No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glasses or not ... I don't care! BANG. Oops dropped into the infighting. Grow up and get to the facts. They're limited, so don't put the house on it mate.

Doss, I'm posting in response to the detailed responses. I rate them and appreciate the opinions, but hold my stance on what we know...thus keep it simple. If James is looking, " I love yoU mate!" OUR CLUB should be given FAR more credence! Paul Little...net worth... says a lot about the man. It's SERIOUS if people haven't noticed...

actually confirmed there's more going on. Imagine the work behind the scenes...look at us...imagine them!!!o_O

You.... You're..... You're a strange hombre......

You.... You're..... You're a strange hombre......
Yeah, fair enough. Just reading it as it is. Encouraging patience for a week or two...and the Prosecutor is intriguing. What's his direction/mantra? Jade...who is he? One of us?

Yeah, fair enough. Just reading it as it is. Encouraging patience for a week or two...and the Prosecutor is intriguing. What's his direction/mantra? Jade...who is he? One of us?
Yes, he is one of us. We're a broad church here and some of our views are going to differ quite widely.

No need to ask anymore.

Yes, he is one of us. We're a broad church here and some of our views are going to differ quite widely.

No need to ask anymore.
Thanks. Just wanted to confirm that. I respect Essendon people. Just got a bit twisted and DEFENSIVE. :rolleyes: AngryCat.jpg

He? How many guys you know have Robbie Williams avatars?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go ask bomber, afterall he's the one that said he'd be happy to have hird in the box but they buckled to the media backlash.

Do you think Bomber will tell the truth to the media ?

Of course not.

The argument that you're inferring here is so frustrating, and you're not the only one. The whole 'if it was Knights he would have been gone' argument is s**t. He probably would have been sacked, but that would not have made it any more right, especially when we still don't know the truth.

Hird IS a legend but all that is affording him is the opportunity to do his 'time' and (hopefully) move on, something that anyone in his position should be allowed. It's actually an indictment on society and the media that Hird is an exception and not the rule. Natural justice, not available to anyone famous or rich... Tall poppy syndrome alive and well.

Ah - I've never mentioned Knights - You are deflecting.

Oh, I dunno, it's pretty hard to find an alternative PR strategy to the one that worked so well to ours.

Oh, wait, no it isn't.

How about this?

-Aggressively pursue legal action against all slander and libel that is found. Papers with Jake Melksham's name on them should have been filed against Gerard Healy on February 6, 2013. Probably pick a couple of scapegoats among the general public, from sites like this, from Twitter, from SEN talkback. Put a couple of heads on spikes and watch everyone else back right off.

-Aggressively leak our side of the story to News Ltd, have statements almost daily refuting claims leveled at the club, have Justin Rodski almost with a permanent TV slot. Deny until you die. If anything was actually to be proven against the club, a statement denying it would be the least of our worries. The AOD story Whateley ran with in about September should have been leaked in April or whenever it was that the AOD story broke. Dank's correspondence about "thymosin" which referred to the properties of thymomodulin should have been pushed much more aggressively and much sooner than they were.

Suddenly you have a situation where one side of the story is less vehemently pushed due to the need to actually back up a position to the extent that it cannot be construed as libelous, and the other side of the story is also being aggressively promoted. The public can therefore make their mind up based on two sides of the story, not have one side forcibly shoved down their throats until it became the perceived truth while the other side just copped it.

The PR stance is indefensible. It significantly weakened our position when it came to the fisting we copped in August, it continues to weaken our position among the general public, and it will continue to do untold damage in years to come. How many kids who have been bullied at Auskick because they wear a red sash will end up supporting Hawthorn or someone else?

To continue defending it is absolutely remarkable, and significantly weakens any other position you hold on the issue. Defend the conception of it, fine, because that can be defended. To defend its continuation past the point that it became apparent that it was doing more damage than other PR stances is just, well, I'm actually lost for words here.

Sifting through the ridiculous straw men and ad hominems here (seriously, perjoratives like "Saint Hird" and "vila [sic] in France" just make you look pathetic and petulant), there's not really a reasonable point being made.

He can and did do wrong in my eyes, but not to the extent that he has to take responsibility for things that were outside his control.

Your bullshit about him being able to defend himself if he wanted to is the kind of bullshit Hobson's choice logic that resides on the HTB. The club told him they'd prefer if he rolled over and copped something he considered unjust. If he'd refused and fought to clear his name, you and others who are insistent on finding fault with the man in everything he does would complain about him not acting in the club's interest, making it all about himself, blah blah bullshit bullshit.

What did he do to you to make you so irrationally desperate to criticise every aspect of his conduct? There are elements you can absolutely criticise, significant elements, but going beyond that like you so frequently do pushes you beyond the realm of those who have strong and legitimate gripes with his conduct into irrationality.

Cult of Hird? That's absolute bullshit, and it pretty much ends the point where I waste my ******* time reading your arguments on the issue.

Good post Ben but you missed one crucial step in the process - Say no to self-reporting.

Good post Ben but you missed one crucial step in the process - Say no to self-reporting.

Working under the "damage limitation" model of Evans' initial * up. Ideally closing up shop would have been the way to go.

I have no care what the afl wants.

From all the information I have at hand the players should escape punishment and so should hird. I'll back both whatever happens.

My essendon colors are well and truly pinned to the mast and proud of it. I'm won't be changing my opinion because of some incompetent and self serving government organization needs to justify it's existence. Or the ******* afl with its shady backroom deals.

Kelvin - Continue to live in delusional land - Whether you like it or not we need AFL endorsement for key appointments - Otherwise we RISK the AFL giving us a bad draw,taking away key fixtures, stopping grants etc,etc,etc.

To be frank,I can't see the distress in getting a new coach. A fresh start is ordered.

On Lukin, is anyone surprised that she resigned on the day that Neville Chamberlain quit as Chairman? Funny how after those two key departures we started (somewhat) acting in our own interests.

Have no time for Lukin - She should have walked when Hird refused to stand down - To have someone employed by the club who was undermining our position is a disgrace - I am trying to work out who was the worst consultant Lukin or Hanke ?

Have no time for Lukin - She should have walked when Hird refused to stand down - To have someone employed by the club who was undermining our position is a disgrace - I am trying to work out who was the worst consultant Lukin or Hanke ?

Lukin by a long, long way. Hanke was aggressive and probably overstepped the mark on a number of occasions, but at least he was working for us, not actively working against us.

Prove that the supplement program was the brainchild of Hamilton and Robson - Then I'll accept your view.
That is absolutely irrelevant. A supplement plan is LEGAL!!! So why would you not do it if you believe it could help keep your players on the park.

People are put in charge of managing something and don't do a god job. Yet it is Hird's fault. Really?

Well here we are. Who's telling the truth?

The truth is all I've wanted since this thing started and I'd prefer to listen to the club than the AFL media and their overlords

The problem is that Caro and Holmes both write that the Board is leaking against Hird - But Caro is making it up and Holmes is speaking the truth - Either both are lying or both are telling the truth!

Taylor Walker blasts Caro on twitter but agrees to be interviewed by Caro - It's a strange world.

That is absolutely irrelevant. A supplement plan is LEGAL!!! So why would you not do it if you believe it could help keep your players on the park.

People are put in charge of managing something and don't do a god job. Yet it is Hird's fault. Really?

It's not irrelevant when the club is spending money hand over fist to protect the players from suspension. The issue is not whether the program is legal - The facts are that the AFL/ASADA target tested the club in 2012 as well as sending samples to Cologne for testing - Rightly or wrongly the AFL thought EFC were cheating - And ASADA have chosen to issue Show Cause notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back