Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How highly do you guys rate these kids??
Iv heard mixed suggestions some saying they will be lucky to play at an AFL level, others saying they look extremely promising.
SOSOS and Rice... currently the pundits are including Rice in their top 20 players to watch in this draft. He looks like he is going to be ready to fire from round 1 playing either in the midfield or from the half back.

As for SOSOS, he is currently playing as a second tall for both his high school and the Chargers and appears, according to some of our draft watchers on here, to be progressing quite well. He might not be ready to rock from round 1, but he is going to be quite handy around the forward line. If he grows the extra 4-6cm that everyone is hoping for, he will eventually become one of our more important forwards!

SOSOS and Rice... currently the pundits are including Rice in their top 20 players to watch in this draft. He looks like he is going to be ready to fire from round 1 playing either in the midfield or from the half back.

As for SOSOS, he is currently playing as a second tall for both his high school and the Chargers and appears, according to some of our draft watchers on here, to be progressing quite well. He might not be ready to rock from round 1, but he is going to be quite handy around the forward line. If he grows the extra 4-6cm that everyone is hoping for, he will eventually become one of our more important forwards!

which, lets face it, wouldn't be that hard...

We need all the leg ups we can get...

In the year they change father son to reduce the advantage.
I am waiting until they scrap it altogether in 2030 just as we have a number of father/son recruits coming through...

How many pundits?

AFL website i think it is ran one article saying Rice in top 20

Elsewhere it's reported a club recruiter has SOSOS as late first round early second round

How many pundits?

AFL website i think it is ran one article saying Rice in top 20

Elsewhere it's reported a club recruiter has SOSOS as late first round early second round
I've seen a couple of other articles about Rice on the age website I think that were really rating him.

Ok good

He's certainly a good build isn't he

Prob a good thing Jack is playing school footy now
It's definitely a good thing that Jack is playing school football now. The more school football he plays the less exposure he has at TAC level and it makes it harder for the scouts from the AFL to slot him into a pidgeon hole somewhere as a first or second round pick. If people start talking him up now, they could conceivably put him down as a potential first round pick. And if Bailey is rated top 20 as well, then we could lose out on one of them in the draft.

As for Bailey... he would slot straight into our midfield and have an immediate impact. He has a mature body and has a reasonable amount of pace about him from what I have heard. I think that he would work well as the inside/outside midfielder who is either in and under winning the ball or being the first receiver after Cripps extracts it.

I know Silvagni is and I would imagine Rice is too.
If anyone watched Future Stars they had a phantom draft for the top 20 players.
Plough had us taking Rice with pick 20, based on us finishing 17th).
I dont see the Aints going in to bid a first round pick for him TBH. The best that they would look at would be a third rounder I think. Which means that he might cost us our third round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont see the Aints going in to bid a first round pick for him TBH. The best that they would look at would be a third rounder I think. Which means that he might cost us our third round pick.
Its not just the saints though. Anyone from Brisbane-Freo could bid on him with pick 2-18 and force us to use our 2nd

Its not just the saints though. Anyone from Brisbane-Freo could bid on him with pick 2-18 and force us to use our 2nd
True that... But who would be willing to take the chance of overpaying for him.

Best case scenario for Rice is if St.K bids its 2nd rounder (wont bid 1st as it'll be pick 1-5)

Say they end up with pick 4,22,40... then we would only need to upgrade pick 37 to pick 22

That means we move our 3rd rounder back to pick 53

So we effectively will get Rice + 53 for pick 37

Worst case is if someone bids a Mid 1st rounder.....
Say pick 12???
Means we would get Rice + 45 + 80odd for picks 19 + 37

So you can see how good/bad the new system can be

Best case scenario for Rice is if St.K bids its 2nd rounder (wont bid 1st as it'll be pick 1-5)

Say they end up with pick 4,22,40... then we would only need to upgrade pick 37 to pick 22

Say pick 12???

?????????????????

Have to sell Rice the Dream

It will be a tricky balance publicly saying "we won't be taking rice if someone bids on him in the first round" to scare teams off, while also trying to convince him we love him and to choose us over the saints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say pick 12???

?????????????????
I'd bat first & get some runs on the board in case it rains later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back