Carlton in no man's land

Remove this Banner Ad

Among others but start there. I’d be looking at the midfield and don’t take this the wrong way. Bar Walsh none of them can kick. You bring in Acres for what reason? Bloke would miss a bloke 10m away under no pressure.
He did exactly that first possession 5 mins in on Saturday night. At one stage I think he had 8 kicks at 0% efficiency :tearsofjoy:

Unreal.

Among others but start there. I’d be looking at the midfield and don’t take this the wrong way. Bar Walsh none of them can kick. You bring in Acres for what reason? Bloke would miss a bloke 10m away under no pressure.

Cerra is a fine kick of the football on both sides and I think Kennedy would be above average. Walsh is good in space but his disposal has suffered as his game has become more contested.

I do agree with your sentiment. Our foot skills across the park are generally poor.

He did exactly that first possession 5 mins in on Saturday night. At one stage I think he had 8 kicks at 0% efficiency :tearsofjoy:

Unreal.

Yep there’s a reason StKilda and Freo were non fussed him leaving look he tries hard but when Cottrell is a mile better and a first year wingman is better what does that tell you

Cerra is a fine kick of the football on both sides and I think Kennedy would be above average. Walsh is good in space but his disposal has suffered as his game has become more contested.

I do agree with your sentiment. Our foot skills across the park are generally poor.

Didn’t count Cerra as he’s not playing mid. Hewett is decent I forgot him. Still if you have let’s give you those two and say 3 can kick…you are butchering it around that. Hollands will be really good but he’s no elite kick runs his behind off though. Really like him as a player probably the reason I watch your games actually

A few years ago? If Ed Curnow can get a game at Carlton in 2023 then Luke Hodge definitely could.

Lol I did like how Vossy put the slowest mid as your sub! Honestly tell me he was drunk or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd love to be a player nowadays, absolutely no accountability and everyone just blames the coach. McKay, Weitering and Cripps all had a terrible month of footy but get off scot-free.
Was contemplating this one a little. Chicken and egg maybe? The players have to take some accountability but I think it's the coach's ultimate responsibility to gets the best out of the players.

McKays head is full of ****, he's totally shot. Cripps down on confidence too. Weitering not the same since he was introduced to a fetching Nigerian Prince.

Can't really blame Voss for Weitering's form, but he's gotta find a way to fix McKay and Cripps, McKay's probably getting close to being dropped surely.

Oh yeah we have supreme talent knocking on the door in the VFL ready to take his spot...
That's good to hear. I don't follow VFL personally.
Even if you didn't have any supreme talent though you don't need a like-for-like replacement.

What is he bringing to the team? His job is kick goals and he's trash at it right now.

Everyone laughed when Collingwood gave away Treloar, and then did the same with Grundy, but they realised that list balance is more important than having superstars on superstar money.
Had we managed our cap better we could have kept Treloar and he’d still be a key contributor to our side today. We are performing despite our fiasco in 2020 not because of it.

Last edited:
Was contemplating this one a little. Chicken and egg maybe? The players have to take some accountability but I think it's the coach's ultimate responsibility to gets the best out of the players.

McKays head is full of *, he's totally shot. Cripps down on confidence too. Weitering not the same since he was introduced to a fetching Nigerian Prince.

Can't really blame Voss for Weitering's form, but he's gotta find a way to fix McKay and Cripps, McKay's probably getting close to being dropped surely.
I heard we’ve offered to send Trav Cloke down to guide Harry

McKays head is full of *, he's totally shot. Cripps down on confidence too. Weitering not the same since he was introduced to a fetching Nigerian Prince.

For role players the coaching would definitely have a bit to do with it. But those guys are stars of the game that know what they should be doing every single week. McKay and Cripps not being able to perform simple skills is beyond coaching. Cripps won a Brownlow last year playing an inside role, it's not like he's now being asked to seagull around half-back, he's still in there inside, just playing like ass.

For role players the coaching would definitely have a bit to do with it. But those guys are stars of the game that know what they should be doing every single week. McKay and Cripps not being able to perform simple skills is beyond coaching. Cripps won a Brownlow last year playing an inside role, it's not like he's now being asked to seagull around half-back, he's still in there inside, just playing like ass.
Serious question, have you got a goal kicking coach working with Harry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back