Roast Carlton in no man's land

Remove this Banner Ad

As strange as it sounds I saw some improvement on Saturday night. I thought we took the game on more and tried to be more proactive. Issue in the first half was the connection up forward and lack of ability to score from our efforts

In the second half we improved in that area and I like the way we didn't bomb it as much and lowered the eyes and hit targets. It brought our smaller players into the game

I also can't complain about the effort through the midfield and defence.

The fact that we got back and hit the lead with good football says a lot. IMO we have the ability to be a finals side. I don't know if it's coaching or not but time needs to be put into our skills and goal kicking. It's the basics that have let us down

Other positive is we have not as many injuries at the moment. Players like Kennedy Hewett Walsh McGovern Cottrell Owies Pittonet are now fit and starting to contribute more consistently are injury interrupted pre seasons.

Kemp Cincotta Cowan & Hollands have showed a lot. At years end we will clear out some dead wood and add to what we have.

If we can stay fit through the bye with Boyd Martin TDK Marchbank Cningham also coming back (depth is vital) I believe we can have a big second half of the year
I mean anything I can happen, but I think things are going to get a fair bit worse for us before they get better. I think we will be dangerous 2nd half of the year, in that we could knock off decent sides and mess up their top 4 top 8 plans, but I expect us to win around 10 games in total max.

I would also forget about Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank. Permanently injured, not sure why we would expect different now. Aside from TDK offering more than Mirkov in the VFL, not sure what he offers either. In real terms outside of Zac Williams, we have our best 22 out there (though many of those shadows of their normal selves, either due to injury, form or both).

Shows how far Cripps has fallen that he needs to resort to hair pulling in a contest to get anywhere near winning a clearance. ******* s**t campaigner

Absolute danger game. If Frampton doesn't get up, either Curnow or McKay is going to have a big size advantage over their opponent, which they could exploit.
Probably need to have the ball in the 50 before they can kick goals (10 meters out directly in front in Harry's case), somehow I think the pies will be just fine lol

Last edited:
I mean anything I can happen, but I think things are going to get a fair bit worse for us before they get better. I think we will be dangerous 2nd half of the year, in that we could knock off decent sides and mess up their top 4 top 8 plans, but I expect us to win around 10 games in total max.

I would also forget about Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank. Permanently injured, not sure why we would expect different now. Aside from TDK offering more than Mirkov in the VFL, not sure what he offers either. In real terms outside of Zac Williams, we have our best 22 out there (though many of those shadows of their normal selves, either due to injury, form or both).
Williams Martin and Cunningham are pipe dreams and yep probably Marchbank too. Sooner they are off the list the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Jack Martin? Was going to be a generational player apparently.

Martin, McGovern and Williams should be jailed given the amount of money they have stolen from the club.

Apparently Martin is training again. Whoopdee ******* doo.

Zero pressure for spots may mean he comes straight back in. I'd pick him as sub given his body can't go 4 quarters.

And to think they'd offload all of Martin, Williams & McGovern for Papley now. Refresh my memory, why did the Papley deal fall through?

And to think they'd offload all of Martin, Williams & McGovern for Papley now. Refresh my memory, why did the Papley deal fall through?
I seem to remember it being something we couldn't get around, a third party deal had to happen or the Swans wouldn't even come to the table. Daniher maybe?

The trolls don't work when it's the same joke repeated over and over again.

When we hit the front vs the Bulldogs on the weekened it was more of a "haha good one Carlton" vibe rather than any genuine excitement.
Yeah i was with some Carlton mates when that happened and one of them said "We'll still heck this up"

Williams Martin and Cunningham are pipe dreams and yep probably Marchbank too. Sooner they are off the list the better.

Among others but start there. I’d be looking at the midfield and don’t take this the wrong way. Bar Walsh none of them can kick. You bring in Acres for what reason? Bloke would miss a bloke 10m away under no pressure.

Good to see there are some good humoured Carlton supporting folk showing their faces and having a light hearted laugh at the situation.

Though there are some posters who were very outspoken during the off-season who have gone very quiet in recent weeks....

Hmmmmm...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back