No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hird has announced he is appealing.

**** off and leave this club already you selfish prick.

EDIT: Robbo used different language on Twitter, if he does appeal, then the above is applicable.

I've just about had it with you Ogg Cat.
You're entitled to your opinion that the club should move on without Hird, but calling him a selfish prick is just too much.
At the very least you should have some empathy with his position and how much he has put up with, wrongly, in my opinion and in the opinion of most Essendon supporters.
He feels he has been wronged, legally, morally, and in a cynical and underhanded way, and he is loathe to just let it go.
He did it once already, for the good of the club, and at the request of the players.
He took the AFL charges against him and the penalties they imposed.
It achieved nothing. Not one thing.
Well, it did achieve giving legitimacy to the AFL charges and penalties, I suppose, but it didn't allow the club to put the issue behind them and move on, it didn't allow the players to start 2014 with a clean sheet. He took the wrap for reasons that proved futile.
Why should he cop it again?
OK I know you can answer that with a lot of reasons about what is good for the club going forward etc etc, but just for one moment, put yourself in his shoes, and see if you wouldn't be reluctant to repeat the dose and cop a decision, when lawyers are telling you that you could overturn it.
He is not being selfish.
I call it being true to himself. He has to live with whatever decisions he makes here, and for the rest of his life he would regret it if he didn't see this through.

I wish that would happen, I want him to stay.

I respect your view on a lot of things, what do you think should happen?

I totally agree that Hird appealing/Club not appealing is not compatible with Hird remaining as coach. It's a totally bonkers arrangement....but we had a football department boss who it seems was only allowed back into the club because Hird demanded it. We had Jobe Watson release a statement on behalf of the players that it turned out he had no hand in writing. Crazy stuff has happened before, and it'll happen again. I don't think it's very likely at all that the Club pushes Hird towards stepping down. Hird himself doing it is far more likely. (but it'd probably only be for the duration of the appeal)

I've just about had it with you Ogg Cat.
You're entitled to your opinion that the club should move on without Hird, but calling him a selfish prick is just too much.
At the very least you should have some empathy with his position and how much he has put up with, wrongly, in my opinion and in the opinion of most Essendon supporters.
He feels he has been wronged, legally, morally, and in a cynical and underhanded way, and he is loathe to just let it go.
He did it once already, for the good of the club, and at the request of the players.
He took the AFL charges against him and the penalties they imposed.
It achieved nothing. Not one thing.
Well, it did achieve giving legitimacy to the AFL charges and penalties, I suppose, but it didn't allow the club to put the issue behind them and move on, it didn't allow the players to start 2014 with a clean sheet. He took the wrap for reasons that proved futile.
Why should he cop it again?
OK I know you can answer that with a lot of reasons about what is good for the club going forward etc etc, but just for one moment, put yourself in his shoes, and see if you wouldn't be reluctant to repeat the dose and cop a decision, when lawyers are telling you that you could overturn it.
He is not being selfish.
I call it being true to himself. He has to live with whatever decisions he makes here, and for the rest of his life he would regret it if he didn't see this through.

I understand where you are coming from and not for one minute do i envy his position, but it is selfish if he does decide to appeal.

Ultimately, what does he gain out of the appeal? The players, who are the actual victims, want to move on and all this does is prevent them from doing so.

Appealing is just Hird trying to salvage some of his ego because he certainly won't get any of his reputation back or respect and the players don't want him fighting this in court for them.

It's nothing short of selfish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird appealing is not selfish. If he has been wronged then good luck. "Courageous" might be the word and if it is then courage is something he is trying to instill into his players.

No one knows the ins and outs of why he would appeal. We've fallen back to the "Its all about Hird" and "Hird is putting himself before the players" lines again. Lines we have made fun of for two years.

Good on him! Go Hirdy.

If, from what everyone says regarding an appeal, this could be wrapped up by next month, then who the * cares if he appeals? As far as I'm concerned he has every right to have this cluster* of a witch hunt exposed for exactly what it has been - A poorly handled and managed campaign in order to burn one of the game's greats so that people like Demetriou, McClachlan, Fitzpatrick etc etc can continue to line their pockets.

Seriously, nobody here would just bow down because others thought they should, if they legitimately believed they'd been ****ed over.

As I said earlier, if this appeal can be wrapped up well and truly before next year, then I hope he stops at nothing to bring these pricks to task.

If the club doesn't sack him, then you can assume he has their full support, which in turn means that this is all part of their strategy to win this war. Not only that, but if Hird was doing this without the players' consent, then once again, I am sure Hirdy would be sacked, so we can assume that they are for this as well.

I love the fact that he hasn't given up, and would be disappointed if Middleton's verdict was the end of it.

Hird appealing is not selfish. If he has been wronged then good luck. "Courageous" might be the word and if it is then courage is something he is trying to instill into his players.

No one knows the ins and outs of why he would appeal. We've fallen back to the "Its all about Hird" and "Hird is putting himself before the players" lines again. Lines we have made fun of for two years.

i personally dont think courageous is the word

Good on Hird for appealling if that's what he wants, he has to go to his grave with all this, hopefully he can clear his name.

He can't remain coach of Essendon though.

Wonder if this is reactionary to having just been stood down. Did someone say he's not speaking tonight?

Putting the pieces together.

This is a terrible move and if true, and of the players weren't consulted, and if this is at odds with the club, you know what, I've defended him to the hilt, but he can **** off.
He should've acted outside the wishes of the club a long time ago, and we probably wouldn't be in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back