Universal Love Captain Jacks & the prophet poster

Remove this Banner Ad

I win teh interwebz.

No but seriously, great appointment in terms of co-captaincy. Neither would have warranted I by themselves IMO, based on youth and injury record (Grimes) but together it's perfect.

As for the leadership group, on the surface there are some bizarre choices there but it's clear Neeld wanted a completely clean slate and to really concentrate on the future. Good on him for making some big calls

The Moose must be nervous knowing you're in town... :D

Moloney would surely have been gutted.

Has his best ever year and gets demoted.

I hope this hasn't demoralised him. It also makes him less accountable off the field so maybe more chance of another off field slip up? Should have kept him in the group to be on the safe side IMO, unless he specifically said he didn't want to be in the leadership group.

I hope this hasn't demoralised him. It also makes him less accountable off the field so maybe more chance of another off field slip up? Should have kept him in the group to be on the safe side IMO, unless he specifically said he didn't want to be in the leadership group.

Ando, I don't think we need to worry about the older guys including Moloney being upset, They have been through the system & know that it is expected of them to help the younger ones regardless of being in a leadership group. I believe that it will actually help them focus on their game more, which is critical for them to perform at their peak in order for us to improve & to show the others how it is done properly...

Feel for Moloney but he will get on with it. The truth is the senior players at the MFC have had their chance to lead this team. They have shown consistently over the past lets say 4 years that they are not fit for the task. 186 and every other week when the team rolled over a got flogged has proven this.

This group of players are the future of this club, it's their time, it's their chance to show what they are made of.

Feel for Moloney but he will get on with it. The truth is the senior players at the MFC have had their chance to lead this team. They have shown consistently over the past lets say 4 years that they are not fit for the task. 186 and every other week when the team rolled over a got flogged has proven this.

This group of players are the future of this club, it's their time, it's their chance to show what they are made of.

This. It's a bit harsh given the lack of decent players/structure/tactics they've around them over that time, but at the end of the day they didn't do enough. Time to look to the future.

How much further back do you want us to go? 187?

It wasn't a post of disrespect.
Just looking from the outside it's an incredibly young squad you have. Now led by two incredibly young guys.

It's a gamble to suggest they will lead you through the years of development ahead of you.
If they do then of course you will be incredibly strong in a few years with 23 and 25 year old leaders.

I'm also not sure I buy Neelds line that he couldn't split the two.
It's more likely that he didn't feel that either one could handle it on their own.

Maybe he'll wait to see which one steps up and nominate a single captain in a year or 2 ??

Moloney would surely have been gutted.

Has his best ever year and gets demoted.

Agree. The guy barracked for Melbourne as a kid. And yet they promote a guy who has been at the club for 5 minutes. Very Poor decision, when it comes to morale. Can't see what would warrant him not being in the leadership group let alone captain.

This is horrible, I absolutely hate it. How are Trengove and Grimes going to develop into the players we need them to be when they have to focus on the off-field junk and be the faces of the club?

Absolute inditement on our senior players that none of them were a better option that two guys who haven't played forty games or reached their potential yet.

This appointment makes me extremely pessimistic about our on-field success. How are we going to win finals when nobody over 22 is leadership material?

Personally, I would have preferred Frawley for a few years, at least he is on top of his game. Also feel for Moloney, I would love to know why he isn't considered strong enough to be a part of the group.

I sure do hope I am proven wrong!

I'm happy with this. Sure there's the problem of the 2 players still developing, but then again there's 2 of them to share the captain's workload.
Good call Captain Jack!
A much better call than McLean4Captain (is he still around?).

i know his name should not be mentioned... BUT i would love to know what scully would be thinking surely he would of been up there for the top job considering.
well done jacks

I'm sure $cumbag would just look at his bank balance and get over any guilty thought. But seriously I am expecting him to be co captain at GWS. Maybe the Dees got a hint of this and rushed in first to name Trengove as club captain before $cumbag! Just a thought.

Yep, no front of shirt sponsor as of yet.

art-svCOCAPTAINS-420x0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of posters on the main board have said they have it on pretty good authority that Beamer asked to be left out of the leadership group. Anyone got any mail on this rumour??

Don't really understand this. Bartram was in a group of 3 or 4 players that gave his all in every game last year. Yes, he has problems with his kicking, but since when does that mean you can't be in a leadership group.

To delist an experienced player that actually showed some grit last year, albeit missing a few gettable shots (he's a defender) would be stupid. Particularly when we are already such a young side IMO

Agreed, i am a big fan of Bartram as he gives 110% every game, the same can't be said for all of our players. It is hard for us to judge a players worth in terms of leadership, as the most we see of them is for 2 hours on game day.

Good move IMO to completely clean out the leadership group and get some new faces in there, we have completely changed the football deparment coaches and administrators alike. We need to start 2012 afresh what better way to do it with 2 young captains who can lead the way for the next 10+ years!

Me thinks that Grimesy may be the one to handle the press.

There's two handles on the cup remember!?
True, but Mark will be holding one of them. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back