Toast Celebrating Dayne Beams becoming a Lion. Let's party like it is 2003!!! #swagger

Remove this Banner Ad

He was excellent at Collingwood as well. B&F winner in his fourth year.

Theres no way to sugarcoat it Brisbane win this hands down, Greenwood and Crisp will be good in patches and De Goey might be a star in 4-5 years, Beams will be challenging for b and f's and brownlows for the rest of his time at Brisbane.

Theres no way to sugarcoat it Brisbane win this hands down, Greenwood and Crisp will be good in patches and De Goey might be a star in 4-5 years, Beams will be challenging for b and f's and brownlows for the rest of his time at Brisbane.
You must be popular on your own board.

I see this as a win/win. Everyone got what they wanted. Anything else is just a pissing contest.

Short term win/win long term who knows. Short term Beams has slotted in nicely, playing good footy and is improving Brisbane's midfield. Short term Crips and DeGoey have played important roles in Collingwood's structure, they have kicked goals, both have been defensively strong and are young improving players.

I didn't think it was one of his better games but that shows how consistent he's been this season.

He certainly is.
It is like we have Blacky with tatts.
Love him.he is poetry in motion. Worth every cent.

I made the Blacky comparison tonight as well, some of his handballing in tight is like witchcraft. Amazing.

Yeah I think it can be concluded it is a genuine win/ win.

Beams is an out and out star, gets to so many contests, things slow down when he gets the ball and he always hits a target, never plays a bad game - genuine, unmistakable.. 'A grader' in every single sense.

Pies get a win with Crisp, Greenwood and de'goey. No single one of those players will ever be a Dayne Beams, but as a combo, with where the list is at, it was the perfect trade, I think those 3 will serve the pies better than say... had we swapped rocky for Beams.

My Mate who is a mad pies man was saying on the W/E, "at first I was spewing, but I don't know now, it feels like we came out fine", me as a Lions fan was happy as Larry with Beams. How good trades should work.
Even though I agree that it is a win-win, that comment is at best silly, IMO plain stupid. De-Goey is a top 5 pick in his first year. Is he as good as Beams at the moment? Of course not, though he is progressing well and in time who knows. But to just make a statement like that, not only shows a lack of common sense but also a lack of credibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though I agree that it is a win-win, that comment is at best silly, IMO plain stupid. De-Goey is a top 5 pick in his first year. Is he as good as Beams at the moment? Of course not, though he is progressing well and in time who knows. But to just make a statement like that, not only shows a lack of common sense but also a lack of credibility.
De-Goey is the worst player to have ever played the game.:thumbsu:

On balance, I think Jordan De Goey probably won't have the same impact on human society as Charlemagne or Mahatma Gandhi, but he was a top five draft pick, so I'd better make sure not to make a definitive statement. Otherwise I could be accused of having no credibility.

On balance, I think Jordan De Goey probably won't have the same impact on human society as Charlemagne or Mahatma Gandhi, but he was a top five draft pick, so I'd better make sure not to make a definitive statement. Otherwise I could be accused of having no credibility.

One thing is certain, he's no Tambling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back