Australian Women v West Indies Women (3 T20s and 3 ODIs) Oct 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the field placements have been too bad tonight, but the fielding has been poor.

The bowling has been worse than all combined but the captain has to show a backbone there ask the bowlers where they wish to bowl and set a field accordingly does seem Healy is setting the field she wants not the bowler

The bowling has been worse than all combined but the captain has to show a backbone there ask the bowlers where they wish to bowl and set a field accordingly does seem Healy is setting the field she wants not the bowler
Where a bowler wants to bowl and where they actually bowl can be two very different things. I'm pretty sure Sutherland didn't suggest knee high full tosses as her delivery of choice, and I don't care how great a captain you are, you can't place a field for poor execution.

Or maybe the bowlers can learn to bowl 6 balls to their field and not just 2 or 3 balls each over

Where a bowler wants to bowl and where they actually bowl can be two very different things. I'm pretty sure Sutherland didn't suggest knee high full tosses as her delivery of choice, and I don't care how great a captain you are, you can't place a field for poor execution.

You can cop a poor ball that happens not over and over she should never have been bowling in the first place that’s on the captain

Great Captaincy bringing on Brown. Of course it won't be acknowledged by some.

As I said this is her role not up front and sure as anything not at the death. You can protect a poor ball easier in the middle. Use her in this role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can cop a poor ball that happens not over and over she should never have been bowling in the first place that’s on the captain
She's an allrounder, she needs to bowl, especially with Perry unable too. And she bowled well in game 1 and okay in game 2. It would be poor captaincy if she didn't give her an over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back