Carlton Game

Remove this Banner Ad

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, I reckon you don't have to be Nostradamus to realise our chances are slim for this game. After Carlton's great win last Thursday they'll be full of confidence and the additions of Kouta, SOS and Braddles will be a big boost for them. As a Crows supporter, I'd love to see us get up but I'm struggling to see how we can possibly win.

Everything would have to go right for us, the midfield would have to get on top and Roo and Macca would have to play blinders. Traditionally Carlton's runners have a field day against us, we can never seem to stop Ratten, Campo and Braddles.

With Crowell being in good form at full back this year and keeping Bassett out of the team, I thought great, we have a little bit of depth at that position. Just our luck to have both injured at the same time
smile.gif
This game will test our defence, Whitnall, Fevola, Lappin, Hickmott will present a challenge while their midfield usually kicks a few goals as well. I wouldn't mind seeing our runners being a bit more accountable through the middle of the ground.

Possible matchups in defence

Whitnall- McGregor? (not sure about this one)
Fevola- Stevens?
Hickmott- Hart
Lappin- Smart

What about Kouta?? I've got no idea. Robran, Biglands?? He has the ability to tear us apart, hopefully he'll be far from his best after missing last week.

Up forward will be a problem, as always, especially against Carlton's miserly defence. Vards, Jars, Welshy and Robran will need to be at their best to kick a winning score and we'll definitely need our midfield to match theirs in terms of goals kicked to stay close.

Last week we played without confidence and belief, both in ourselves and each other, while our skills were particularly disappointing. To turn it around in one week, against a professional unit with 3 extra days break and at one of the toughest home grounds in the league will be nigh on impossible. You never know however and I'll certainly be glued to the screen, with fingers, toes and arms crossed. A little divine intervention would be quite handy too...

BTW, Macca, you'll be pleased to see Ricky in the team, now he can't stuff up the Magpies this week, right??
smile.gif

Ummm, my tip ;

crows by 68 pts
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

Originally posted by ant:
But if we even win by 10 points I'll go and buy a Port membership after the game.
smile.gif

In that case then, go you Blues!

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

LOL ANT, i can guarentee you we will play better than last week!
wink.gif

Come into chat man!

------------------

I would LOVE to QT, but I can't get in, some problem with my Digichat Applet or something like that. Who's in there anyway?? Say hi for me.
smile.gif

Ok, try reconencting or some s**t, we all had probs earlier aswell, anyone everyone says hello, and bloody do somethin so ya can get in!

------------------

No luck QT, chat hasn't been working for more than a week and things haven't changed tonight. Oh well, better luck next time I guess. Cheers to everyone and QT, keep spreading the Crow name!! Go the Crows!! lol
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by Blues_Girl:
My tip Carlton by 78pts!

Bitch..........
frown.gif

------------------

What about Kouta?? I've got no idea. Robran, Biglands?? He has the ability to tear us apart, hopefully he'll be far from his best after missing last week.

Remember last year when Beinke defeated Kouta in his position for about a half? I can guarentee you Ayresy thinks Beinke matches up well against Kouta, and the Rockstar is in the team for that reason...

Like I said, crows by 68 pts
smile.gif

------------------

QT, I love your devotion to the club, you're always backing the Crows and that's great. But if we even win by 10 points I'll go and buy a Port membership after the game.
smile.gif

Ill hold you to that Ant!!!!!!!

Yes, its good to see Ricky O out of the magpies guernsey!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If carton got beaten last week...then everyone would prob say we have a realistic chance.

If Hawthorn (Most overatted team in the AFL) can beat the Blues at Optus, so can we!!

Go Crows, you beauty!
wink.gif

and P.S, Happy 900th Post me!

------------------

900 posts QT, well done mate. You are a bigfooty legend.

Macca, no worries, I promise I'll get a Port membership, but the Crows have to WIN. Not much chance of that, so I think I'm quite safe. Nothing would be worse than joining your mob but I'll still be barracking hard for the Crows.

900 posts QT, well done mate. You are a bigfooty legend.

Macca, no worries, I promise I'll get a Port membership, but the Crows have to WIN. Not much chance of that, so I think I'm quite safe. Nothing would be worse than joining your mob but I'll still be barracking hard for the Crows.

hehe, well your a magpie already, why not be a power man as well!!

Originally posted by Macca19:

hehe, well your a magpie already, why not be a power man as well!!

Coz hes not ****ed!
wink.gif

------------------

QT, I love your devotion to the club, you're always backing the Crows and that's great. But if we even win by 10 points I'll go and buy a Port membership after the game.
smile.gif

Welcome aboard Ant, Its great to see that you are now joining a winning team. Wasn't it great the way our boys destroyed St Kilda tonight well get ready for more victories like that now that you are a Power supporter.

He said 10 pts!

We won by 9
wink.gif

ANT is still a "crow"

------------------

Ant you cant buy a membership!

It will totally wreck ya life!

Trust me, i know what its like to live with port members
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by QT:
Ant you cant buy a membership!

It will totally wreck ya life!

Trust me, i know what its like to live with port members
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

Thats right, being a Port supporter will ruin your life Ant because we are always so successful that mean their is a lot of celebrating which = drinking alcohol which means you will become a drunk.
biggrin.gif

I've already celebrated a few Port premierships, haven't yet had the opportunity to do it with alcohol yet. Maybe a change to the Power might enable me to celebrate an AFL flag win sooner than with the Crows??
smile.gif

Don't worry QT, I'm just kidding.
smile.gif

I can see you are starting to turn Ant. You are remembering all those glory days you had with the Magpies and now you can see it's going to happen with the Power. Its not like you haven't jump from one team to another before e.g being a Bulls fan and then when Michael Jordon retired you became a Lakers fan. C'mon Ant admitt it you have had thoughts of becomming a Power supporter.

Hey Carb, I'm not a bandwagon jumper, just cause I used to be a Glenelg and Chicago Bulls fan but now go for the Magpies and Lakers, doesn't mean I jump ship easily.
biggrin.gif

As I said, I was an MJ fan, and MJ played for the Bulls so that's why I followed them. Now he's not playing anymore, the Bulls are pretty bad and I couldn't care less.
smile.gif

Now, it's really tempting, I know, to go and support a team of the Power's calibre, strong membership base, loyal fans, wonderful facilities, great, young list, promising coach. I'd be assured of a seat to every game, no problem there. But I feel I really should make a long term commitment to the Crows, who have been there for me in the past. I feel that's the least I could do for them and I think they need fans sticking by them now, rather than jumping ship to the new, beautiful, luxury liner across town.
smile.gif
I think I'd be lynched too by a certain mad Crow fan on this board if I went to support Power.
biggrin.gif

I think you can see my position Carb.
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back