Cardiff City - Bluebirds Unite

Remove this Banner Ad

BUMP.

Thread existed before I was even here, but Hull has one so I presumed we did too.

Re-brand is starting to set in now. Huge sales on at the club. ALL kits £15 (around $25), so I thought I'd snatch a blue one. Turns out they're only available in XXXL whilst ofcourse the red kit had every size readily available, including kids. Just as the blue protests were stepping up as well, what a coincidence :rolleyes: Expecting to see a lot more kids in red this week. Most true fans should stick to their guns.

Would be sad if relegation was our savior from Tan. I'll still be stupid enough to give him my money, but it'll be a blue beanie on sale from 2011 stock, badge and all. :thumbsu:

I'm starting to wonder if that is what it will take to get rid of our own tyrant ;)

I didn't believe it would come this way, and so quickly. From this moment I can see Tan becoming a hero of this club. Our fan base is very fickle, more than most, but if we all unite I can see it going a long way for the players. Apparently Slade was talking to Tan about the colour change, saying he needs it to get everyone in the one direction. Much more respect for him.

IT IS NOW OFFICAL!

I didn't believe it would come this way, and so quickly. From this moment I can see Tan becoming a hero of this club. Our fan base is very fickle, more than most, but if we all unite I can see it going a long way for the players. Apparently Slade was talking to Tan about the colour change, saying he needs it to get everyone in the one direction. Much more respect for him.

IT IS NOW OFFICAL!

To be honest I could see ours being the same if Allam came out and reversed the Hull Tigers decision and fixed everything. And I wonder if he may do that now, since by all reports he's good friends with Vincent Tan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome news and happy for you Kreuuuzeurns. Will be great to see the blue return!

Maybe there's hope for us Toon folks too :)

Awesome news and happy for you Kreuuuzeurns. Will be great to see the blue return!

Maybe there's hope for us Toon folks too :)
What happened to you?

You may not like the owner, but he changed SJP back already and he's not changed much else.

What happened to you?

You may not like the owner, but he changed SJP back already and he's not changed much else.

He didn't change the name back - that was all Wonga mate who bought the stadium naming rights (and while thankful for them doing that, its still a sign of how far the club has fallen that Ashley has seen fit to make our main sponsor, in essence, a company that practices legalised loan sharking).

As for not changing much else - we've gone from a club that regularly fought and finished within the top 5 to a team that is content to finish 10th every season (and giving no interest to the cup competitions and a chance to end the trophy drought). The club has become more and more of a circus under his ownership. He doesn't care for the club, the club's image or the desire to end a 45 (and counting) year trophy drought. All he cares about is his money and how the club can support his business interests.

Off the top of my head, Ashley's reign has included:
  • Free advertising for his Sports Direct Empire by plastering the signs around the stadium (around 137 of them at last count). In Pardew's parting comments he said he was leaving a club with one of the lowest net spends in the premier league and that during his time 'the club punched above its weight'. A sign of how little ambition he has for the club. The club is purely a vessel for his business empire.
  • Seemingly doing his utmost to try and tar and shame club legends like Shearer and Keegan.
  • Banning local and national press from attending club press conferences for printing unfavourable material and views on the club.
  • Being more than happy to asset strip the club by selling both the best players and most promising youth products thus hamstringing the club from building a strong enough squad to challenge the stronger teams and selling off the future of the club for profit.
  • A relegation - largely of his own doing and design that cost him millions...that he then repays to himself by not reinvesting revenue from player sales or non existent commercial revenue.
  • Trivial appointments - Jo(k)e Kinnear, Derek Llambias, Dennis Wise, even Pardew who had been sacked by then league one Southampton. He didn't even have the decency to sack Pardew after he abused a fellow manager and headbutted a player due to the fact it might cost him some money.
  • Most importantly, being responsible for disenfranchising hundreds and thousands of fans with his 'No club PR, no ambition' direction of the club.
Despite what some media will state, all toon fans wants is an owner who cares for the club and not their wallet - I don't think that is too unreasonable.

The day club sees the back of Ashley, the better. Hopefully 2015 sees him sell up and move north to Rangers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back