Prediction CE's The final H&A month ahead - Port, Dogs, Saints, Suns, Eagles

How many do we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It wont be easy because all the teams we play except wce are chasing 8th spot so their seasons are on the line and they will throw everything at us plus we will be resting and managing players. I think we will win the three games at home and drop one of the two on the road, but 4-1 should get us top 2.
But on the flip side, Port and Suns will be under extreme pressure to win, and could tighten up.

When have we ever done right by our players in milestone matches? I'm still bitter about the stinker we produced for Corey Enright's 300th.
Disgusting performance. Still makes me angry.

When have we ever done right by our players in milestone matches? I'm still bitter about the stinker we produced for Corey Enright's 300th.
I reckon we win basically all of them, that one is an outlier. Easy to get worked up about 1 and forgot about the other 10 that were good.

Selwood's record breaking game earlier this year? Colossal last quarter effort to steamroll the Pies. There's been one or two others this year I think too. (But maybe we just put that down to being in good form).

P.S. We also did Franklin a solid back in Round 2.

I get the feeling the Doggos will knock us off; we'll be a little bit flat coming back from Adelaide and their midfielders will get on top.

Will be Selwood's 350th (unless he's rested this week), can't see us dropping it, similar to how Pies got over the line in Pendlebury's 350th on the weekend.

Run home has opened up for us , 3 home games plus Dogs/Saints looking shaky - Eagles will just want to start their piss up....
Interstate games are the danger - think we will drop one of them.
Challenge will be to bring the fabulous form and momentum we now have into September.

Really big opportunity to get a final at the G (where we are playing quite well) against Freo, Brisbane or Sydney. Win that and there's a solid chance a prelim at the G would follow against one of the other three.

Getting that "home" final this year is crucial. Last year a fired up Dees snatched it from us at the death. I don't see the boys making the same mistake against lesser opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t one of you point out that we were expected to finish on-top of the ladder based on the squiggle and how it valued performances/form?

That prediction was 3-4 weeks ago I think.

Didn’t one of you point out that we were expected to finish on-top of the ladder based on the squiggle and how it valued performances/form?

That prediction was 3-4 weeks ago I think.
Might not have been me but I've been doing Squiggle simulations last few weeks a whole bunch of times - always Geelong on top. Always Dees second. Then raffle off two of Brisbane, Freo and Sydney to be the away team in week 1 qualifying finals.

Does this influence people's thinking

On the flip side of the above

No.

Because I said after the Hawthorn loss that we had a massively easy run home and got laughed at.

season 3 skinner GIF

This is the start of a testing run of games against all the teams vying for Richmond's spot in the eight—Port, the Scraggers, StKilda, and Gold Coast. Richmond's inability to win has kept the door open so that each match will be a 'final' for our opponent. Tonight will be tough. Port are playing for their season on their home ground, and they are a capable team. We might drop this one but win the other three, two of which are on our cheat ground. The final game against West Coast should be a formality. I guess four wins will make for a top 2 finish. Three wins, and we likely finish 3-4th.

No.

Because I said after the Hawthorn loss that we had a massively easy run home and got laughed at.

season 3 skinner GIF

Sometimes we tend to lose more to average sides (see hawks and st kilda)than we lose to top sides though.

This is the start of a testing run of games against all the teams vying for Richmond's spot in the eight—Port, the Scraggers, StKilda, and Gold Coast. Richmond's inability to win has kept the door open so that each match will be a 'final' for our opponent. Tonight will be tough. Port are playing for their season on their home ground, and they are a capable team. We might drop this one but win the other three, two of which are on our cheat ground. The final game against West Coast should be a formality. I guess four wins will make for a top 2 finish. Three wins, and we likely finish 3-4th.

Agree.
Win all 5 and we finish top for sure.
Win 4 and we should be 2nd at worst (freo or melb will lose at least one game and i dont think brisbane will win all 4).

Win 3 and we probably finish 3rd or 4th. Could theoretically finish 5th with 64 points but unlikely as collingwood would have to run the table from here (given their poor %) and thats unlikely with their draw.

But 3rd or 4th could see us playing at the gabba or optus in week one which is why top 2 and and mcg final is critical for us.

Agree.
Win all 5 and we finish top for sure.
Win 4 and we should be 2nd at worst (freo or melb will lose at least one game and i dont think brisbane will win all 4).

Win 3 and we probably finish 3rd or 4th. Could theoretically finish 5th with 64 points but unlikely as collingwood would have to run the table from here (given their poor %) and thats unlikely with their draw.

But 3rd or 4th could see us playing at the gabba or optus in week one which is why top 2 and and mcg final is critical for us.
Avoiding interstate travel in week 1 is a priority. I think the best-case scenario is a week one final against Brisbane on the MCG, or possibly Collingwood bluffs their way into the four, and we get them. Melbourne has a tough run home and isn't in great form. They may finish 3-4th. So, there is a universe where we are 'rewarded' with a home qualifying final at their home ground.

Given our current form, we should get the four wins for the top 2.

Back