Australian Women v West Indies Women (3 T20s and 3 ODIs) Oct 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with Matthews as player of the series, but not sure she was player of the match today

Brown's 3 wickets turned the match back in Australia's favour, while McGrath set us up with bat in hand

How do you not launch those juicy full tosses haha

I know the exact deliveries you’re referring to even four days later - as a Windies fan I was sweating on them going for more than a single or so.

I think it needs to be remembered that as far as women’s cricket has come, they still don’t have the capability to just muscle the ball around. They hit the ball a fair journey don’t get me wrong, but a lot of the time when you see a bloke take a waist high full toss and smash it over mid wicket, it’s right at the narrow end of the ‘timing scale’ in cricket - ie. the straight drive when the ball is in the spot for it, is a shot that anyone can hit for four if they just time it remotely well. Those full bungers it doesn’t matter how well most people time them, they have to hope their strength gets them the distance (didn’t help that those shots the other night had absolutely zero timing anyway)

Is the third ODI on Saturday or Sunday? Cricket Australia app has it as Saturday, cricinfo has it as Sunday.. the first post in this thread also has it as Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sense the weather will have a bit to play for the rest of this game in Melbourne.
Meg Lanning 72 no for Victoria batting at No.3 today who were all out for 167 a good sign for Australian Womens cricket.Surprised cricket has started at Junction Oval as has been a very wet morning in the eastern parts of Melbourne,perhaps less at St.Kilda.

Meg Lanning 72 no for Victoria batting at No.3 today who were all out for 167 a good sign for Australian Womens cricket.Surprised cricket has started at Junction Oval as has been a very wet morning in the eastern parts of Melbourne,perhaps less at St.Kilda.
Id be surprised if they didnt come off again looking at that forecast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back