Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Early, I know. But the signs are there. The Blues are playing well and if everything goes their way there's no reason why they can't win the flag imo. Just like Hawthorn of 2008.

A lot of things would have to fall into place for that to happen. Whereas next year, Carlton will be dictating terms to the opposition.

But yeah, its very much in the realms of possibilities.

They are flying.

I think they are a very strong chance to play off in the big one, and as we all know, if you're in the big dance, anything can happen.

Midfield is strong, backline links together well and can cover talls and smalls, and their forward line is rounded off with multiple guys who can kick 3 or 4 goals a week.

I think they may need to taper off just a little before the end of season and make sure they time their run for September.

They wouldn't want to be playing their best footy now, and then hit a wall later on. So it's going to come down to some good management from Ratten and his troops. They just have to keep bubbling along and keep the belief up, even if they drop a few.

Hit the finals running, and they can take home the cup.

Will be put back in their place next week :cool:

s**t thought this was the bay

Round 23 bye is going to be crucial for us in regards to how we play in the finals. But we still need to play 4 quarters consistently

They are flying.

I think they are a very strong chance to play off in the big one, and as we all know, if you're in the big dance, anything can happen.

Midfield is strong, backline links together well and can cover talls and smalls, and their forward line is rounded off with multiple guys who can kick 3 or 4 goals a week.

I think they may need to taper off just a little before the end of season and make sure they time their run for September.

They wouldn't want to be playing their best footy now, and then hit a wall later on. So it's going to come down to some good management from Ratten and his troops. They just have to keep bubbling along and keep the belief up, even if they drop a few.

Hit the finals running, and they can take home the cup.
We're fortunate in that we get our bye in round 23. Gives us the rest we need just before finals without the risk of a mental lapse of following up from a bye (not that it'd matter much in a finals game).

If we do win that first final, not sure how 2 byes in 4 weeks will affect us, but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they are the real deal, i love Carlton.

I still kind of think they lacked a key-forward - but Walker really seems to be filling these shoes.

Is he equal to a Buddy 2008? Maybe not?
But with superstars like Judd, Murphy, Gibbs..
X-factors like Gartlett, Yarran, Betts...
Kruzeur & Hampson (how's the knee?) in the air...
and a solid no nonsense backline including Duigan & Jamison...

A genuine premiership contender.

But before we get carried away - they will be there September - let's wait until they can win in September.

2011 is carltons best chance to win a flag. There is an energy and excitement that is irresitible when your team hasnt played in a grand final in a long time. Carlton could and should use that to swoop in for a flag.

I still feel 2004 was stkildas best chance to win a grand final. I thought we would have overun the aging lions, but port beat us to it.

From then on we could never find that youthful unpredictable energy again. We were too known, and too studied

Carlton are still enigmatic and a bit of an unknown, with some fantastic players. It could be a really exciting finals series for them, and the world would love to see them roll the pies in the grand.

Sieze the day, win it this year. Dont stuff around for 6 years like us for no result. But it is carlton, familiar with premierships i am certain that history of success adds to the belief it can be done.

Carlton are a juggernaut, I can't see anyone being able to beat them from now to the GF.

The Cup is theirs.
Good post :thumbsu:

I don't think it's too bad a comparison, although in that year Hawthorn & Geelong were the clear standouts, especially with Clarko's cluster being so effective. We're just sitting outside of the top 2 contenders at the moment, though games against West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn will give us a better indication of where we are.

I agree 100% at how we've taken an unexpectedly huge leap though, really come out of nowhere. Some didn't even tip us to make finals...

Pies are the reigning premiers, Cats are undefeated, injuries/suspensions play a big part, it's certainly falling into place for the Blues, but I believe that the Pies are the team to beat, as we know finals are a different game alll together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back