Champions Trophy Tournament 2017, 1-18 June.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not have all 4 and have Maxwell bowl more?

The only thing is...is Maxwell's bowling test quality? Plus we can't have Smith getting done for over rates, our batting is rubbish enough without taking our only good bat out!

You can't play all 4 and a part time spinner. Firstly it is still highly unlikely that all 4 will be match fit at the same time and secondly you need to play a front line spinner in Australia. The times we have gone 4 quicks hete in recent times has not worked well
Sure, all 4 won't be fit all of the time. And I'd be comfortable going into most matches sans Lyon. Happy either way.

LOL, one has done it at test level for 2+ years across all conditions. Pattinson might be more talented so to speak, but you are off with the fairies thinking he's first picked over Hazelwood. One has done it for 12+ months, one barely stays on the park for a series! I bet you they are wanting Cummins in the Ashes side, there was a reason he was brought back in India. They might play all 4 anyway, but there is ZERO chance Pattinson is being picked ahead of Hazelwood and Starc at a minimum.

Hazlewood has got the same amount of 4 wicket+ hauls as Pattinson with double the test matches to his names and you are pretending he has been better for longer? Please..... You are severely overrating a guy that can't swing the ball or bowl with express pace, he is an upgraded Peter Siddle not a Glenn McGrath clone.

If they don't pick Pattinson when the guy is completely out bowling guys like Stuart Broad they have rocks in their heads.

Pattinson is building nicely, should find out over the coming month of county cricket if he has enough tricks for the 1 day format but he is back to first picked for the test side for mine after 44 wickets at 14.57 in the last few months.
He is tearing the the country cricket batsmen a new one of late! Hopefully Pat Howard ist over there in England monitoring his fitness

Hazlewood has got the same amount of 4 wicket+ hauls as Pattinson with double the test matches to his names and you are pretending he has been better for longer? Please..... You are severely overrating a guy that can't swing the ball or bowl with express pace, he is an upgraded Peter Siddle not a Glenn McGrath clone.

If they don't pick Pattinson when the guy is completely out bowling guys like Stuart Broad they have rocks in their heads.

I'd rather someone who can say on the park for more than a month thanks, and Pattinson hasn't had to bowl in conditions that are unsuited yet really, Halewood has done it across all conditions. I'm taking the bloke who keeps the runs down and gets wickets thanks.

I don't think Pattinson will play in Brisbane at least. Cummins has come back in the side and done well, he deserves his spot. halewood and Starc pick themselves. I can't see them going 4 quicks in Brisbane.

I'd rather someone who can say on the park for more than a month thanks, and Pattinson hasn't had to bowl in conditions that are unsuited yet really, Halewood has done it across all conditions. I'm taking the bloke who keeps the runs down and gets wickets thanks.

I don't think Pattinson will play in Brisbane at least. Cummins has come back in the side and done well, he deserves his spot. halewood and Starc pick themselves. I can't see them going 4 quicks in Brisbane.

You don't deserve a test spot with only a handful of tests. Hazlewood and Starc sure they have several years of good performance behind them now but Pattinson should have been ahead of Cummins if fit and his strong first class performance should see him remain in front.

You don't deserve a test spot with only a handful of tests. Hazlewood and Starc sure they have several years of good performance behind them now but Pattinson should have been ahead of Cummins if fit and his strong first class performance should see him remain in front.

It's a gut feeling that they want Cummins in the side badly. He did well in India too. They might play all 4 anyway

Your 1st line is a walking contradiction, Cummings has been missing longer then Pattinson when it comes to injuries in recent times and you want him in the first test. For the record his good form of 8 wickets @ 30.25 isn't any better then Pattinson's 9 @ 27.77 in india.

Another point, in countries where Hazlewood and Pattinson have both bowled its 3-2 pattinson's way as far as averages go, limited sample size I know but hardly fits your picture of hazlewood being superior in foreign conditions.

If Patto is still fit come the first ashes test it will have been 12 months of cricket without injury, not really a point worth mentioning if it gets to that stage.

Lynny potentially opening the door to play as an opening batsman.

Unlikely but has done well doing so in IPL, he'd bat well anywhere tbh though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynny potentially opening the door to play as an opening batsman.

Unlikely but has done well doing so in IPL, he'd bat well anywhere tbh though.

Zero chance. Already have too many openers. Warner, Finch, Head...how many blokes do you want that open? I'd rather Lynn come in after 30-35 overs where there are less spinners on and he can belt the quicks in the last 10.

Zero chance. Already have too many openers. Warner, Finch, Head...how many blokes do you want that open? I'd rather Lynn come in after 30-35 overs where there are less spinners on and he can belt the quicks in the last 10.
Head will likely bat middle order, while Finch was very lucky to be in the squad.

Unlikely but still

I'd go with.

D.Warner
T.Head
S.Smith
C.Lynn
G.Maxwell
M.Stoinis
M.Wade
P.Cummins
M.Starc
A.Zampa
J.Hazlewood

The hardest choice for me was picking out of Cummins & Hastings for the number 8 spot.
Can't go wrong either way both players are quality.

While Lynn & Stoinis are still a little bit unknown in our ODI outfit i feel if given a good run they will both perform well. Zampa is a very good bowler & i hope he plays.

I'm tipping an Australia vs South Africa final.

Well he's obviously not first picked, he'd be in the last couple.

Either way, his death bowling is very valuable and superior to Cummins.

Him and Starc would be the first bowlers picked in my side, not even close.

I'd go with.

D.Warner
T.Head
S.Smith
C.Lynn
G.Maxwell
M.Stoinis
M.Wade
P.Cummins
M.Starc
A.Zampa
J.Hazlewood

The hardest choice for me was picking out of Cummins & Hastings for the number 8 spot.
Can't go wrong either way both players are quality.

While Lynn & Stoinis are still a little bit unknown in our ODI outfit i feel if given a good run they will both perform well. Zampa is a very good bowler & i hope he plays.

I'm tipping an Australia vs South Africa final.

fair side - hoping they do well.

quite a difficult job to pick the best XI with finch, henriques, pattinson and hastings left out of the above side.

I like the above side, however finch may well get the nod early as he has proven himself in this arena. his downfall isl he converts a score into a ton every 6 or 7 odi's and goes missing for the others and can be inconsistent.

Warner
Finch
Smith
Lynn
Head
Maxwell
Wade
Cummins
Pattinson / Zampa
Starc
Hazelwood

Maxy and Head to bowl there spinners, maybe finch if we get real desperate, the spinner isnt going to have as much impact over in England , the Pace will do all the damage. If we do get a spinning deck then Zampa plays for Pattinson.

Him and Starc would be the first bowlers picked in my side, not even close.
Well i'm pretty sure it is going to be a close call.
Starc & Hazlewood will open the bowling and fair enough too being a world cup winning opening pair.
I also think it's important to have a frontline spinner in the team so Zampa plays.
So for mine it's between Cummins, Hastings & Pattinson for the number 8 spot.
I could see the selectors going for Cummins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back