Caro article tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Non issue until 2016 when the Hawks deal expires.

Isn't JB gone by then? Are the AFL really going to offer the Hawks another 7.5M to vacate and offer something enticing enough for a debt free North or other team? Does Victorian politics change hands by then and change the Ballarat landscape? Will the Tasmanians ever get over their civil war?
By then we will have no debt.

And if we leave Tassie, I expect that we will never go down the debt path again.

Live within our means and play good footy. The rest will take care of itself.

Another good point on this made by Stuart Fox today. The AFL has gone out of its way to manufacture rivalries in every mainland state where AFL is played, installing second teams in SA, WA, NSW and Queensland. Now they have a growing rivalry between two very good teams based in rival regions of Tasmania, and they want to cut it short to install a single team and try to manufacture state unity where it doesn't exist, for the same number of games?

Just a thought on motives for kicking off a conversation that hasn't existed until yesterday. Maybe Gillon is shoring up his own support base by sucking up to AFL Tasmania?

Caro is trolling the Hawks more then us . We are not in a position to need or want to be a tassie 8 game team so no need to get all defensive about it . Infact it's more about how the hawks would be positioned without the revenue it generates from Tassie. Infact they'd be operating at loss if they didn't have tassie .
Tassie works well with us and the hawks there , two good teams . We just need to play 4 games there.
Then Tassie gets 8 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that's wrong. A business spends based on revenue. I'm sure Hawks spend more accross the board because they know they have this revenue coming in. If that stops, then they decrease spending. It's pretty simple business 101.

Sorry that's wrong. A business spends based on revenue. I'm sure Hawks spend more accross the board because they know they have this revenue coming in. If that stops, then they decrease spending. It's pretty simple business 101.
WB have money saved up for their VFL team?

With respect, plenty in this post is just plain wrong. You are reaching a number of conclusions that simply don't have merit.

The 7 game proposal was not long term, it was short term to help rid the club of debt. That didn't eventuate and now doesn't need to due to a variety of reasons, but wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing knowing the Etihad (shocking) deal.

Why people want to keep bashing JB when he has done an outstanding job I have no idea.

I think a lot of members still have the relocation jitters so all i can say to them is We Have Rights. Yes we are no longer a dictatorship and
its not to hard to call an (emergency general meeting) to get members to decide the fate of our club. In JB we trust that he'll keep to his word
but if he tries to backhand us the roar from the now empowered north folk will be deafening. Social media the world news in 12 milliseconds.

Another good point on this made by Stuart Fox today. The AFL has gone out of its way to manufacture rivalries in every mainland state where AFL is played, installing second teams in SA, WA, NSW and Queensland. Now they have a growing rivalry between two very good teams based in rival regions of Tasmania, and they want to cut it short to install a single team and try to manufacture state unity where it doesn't exist, for the same number of games?
Yep. No particular reason why Tassie should have one Victorian team, not two, unless it is genuinely to create unity en route to their own team, relocated or otherwise.

I like the idea of two teams, us and the Hawks playing four games each there each year and creating/extending the rivalry.

WB have money saved up for their VFL team?
Not sure of your point? Hawks and WB are clearly two different beasts in terms of their revenue streams. AFL is sick of bailing out teams who get themselves into debt by making emotional decisions. I'm sure the WB would have had to get AFL sign off before going down the VFL path.

No Carro fan as everyone would know but this is an AFL story. Gilligan is leading this through their regular mouthpiece.
If it's a complex issue Gilligan won't be able to comprehend it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure of your point? Hawks and WB are clearly two different beasts in terms of their revenue streams. AFL is sick of bailing out teams who get themselves into debt by making emotional decisions. I'm sure the WB would have had to get AFL sign off before going down the VFL path.
Something about spending what you earn and not above your means. Wasn't that hard.

Well that's exactly my point, if they stopped Tassie revenue, they'd be making a loss. Right now!
When revenue stops you cut back spending as you say, or develop another revenue stream.

With respect, plenty in this post is just plain wrong. You are reaching a number of conclusions that simply don't have merit.

The 7 game proposal was not long term, it was short term to help rid the club of debt. That didn't eventuate and now doesn't need to due to a variety of reasons, but wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing knowing the Etihad (shocking) deal.

Why people want to keep bashing JB when he has done an outstanding job I have no idea.

I am getting sick and tired of people keep saying I am wrong when I state fact and instead offer complete bullshit as the other alternative. If you think I am wrong, find evidence that I am wrong, found this after 10 seconds on google.

Drink from the ******* Kool-Aid.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-11/james-brayshaw-says-any-deal-needs-to-be-a-long/2333266

I am getting sick and tired of people keep saying I am wrong when I state fact and instead offer complete bullshit as the other alternative. If you think I am wrong, find evidence that I am wrong, found this after 10 seconds on google.

Drink from the ******* Kool-Aid.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-11/james-brayshaw-says-any-deal-needs-to-be-a-long/2333266
LOL. Well played Tas.

Just listen to that link.

James Brayshaws indeed.

And to think that this fricken Bright Spark is our president. :stern look

193549-james-brayshaw.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gilligan is in on it too, hey?

I think her article is fine as it discusses Tasmania in a broader context after comments from the supposed heir to the AFL throne indicating the potential for a quasi relocation of one club by 2017. That we are one of the clubs already there is not her design but a reality and as such we will be discussed as a potential suitor.

Given our president has in the last few years engaged the AFL in discussions around playing 7 games in Tasmania and he has overseen the amendment of the constitution to allow for this to occur without member input as long we maintain a Melbourne home base (whatever that may mean) a number of supporters are rightly concerned that there is more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of.

There is a story here, and Caro has a right to write it. It's now up to JB to come out and refute it. I know Funky Carl has, but I want to hear it from the horses mouth given his previous position on this.
Exactly. Is it too much to ask for Wonder Woman to come out and say something like. "Jeepers, I was an idiot for thinking it a good idea that we play 7 home games on the Map. I didn't realise that our Melbourne Supporter Base wouldn't stand for it. I think my Mankini was too tight around my nuts and that. Cut the oxygen supply to my brain. Anyways I've changed my stance and the maximum amount of games we wish to play in Hobart is 3. That's it. And whilst I'm at it I will change our constitution to reflect this new found stance that we can't play more than 3 home games outside of Melbourne moving forward." :stern look

The knives are sharper than I ever thought they were.

I still trust our boys to do the right thing but I've been educated.
For me it's not a question of knives out mate. JB has done wonderful things for the club and saved our club from oblivion and all of us should be eternally grateful to him for that. Him being the saviour does not give him the mandate to do as he wishes with the club though based upon assumptions and wishy-washy sloganistic statements.

If his position has changed from 2010 and 7 games is no longer a position that the club would consider then I would like to hear it. If we as a club cannot survive and compete in Melbourne when playing 3-4 games in Hobart each year, I would like to know why. If this is indeed the case I would like to know why JB thinks its ok to relocate the majority of home games to Tasmania without our approval. Surely consultation and honesty around that consultation is appropriate.

Again, JB has done great things for us, but if he is positioning us for 7 home games in Tassie after effectively removing the memberships opinion from the equation, then he has gone too far and betrayed the supporter group he rallied to his side back at DBH. I think the time for a statement from him, not from Carl (from my perspective) Delina is nigh given the statements he made in 2010 and the smoke signals coming from AFL house.

For me it's not a question of knives out mate. JB has done wonderful things for the club and saved our club from oblivion and all of us should be eternally grateful to him for that. Him being the saviour does not give him the mandate to do as he wishes with the club though based upon assumptions and wishy-washy sloganistic statements.

If his position has changed from 2010 and 7 games is no longer a position that the club would consider then I would like to hear it. If we as a club cannot survive and compete in Melbourne when playing 3-4 games in Hobart each year, I would like to know why. If this is indeed the case I would like to know why JB thinks its ok to relocate the majority of home games to Tasmania without our approval. Surely consultation and honesty around that consultation is appropriate.

Again, JB has done great things for us, but if he is positioning us for 7 home games in Tassie after effectively removing the memberships opinion from the equation, then he has gone too far and betrayed the supporter group he rallied to his side back at DBH. I think the time for a statement from him, not from Carl (from my perspective) Delina is nigh given the statements he made in 2010 and the smoke signals coming from AFL house.
Fair enough. My nerd glasses are firmly rose-tinted so the turn this topic took gave me quite a beating.

Fair enough. My nerd glasses are firmly rose-tinted so the turn this topic took gave me quite a beating.
Hey mate, I've been massively supportive of JB but these comments from Gilligan who is on the cusp of taking the top job, the timing of the contracts ending, the close relationship of Gilligan and JB, the change to the constitution that effectively allows the board to quasi-relocate the club and the position of JB from 2010 worries me. Maybe I am over reacting, maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back