New Zealand v Bangladesh Dec 17-Dec 31 2023 3 ODIs & 3 T20s

Remove this Banner Ad

360_F_554781971_HZBXpVxxTwiivO1AzDdkmaMPyQFohQHM.jpg

NZ v Bang Game 2:

New Zealand (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Tim Seifert(w), Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner(c), Adam Milne, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Ben Sears

Bangladesh (Playing XI): Soumya Sarkar, Rony Talukdar(w), Najmul Hossain Shanto(c), Shamim Hossain, Towhid Hridoy, Afif Hossain, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Shoriful Islam, Rishad Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off for rain. I'm 100km up the coast from Mt Maunganui and it's been pissing down for about 2 hours. Wouldn't surprise me if they are done for the night.

Last edited:
It looks like the rain will ruin another game in NZ, at least there is a Big Bash game to watch tonight at a stadium in Melbourne with a roof.

They should probably look at building one of those, they built a rugby stadium in Dunedin with a roof but it isn't suitable for playing cricket.

It looks like the rain will ruin another game in NZ, at least there is a Big Bash game to watch tonight at a stadium in Melbourne with a roof.

They should probably look at building one of those, they built a rugby stadium in Dunedin with a roof but it isn't suitable for playing cricket.
No chance they build a covered cricket stadium in NZ. Don't get the crowds to support it.

The stadium in Melbourne is an AFL ground firstly anyway.

Last edited:
From Cricbuzz for Game 2:

20:27 Local Time, 07:27 GMT, 12:57 IST: Not raining at the moment. Might be a very faint drizzle at best. Mehidy takes his time to take some pictures with the fans. The rain radar suggests more on the way. The cut-off time for a 5-over game is 22:28, so still we have got two hours more.

It should be an easy run chase for NZ to win this game and square the series.

It looks like a pitch with something in it for the bowlers though so it may not be as easy as it looks.

Professional performance from Black Caps , impressed with Sears and Sodhi was stingy with his bowling at Bay Oval.

Santner the pick of the bowlers I thought with 4/16 off his 4 overs but all the bowlers made good contributions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back