No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they have indefensible evidence, but they are willing to cut it by 12 months then offer another discount just on good will?

Must be some pretty sweet evidence.

Jones and Hardie.. hopefully somebody will start listening soon as they pretty much summed it up. A farking disgrace.

How anyone could have heard the testimony in court (whether or not we are successful) and still believe ASADA have acted 'independent of government and sporting bodies' to achieve a 'model litigant case' against doping is beyond me.

Also, as a tax payer, I am pretty disappointed the government is actually using my money to support these muppets and the joke of an organisation they work for. So my grandma will have to pay $7 to visit a GP but these assclowns can spend millions grandstanding over whether some players in a PRIVATE and DOMESTIC sporting competition may have taken an insignificant volume of a potential minute performance enhance drug over two years ago after being duped by a dodgy but internationally acclaimed sports scientist...

Yep.. this just keeps on getting better and better...

LOL LOL LOL...

So basically.. take the deal NOW before Justice Middleton makes a ruling.. or else we will get you... mkay!

How about we just wait a couple of weeks and see what happens?? Why the rush to make deals now?

Possibly the most stupidest thing written on this saga in any form including the HTB.

Possibly the most stupidest thing written on this saga in any form including the HTB.
What is scary.. is apparently this was a deal made IN WRITING from ASADA to the AFL.. I mean IF that is true.. then I just don't even know what to say.

Every week it seems like we reach a new low.. but I have never heard of such stupidity.. to put a deal in writing that involves 'plead now before a court rules whether we acted illegally' is sheer madness.. on an epic scale.

In fact if asked if I have ever seen anything stupider.. I simply must state "I don't recall".

Have ASADA wilfully ignored Justice Middleton's orders from the Federal Court hearing ? Justice Middleton explicitly asked ASADA to refrain from taking any further action until the completion of the Federal court case. Now we have ASADA issuing Show Cause notices to Cronulla players, offering them plea bargains, and allegedly offering Essendon players plea bargains. Surely the Federal Court will intervene.

Have ASADA wilfully ignored Justice Middleton's orders from the Federal Court hearing ? Justice Middleton explicitly asked ASADA to refrain from taking any further action until the completion of the Federal court case. Now we have ASADA issuing Show Cause notices to Cronulla players, offering them plea bargains, and allegedly offering Essendon players plea bargains. Surely the Federal Court will intervene.

Good point. You'd think Middo may be compelled to throw out an injunction to prevent these clowns from circumventing the courts instructions and their own legislation in a bumbling attempt to save face.

I think that changed a little during the trial. May be wrong.

Technically.. the NRL and AFL probes are 'separate' entities so presumably one is not intrinsic to the other. Although I would suggest that IF we are successful, then Cronulla would be close behind us into court.

The supposed 'deal' that is currently being rumoured is the one most in direct violation of Middletons 'wishes'... I wouldn't be surprised if the club attempts to get its hands on a copy of said deal and asks to see Middleton promptly. I would imagine Middleton will offer an injunction against all further 'deals' until he returns his verdict.

I think that changed a little during the trial. May be wrong.

It wasn't a direct order but a strong inference - Explicitly asked ASADA not to act on the Show Cause notices - That's what ASADA is currently doing !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The supposed 'deal' that is currently being rumoured is the one most in direct violation of Middletons 'wishes'... I wouldn't be surprised if the club attempts to get its hands on a copy of said deal and asks to see Middleton promptly.
Especially as the way the deal is worded in terms of when the offer is available - it's clearly trying to cut Middleton out of the picture and make his verdict irrelevant by getting players to plead guilty before his verdict is returned.

Oh don't you worry, ASADA has sourced much more information after Macca came on board, to bring us down. We should just bow down and take the freebie while we can. His breakout information has been rounded up by....
250pxeaton.jpg

...'Top Men'.

I know it is asada trying to bluff us out, but I still get a bit of a sick feeling reading it. Just the fact that asada are a government organisation and the pressure on them could still be coming from higher powers in the land.

But this line in the article: "for the anti-doping body to issue an infraction notice, is to establish to its satisfaction that evidence of a doping breach took place."

But to be handed penalties by the AFL tribunal, doesn't the evidence have to be just below that of beyond reasonable doubt? They never state that in their shitty articles.
That's just made up words by Masters. Its the word 'possibility' that is the test

Especially as the way the deal is worded in terms of when the offer is available - it's clearly trying to cut Middleton out of the picture and make his verdict irrelevant by getting players to plead guilty before his verdict is returned.

The only thing transparent about this 'organisation' is its desperation.

The only thing transparent about this 'organisation' is its desperation.
Surely there is a point where desperation works against you - the more obvious you are about desperately wanting players to plead guilty, the more likely they are to think you've got nothing on them.

In my opinion ASADA have now played all of their hands in attempt to make EFC keel over. Pre court when McDoodle did his media tour pleading for players to take an early penalty, their QC threatening that ASADA will issue show cause notices anyway within 24 hours if the investigation is deemed unlawful, and now ASADA trying again to get players penalized on an early plea and wait for it 'on a technicality'.

The one thing that is 100% certain is that we have a government agency absolutely shitting themselves because of the prospect of an illegal joint investigation, and lack of hard evidence = public embarrassment, waste of: time, resources, funding, money.

ASADA' only way to regain some credibility and respect is to land that big fish, than all (mentioned above) is justified and validated.

If this was a poker game you would go all in with a pair of 2's, 100% confident that ASADA are bluffing and have absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely there is a point where desperation works against you - the more obvious you are about desperately wanting players to plead guilty, the more likely they are to think you've got nothing on them.

There is and ASADA's there, but I think the saying goes 'there aren't any as blind as those who will not see'

The one thing that is 100% certain is that we have a government agency absolutely shitting themselves because of the prospect of an illegal joint investigation
I love how Alan Jones kept repeating about how ASADA is meant to be an independent arbitrator...and how they should all quit for the s**t job they have done up until now.

This is really what its got to. Add to that, that when cases go to court that they are fighting mis-truths with tax payers money.

The Joker in the deck is that this independent department has, or is still being driven by the government to get results and save face. I don't know about you, but I've not seen many actions against governments get up of late; unless, of course, you take into account 'The Castle'.

The Cronulla action today only shows what influence is still out there to get a *result, where the only game in town gets to write its own rule book and decide the result before the coins even been tossed.

It absolutely incenses me that we (taxpayers) are paying for this clusterf*ck. These guys shouldn't be allowed to organise a f*cking picnic.

While I'm at it, can somebody explain to me how the * a player is meant to plead guilty to having been duped when neither they nor us know with any certainty what was given???

I made it most of the way through the Masters article - I've gotten pretty steely with reading this s**t - then I got to the word "waivers". Then I threw my phone. How do some people still have no ******* clue.

So a couple questions - who holds ASADA to account here with this s**t? When did this ASADA act come in where they could wheel and deal penalties? What are the laws on what they should be showing the players with regards to evidence? Is this honestly like a game of cards with their futures and health where they have to guess if ASADA are bluffing? What even happened to the ADRVP, yaknow, the independent panel? When are ASADA going to tell us what happened with their involvement in AOD9604? Because you know that's a big campaignering conflict if they bungled that s**t up and gives them incentive to get an outcome any other way.

Back to the first question: WHO IS GOING TO HOLD THESE MAGGOTS TO ACCOUNT?!?!

I love how Alan Jones kept repeating about how ASADA is meant to be an independent arbitrator...and how they should all quit for the s**t job they have done up until now.

This is really what its got to. Add to that, that when cases go to court that they are fighting mis-truths with tax payers money.

The Joker in the deck is that this independent department has, or is still being driven by the government to get results and save face. I don't know about you, but I've not seen many actions against governments get up of late; unless, of course, you take into account 'The Castle'.

The Cronulla action today only shows what influence is still out there to get a *result, where the only game in town gets to write its own rule book and decide the result before the coins even been tossed.

Maybe one last roll of the dice for ASADA. Feels like the walls are closing in on them with a furious Alan Jones (decent political clout) on the airwaves drumming up support for a senate inquiry. Middleton's ruling could be terminal for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back