No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any implications for the NAB Cup team line up with the withdrawal from any High Court proceedings?

Not sure if serious.
Deadly serious.

If we wanted to keep legal pressure on the AFL, Vlad, Gill an dthe corruption aspect - this was where it was going to be maintained.

The remaining tribunal means nothing but jack s**t.

Unless Hird is going to pursue action off his own bat, away from the game... then the AFL wins again, in this case.

That is why I'm gutted. Another case of an association twiddling and fiddling - for personal benefits. The AFL could now be known as 'Little FIFA' from here on in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumour from someone who claims to have an inside source that 28 players will be handed bans. 6 will not. ASADA will appeal the 6 players who did not get bans and Essendon will appeal for the 28 players who did get bans
so if I were to tell someone about this I would say "someone I don't know posted something on the internet about something someone told him about something someone else told them that indicates that they already know what decision the tribunal is going to make".

And if the tribunal have already made their decision I doubt they would leak it and then sit around and wait weeks until delivering their judgment.

From memory, the option of voluntary suspensions was discussed at the time - I think it was mentioned in a newspaper article or two - but no-one's officially said anything about whether players took up the option or not.

It would be plausible that ASADA are not aware. Only AFL and players involved know?

Deadly serious.

If we wanted to keep legal pressure on the AFL, Vlad, Gill an dthe corruption aspect - this was where it was going to be maintained.

Unless Hird is going to pursue action off his own bat, away from the game... then the AFL wins again, in this case.

That is why I'm gutted. Another case of an association twiddling and fiddling - for personal benefits. The AFL could now be known as 'Little FIFA' from here on in.

When the tribunal decisions are done and dusted there is the possibility of defamation lawsuits.

It would be plausible that ASADA are not aware. Only AFL and players involved know?
I'm not sure.

The AFL's anti-doping code - 14.7 (d) - says:

A copy of the Player’s voluntary acceptance of a Provisional Suspension shall be provided promptly to each party entitled to receive notice of a potential Anti-Doping Rule Violation under the Code.
I haven't been able to find out exactly who is "entitled to receive notice of a potential Anti-Doping Rule Violation", but I would have guessed that this would include ASADA.

I'm not sure.

The AFL's anti-doping code - 14.7 (d) - says:

I haven't been able to find out exactly who is "entitled to receive notice of a potential Anti-Doping Rule Violation", but I would have guessed that this would include ASADA.

That relates to acceptance of provisional suspension as a result of infraction notice. Voluntary suspension prior to provisional suspension may be different? Hard to know

Deadly serious.

Wouldn't say I was gutted but I had no problem with it going further. Listening to Hird, it is not a decision he has taken lightly. If what happened is interviews done in good faith are being used to construe an admission of guilt, it's wrong and Hird and the club know it. However, as Hird says, the job is to win games of football. And they'll just have to put trust in the tribunal giving a fair judgement.

That relates to acceptance of provisional suspension as a result of infraction notice. Voluntary suspension prior to provisional suspension may be different? Hard to know
I don't think the bit in bold is correct - you can't 'voluntarily' accept a provisional suspension imposed as a result of an infraction notice. In that situation, there's an automatic mandatory suspension (unless waived by the AFL Commission) - you don't get to voluntarily do anything.

Put another way, to be "voluntary", it has to be done before infraction notices are issued. After infraction notices are issued, it becomes "involuntary".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back