Australian Women v South African Women Jan 27-Feb 18 2024, 3 T20s, 3 ODIS and 1 Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Garth is only bowling around 110-112kph but the late swing away and the occasional seamer into the right hander is making her almost impossible to defend, but it may also mean the ball is doing too much which is why she is not getting the wickets.

EDIT: Although she just got her second. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This looks more like a practice match for Australia rather than a test match, South Africa look completely out of their depth.

This isn't a great advert for women's test matches but there aren't many teams that could compete with Australia in a test match here.

Invers is going to be the Mostyn Evans of WA cricket renovations, downgraded from having grandstand named after him to a small tribute somewhere in a renovated oval.

The old Inverarity stand wasn't great, it was outdated and didn't even face the ground properly so I'm not surprised they knocked it down.

This looks more like a practice match for Australia rather than a test match, South Africa look completely out of their depth.

This isn't a great advert for women's test matches but there aren't many teams that could compete with Australia in a test match here.

The old Inverarity stand wasn't great, it was outdated and didn't even face the ground properly so I'm not surprised they knocked it
Dennis Lillee summed up the WACA best when after one of it's renos he described it as turning a white elephant into a white elephant.

The old Inverarity stand wasn't great, it was outdated and didn't even face the ground properly so I'm not surprised they knocked it down.
The phrase you're looking for is death trap. I worked behind the bar up there for a couple of years - genuinely surprised it didn't fall down all by itself.

Nothing embarrassing or unnecessary about it, we kept them out on the field during the hottest part of the day and just let them slowly roast.

It's done all the time in the men's game, it was brilliant captaincy from Healy.
For what purpose? The game was over at least 200 runs before.

Horrendous stuff. Just cruel.

For what purpose? The game was over at least 200 runs before.

Horrendous stuff. Just cruel.
It’s Cricket. It’s not life or death, it’s more important than that. 😊

Last edited:
Personally I find that embarrassing from us, keeping them out there that long. Totally unnecessary.

it's a sticky situation to be in when you're playing a poor team. you can bat forever and it looks mean and pointless, or you can declare before you've made as much runs as you possibly can and look conceited. there was a few grumbles when ricky ponting would declare before making 500. this match could be one of them?

nathan hauritz with a very nice 75 as nightwatchman. declared while snorks, haddin and johnson were still in the shed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back