Resource Cats on TV and radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Open Mike with Brian Cook. Wow! The first five minutes! Wow! I had no idea! For those who haven't seen it, watched his Mum take her life when he was 9!
as one that hasn't and would like too… youtube posting pls….

Go Catters

Cooky, when interviewing for the AFL CEO job:

"I said 'Tell me what your mission is, what your vision is, what your values are, what do you stand for, what are the behaviours you want other clubs to show?'...... And there was a lot of silence"
:D

That was a classic! Cooky interviewed the AFL panel about WTF they were doing.

Loved his insight that him and Costa think the same way. Character first, talent second.

And that the 2006 review was not the catalyst for all the success we had. "The players were ready".

Geez, I had no idea Cooky as a child watched his mother die
She took some pills, lay down on a couch, asked him to get a swimming trophy he had won off the shelf, held it to her chest and passed away.
Jesus poor guy :(

Anyone got a link for the Cook open Mike usual channels aren't working...

Nice watch a bit short IMO. Could have been twice as long.

Thanks AM much appreciated. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

A truly great interview.

I found his comments interesting about the team after 06 relating to the review and the 07 flag. " They were mad, hungry and ready"

I compare that to the team now and specifically last night. How many were mad, hungry and ready.

I can pick the mad ones on 2 fingers. The hungry ones are all very young and the ones that were ready, weren't really hungry based on their performance.

Based on those metrics, you can see why we will finish where we are.

Next year is time to get those mad, hungry and ready parameters closer to covering the entire playing group.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A truly great interview.

I found his comments interesting about the team after 06 relating to the review and the 07 flag. " They were mad, hungry and ready"

I compare that to the team now and specifically last night. How many were mad, hungry and ready.

I can pick the mad ones on 2 fingers. The hungry ones are all very young and the ones that were ready, weren't really hungry based on their performance.

Next year is time to get those mad, hungry and ready parameters closer to covering the entire playing group.

Go Catters

Lets hope we don't HAVE to have them angry again to get them to win a flag.
The young blokes are hungry, especially ones around in 2011 that saw others win a Flag.
They aren't ready yet however.

Lets hope we don't HAVE to have them angry again to get them to win a flag.
The young blokes are hungry, especially ones around in 2011 that saw others win a Flag.
They aren't ready yet however.

After this year and the gaps in performance, they should be angry and upset and hollow.

And a bit of angry pills - or unsociable behavior, might not go astray in the club. Im not talking about the whack but at least enforce the protection of the skip.

Go Catters

A truly great interview.

Go Catters

There's a bit of hearsay around Cookies change of mind change regarding the Norf job. That being when considering the possible move when away -and the truckload of money - he reflected on the tidy sum that great Geelong benefactor Alex Popescu left him in his Will for the role Cookie had played in the Cats renaissance. The great man would have rolled over in his grave had Cookie defected to another club which might go a way to explaining the broad reason Cookie gave for his change of mind.

Story is the great man said to Cookie while on the hallowed 'G' turf after the 2007 win that he could now die a happy man. Perhaps some of those who have been pouring out their uninformed and unconstructive bile in another thread might reflect on what being a true believer actually entails. Just sayin......

Dan Menzel is supposed to be AFL 360 tonight, to chat about his doco that will screen right after the show.

He's a Journalist? He more sounded like the guy... "RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME"... really was speaking from an SA pov

Yep and only covered the obvious SA biased options - clearly hasn't been on our PD thread and it's in-depth scenarios..

Just bumped into PD in the Leisurelink sauna..Nearly home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back