No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the assumption either Essendon or the AFL are paying Hird's salary, and knowing that it's a sizable figure, it will be hard to hide in the relevant company's annual financial report.

I've never seen a public release of the AFL annual financial report. Would it detail all the details of deals with clubs and junket trips overseas to Olympics etc?!

There is nothing 'new' about these stories, and I think it is more of a battle between HUN and AFL to get back at Vlad a little for 'freezing' them out of the 'saga' a little this year by giving Caro a free info stream..

Anyone who had been paying attention knew that the the whole situation stunk badly and was so badly managed it was laughable. Anyone who was involved also knew that it was going to court and the AFL were going to end up looking like idiots and that, ultimately, that isn't ideal for the competition as a whole.

As I said at the time and I will maintain forever, Hird is a hero that literally swallowed his pride and took a huge huge huge hit for the sake of the club he loves. It was made clear to Hird that his head was required to appease the public... and ONLY when it was made clear to him that he had a choice: Go to court and drag the club, competition and ASADA down and possibly have his players dragged through another three years of this crap, have his Hall of Fame status stripped, be deregistered etc etc OR he goes on a 'development' year for 12 months, clears his head, gets the journo's off the front lawn, no player gets suspended, club moves on and he comes back in 12 months (after receiving full pay plus 'benefits') to continue as 'as per usual'... and he took the deal...

Our Wakely award winning journo didn't really want to dig that deep and I guess everyone thought it would all stay hidden.. but I think it MUST all come out.. the trust must get into the public forum and people have a right to form their own opinion.

It is still the shitty shitty shitty situation that our club has suffered the biggest punishments in HISTORY for doing absolutely NOTHING wrong, other than having a few poor procedures and being a bit lax with some record keeping...

That Ziggy report was the SINGLE biggest mistake we made, right after we made the epic FU of the century by holding that press conference and inviting ASADAUSELESS in... The AFL and Fairfax have hung us out to dry with our OWN words and OWN actions.. NOTHING at all to do with evidence, facts or actual rules being broken...

I wish this thing would end, but it won't end because it is a festering wound of lies, deceit and just blatant cheating on the AFL's behalf.. Vlad will write to the clubs to try and keep them calm, try to keep them in line.. and keep them calm that just maybe the footy public might wake up to the fact that we are being treated like idiots.. by an out of control and CORRUPT organisation that is the AFL...

I hope it ALL comes out.. and the blame is given to the right people and whilst they can never give us back what we deserve, or heal the damage they have caused innocent men.. at least there may be some small satisfaction in knowing the truth finally came out.

Both the Herald Sun and Australian newspapers make a great deal about the role of Australian Sports Commission Chairman John Wylie but that fact has been on the public record since September 3, 2013 when the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age newspapers outlined his involvement.

Found this paragraph from Andy D' letter to the clubs interesting.
Happy to discredit News Limited, and pay credit to Fairfax at the same time.

Why wouldn't he? If I got a 10 month long blow job from someone I'd sure as hell give them credit for it. Maybe even a massage.

Possibly, but Vlad seems to have reacted a bit more than you would expect if it was really nothing.

the story may grow legs but Vlad was fine answering questions today. it was a door stop interview

Whilst I agree I doubt the leaks are coming from us or the AFL, it is hardly nothing.

The sun clearly has the document which exposes, and presents the detail of the coercion that was going on. It is actually very big news, and you can tell Vlad is taking this extremely seriously.

The Sun having documented evidence which outlines Hird being offered a plush Oxford course in return for dropping a court case & offers of "no player sanctions'' and "no double jeopardy'' in relation to the Asada investigation is hardly anything to be scoffed at.

This alone puts many positions are risk, and in fact puts a massive question mark on the whole 'investigation'.

I am sorry if I missed other outlets claiming to have documentation outlining this detail in the past.

i an not saying that it may not become serious, but its simple to say it was leaked by EFC or anyone acting on their behalf. It's simply a matter of The Hun spending resources on further investigations, and this was also going to happen. And its no coincidence that the lead journalists are Michael Warner, Mark Robinson and Chip le Grand.

The Wylie intervention was reported by Roy Masters at the time. Hird studying overseas was tweeted by cerebus.

The Wylie intervention was reported by Roy Masters at the time. Hird studying overseas was tweeted by cerebus.

It's not that stuff that is new, it's the details of who was paying for what, the offers to Hird and the players etc that is new. It sounds like the Hun got their hands on an entire email conversation between Little and Fitzpatrick with Wylie as a go between. This does not sound like someone just joining the dots, or they would have made the connections ages ago.

That's true - It was reported by Roy Masters - The issue is that people won't read Master's articles because they mistakenly think of him as an AFL basher.

What The Hun has done is go into a great deal of detail about the role of John Wylie - And there is no coincidence that Wylie and Masters worked together at The Australian Sports Commission.

This story is so scandalous, its amazing how little I care, or have any opinion...

It's not that stuff that is new, it's the details of who was paying for what, the offers to Hird and the players etc that is new. It sounds like the Hun got their hands on an entire email conversation between Little and Fitzpatrick with Wylie as a go between. This does not sound like someone just joining the dots, or they would have made the connections ages ago.

I wrote in my first post today, that it wasn't new news, but a case of The HUN, and The Australian throwing investigative resources at the case.

It's no coincidence that the articles have Michael Warner, Mark Robinson and Chip Le Grand as the writers.

And there is a link between John Wylie and Roy Masters.

There are several agendas at play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote in my first post today, that it wasn't new news, but a case of The HUN, and The Australian throwing investigative resources at the case.

It's no coincidence that the articles have Michael Warner, Mark Robinson and Chip Le Grand as the writers.

And there is a link between John Wylie and Roy Masters.

There are several agendas at play.

You could have written it on the moon and it wouldn't make it true. This is the first time these details have been made public, therefor it is news. Unless you think the Hun would sit on a pile of email conversations for weeks running the risk of The Age finding and publishing them first. I'm not saying that News ltd hasn't been throwing money trying to find a new angle but where do you think details of a secret conversation between Little, Wylie and Fitzpatrick could have come from if not from one of them? Is it a coincidence that three footy journalists from News Ltd break a big footy story together? Not really.

You could have written it on the moon and it wouldn't make it true. This is the first time these details have been made public, therefor it is news. Unless you think the Hun would sit on a pile of email conversations for weeks running the risk of The Age finding and publishing them first. I'm not saying that News ltd hasn't been throwing money trying to find a new angle but where do you think details of a secret conversation between Little, Wylie and Fitzpatrick could have come from if not from one of them? Is it a coincidence that three footy journalists from News Ltd break a big footy story together? Not really.
There is not a hope in hell that the Age would report this if they had the emails. They won't bite the hand that feeds them.

AUSTRALIAN Sports Anti-Doping Authority investigators have been accused of "celebrating" the resignation of Essendon chief executive Ian Robson.
A club psychologist says he witnessed the "highly unprofessional and concerning" behaviour during ASADA interview sessions with Essendon's players at Etihad Stadium on May 23.
Jonah Oliver's official complaint is detailed in an email sent to club chiefs seen by the Herald Sun.
"Today ... I witnessed behaviour from two ASADA investigators that concerned me," the Oliver email says.
"I was in the corridor ... when the interview door flung open and a tall gentleman said words to the effect 'have you heard the news, Ian Robson is resigning at midday!' At that time a second person ... said words to the effect 'that's the first one'. While it is hard to convey intonation and meaning, it was clear that both ASADA staff were excited by the news."

Oliver said he was disgusted by the incident and felt compelled to report it.
"The reason for the email is that it concerned me that people involved in the investigation may not be simply in the pursuit of truth, free from any agendas. I appreciate that I am inferring things here, and may be emotionally involved in the case.
"However, I feel their words and emotional affect appeared highly unprofessional and concerning. In lay terms it felt like they were celebrating Ian's resignation, rather than merely conveying the news of his impending resignation."
Robson has since taken up the post as chief executive of Melbourne Victory.
ASADA did not respond to questions.

ASADA's joint investigation into Essendon with the AFL began in February but appears no closer to a resolution.
An interim report was handed to the AFL in August but made no findings or recommendations.
More than 110 witnesses have so far been interviewed and over 13,000 documents gathered.
Despite new powers compelling Stephen Dank to speak to ASADA investigators, the sports scientist at the centre of the Bombers drugs probe is yet to be questioned.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...obsons-departure/story-fni5f6kv-1226775406653

If true, what a bunch of flogs

As Rines said earlier the skeleton of the story has been previously been printed, but now the flesh is being added.

I strong suggest that the none of this came from Wylie, Little or Fitzpatrick. It's rare that secrets are kept in-house - After all Master wrote about Wylie's involvement back in August.

Robbo unleashing hell and embarrassing anything Caro and her cronies put together
FORMER Essendon chairman David Evans asked James Hird to withhold information from anti-doping investigators about conversations the club boss had with AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, it is claimed.
The Herald Sun has obtained contemporaneous notes by a third party, detailing an alleged telephone call between Evans and Hird on July 24.
In it, Evans agreed to previously telling Hird "you can speak to them (Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority) about anything but don't tell them what Andrew told me''.
Hird testified to ASADA in April Demetriou had told Evans Essendon was the club being investigated over the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs - before that information became public.
Demetriou had received an advanced briefing from the Australian Crime Commission. But he said he was never told Essendon was the AFL club.
According to the file notes of the July 24 conversation, Hird says to Evans: "Hi mate. You have to tell the truth. I am a very good friend of yours, you must tell the truth.
"You will get caught out on this. In my office you said to me: 'You can speak to them about anything but don't tell them what Andrew told me'.''

The notes detail that Evans replied: "I know I said this. But I pushed AD very hard. I read his body language on which club it was. I didn't say AD said anything.''
Hird said: "AD said to you it was Essendon and we have to come forward. Why did you say to me that night that AD said it was Essendon, it was us?'' It appears Evans did not respond to that question. But Evans has since said Demetriou had not told him anything.
The Herald Sun can also reveal Evans was recalled by ASADA to give evidence on April 17 - a day after Hird's testimony.
Hird told ASADA he had been present at Evans's Hawthorn home on the night of Monday, February 4, for crisis talks with other club figures when Evans received a phone call from Demetriou.
Hird said he had earlier received a phone call from Evans saying the club was in trouble, the AFL believed players had taken performance-enhancing drugs, and he needed to come over to his (Evans's) home.
Hird claimed to ASADA that at Evans's house, the Bombers boss said he had been told by Demetriou.
Hird alleged when he asked what proof there was, Evans said Demetriou told him there was a report coming out and he had seen it.
Hird claimed Evans then took a call from Demetriou, before telling the room "he's definitely saying we've taken them''.
When Evans, who had given evidence to ASADA on February 15, was recalled, he told investigators the ACC report had not been mentioned before the club "self-reported".
Asked for comment last night, the AFL referred to an ACC statement on July 25 stating it had no information to support assertions of a leak.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ns-to-tell-truth/story-e6frf3e3-1226775397205

And another one...

DAVID Evans has some explaining to do.
Witness accounts suggest Evans, the Essendon chairman who quit on July 27, did not tell the full story in his version of events surrounding the club's "self-reporting" its 2011-12 supplements program to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency.
Three months after the Bombers were booted from the 2013 finals, there are new claims surrounding the role of Evans and his long-time family friend Andrew Demetriou in the Dons saga.
Evans has strongly denied Demetriou tipped him off that Essendon was set to be named by the Australian Crime Commission in its drugs in sport investigation.
Demetriou, too, has been emphatic in his denials.
It all stemmed from the infamous "Night of Crisis" meeting at Evans' home on February 4 - Hird's birthday, and the night before the Bombers self-reported to ASADA and the AFL.
Evans summoned Hird, who was celebrating with his family, club doctor Bruce Reid, chief executive Ian Robson and head of football Danny Corcoran to his home.

Two people present testified to ASADA that Evans and Demetriou spoke by phone during the gathering, and Evans then told the group that Demetriou had said Essendon players had taken performance-enhancing drugs.
Evans and Demetriou denied the allegation; another has no recollection of the conversation; while the fourth man has refused to comment to the Herald Sun.
Initially, Evans told the Herald Sun he could not recall the telephone conversation, before changing his mind. But more about that later.

The next day, February 5, Essendon "self-reported" and asked to be investigated by ASADA.
By then, several Essendon officials were aware of the ACC investigation, which was outlined in a press conference on February 7 in Canberra.
On the morning of February 5, Robson gathered all staff at Windy Hill and told them words to the effect: "Our part is just a small part of a much bigger investigation."
What was he talking about?
As Evans worked closely with the AFL, and the players and staff prepared for interviews with ASADA, Evans allegedly implored Hird to tell the truth - but not all of it.
In July, that comment was allegedly repeated. A third party, who made notes, stated Evans said in part: "I know I said this. But I pushed AD very hard. I read his body language on which club it was."
Sources have also told the Herald Sun that in days leading to the Round 3 game between Essendon and Fremantle in early April, Evans allegedly told Hird not to incriminate him.
On the day of the Dockers game, Demetriou told 3AW standing down was an "option he (Hird) would have to consider".
The AFL chief executive added: "I don't want to go further than that because as you know, I'm privy to information."
Hird had yet to talk to ASADA, but in the week of the Fremantle game, he was being hounded to step down. Essendon lawyer Tony Hargreaves and Essendon crisis manager Elizabeth Lukin had both suggested to Hird that he should consider standing down.
It was also suggested a special AFL Commission meeting be convened to stand down Hird on the day of the Dockers clash.
It's understood that was aborted, as it would be seen to deny Hird natural justice.
Little wonder Hird rejoiced after beating the Dockers.
Hird was finally interviewed by ASADA and the AFL on April 16.
It's understood Hird told investigators his version of what was said on the "Night of Crisis".
On the day Hird was being grilled by ASADA and AFL investigators, the Herald Sun had a meeting with Evans at his East Melbourne office.
At that meeting, Evans denied Demetriou - who had been briefed by the ACC on January 31, five days before the Bombers self-reported - had told him Essendon was the club taking performance-enhancing drugs.
"No, that did not happen," Evans said.
Evans said he had done some investigating of his own, which was later revealed to include a visit to Reid's home on February 3, his alleged discovery of player consent forms at the club (which has been denied by others at the club); and talks with Hird and Demetriou on February 4, which had prompted him to self-report.
About 7pm on April 17, Demetriou contacted the Herald Sun and emphatically denied the AFL and he had played a role in the lead-up to Essendon self-reporting.
Two months later the Herald Sun learned of testimony to ASADA, which included an account of Evans speaking to Demetriou at his home, and Demetriou confirming Essendon was the club in strife. Again, Evans and Demetriou denied any tip-off.
On the morning of July 24, Evans was told the Herald Sun was running a version of events that allegedly occurred at his home on February 4.
Amid denials, Evans said he could not recall the telephone conversation with Demetriou.
The next day, July 25, the Herald Sun detailed the "Night of Crisis''.
Hird's response before a training session in St Kilda was: "I know I've told truth to ASADA and I know other people have as well, so the truth will come out over time.''
On July 26, the Herald Sun detailed the breakdown in the long-term relationship between Hird and Evans under the headline "The big split".
Despite a hurried hug in the rooms before the Hawthorn game at Etihad Stadium that night, the question was whether the pair could continue to work together.
Coincidentally, and amid concerns from Bombers officials about Evans's state of mind, Evans talked to the players before the game - a rare moment for a chairman. Hird permitted him.
After the game, Evans broke down in the changerooms and needed medical attention.
He resigned as chairman the next day.
It's understood the pair have barely seen each other since, and it's believed that at the Essendon best-and-fairest function in early October they did not speak.
Indeed, Evans hasn't spoken publicly since resigning, which surely needs to change.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ns-must-tell-all/story-e6frf3e3-1226775403631

Paints Evans in a very bad light if indeed he told Hird to not tell ASADA about the phone call

This was always going to happen. And these two articles are full of new information.

Vlad will do well to survive this !

It will be an interesting ride, but not as bumpy, as in the past.

So if the club is paying Hird his salary, would that not mean we'll be sanctioned again? On the night the penalties were handed down I'm pretty sure that they did say Hird would be suspended for 12 months without pay. I'm confused.

Don't get how the tip off makes any difference. Evans thrown under the bus again.

The tip off is a non issue - Fairfax was circling for months - Anyone involved with the ACC could have tipped off an Essendon official, it could even have been a coterie member who got the tip off - Once EFC got the tip off, Efc contact the AFL - Vlad doesn't need to give an answer - it's easily worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back