and 2021 and 2022 flags going by your opinions lol

Hawks seemed to have things in control. The Freo support was impressive on the day let me say. Sure there were one or two shots by Freo where I thought they may get back into it but hey if Freo kicked straight and hit the front it could have also sparked the Hawks to respond more strongly than it did for the remaining part of the game.

If’s mean absolutely nothing in sport!!!!!!
Hawks seemed to have everything in control in the 2022 season....

If you kicked straighter, 4 of those Out On The Fulls would have been Behinds and we still win.

If we kicked straighter, 4 of those Behinds would have been Goals and we still win.
Crows lost 3 or 4 games in the 1st 10 games in the 2020 season. They went. 0-13.

They ended up with 3 wins and 14 losses and got the Wooden spoon with 18th spot.

Had crows kicked straighter in 3 of those close games they lost by under a goal, they would of posted a 6 win and 11 loss record and finish 14th

So Wingard has kicked a total of 0 goals and had a combined 39 touches in the Hawk’s 3 losses this year.

What’s the business case for him not being a giant down hill skier? Seems to only turn up to play when the team is going well.

He was comically bad last night, and his crewcut isn’t fooling anyone - he’s still very soft.
Since Joining the hawks, Chaddy Wingard has kicked 59 goals from 60 games .

How many games and goals he kicked at port?

He played as a full time small forward last night and mostly the same the week before, in a forward line that has no quick ball movement and any time he actually gets an opportunity it is in a massively co test forward 50.

Would probably be leading our B&F right now, the obsession some have with shitting on Wingard is really weird.

If anything the blame for his lack of influence last night should be on the coaches. Move him on ball and get him involved.
So.... Chad Wingard goes and becomes a forward that kicks 1 Goal a game and won the hawks 2020 best and fairest?

Wingard is not an inside midfielder.

Not getting Mitchell omeara wingard when our midfield pretty much retired all at once would have been a huge sell out of fans, and dereliction of duty.
We have developed some youngsters in that time too.

you can argue all the other stuff if you like.

I said before I can show in statistics that if a club rebuilds and has successive (two or more)seasons with a sub 80% percentage, even if they win a flag after that, it won’t come within seven seasons. So it’s a ten year thing if it’s successful at all. Hawks have peaked every seven years: PF in 2001; flag in 2008; three peat in 2015; ?? In 2022.
I’m going with what the hawks do.
How did the hawks go In 2022?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2004 we had picks 2, 5 and 7 in a strong draft, I doubt Clarko's current philosophy would be handing all of those over.
Correct me I'm wrong but the highest we've recently given up is 2017 first round which turned out to be pick 7, for JOM.
We got lucky in 2004, imagine if we took Tambling, Williams and Meesen, would you be saying the same thing?
For several years after 2004 we got duds in the draft, Dowler, Thorp, Ellis all top 10 picks.
So many Harry Hindsights in here.
Ah this old chest nut.....

And the hawks were underdogs in the lead up to the 1988 or 1989 VFL grand final Because you only had one game at the MCG all season in the lead up to one of those grand finals?

But yeah.... Unlikely hawks will get picks 2, 5 and 7 in this year's draft

That’s been said about Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda and Melbourne for about the last two decades and they have all won nothing. Having more upside and youth doesn’t amount to anything if you don’t win a Premiership!
Again..... Melbourne won a flag In 2021

A lot of the reality Hawks fans are now saying is exactly what opposition fans have been saying all off season...

Embrace the rebuild you have had a fantastic run to this point but your list is 2nd worse in the comp young talent wise
Strapping Young Lad this the price you pay for crazy Clarko trying to unspud Tyrone Vickery lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back