Aussie ODI squad v West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on Spencer Johnson but I’d prefer he plays shield tbh, he could be one of the next in line for test selection

Agree on Spencer Johnson but I’d prefer he plays shield tbh, he could be one of the next in line for test selection
Overrated in the Shield. He's had one good, one bad and two okay games in FC cricket

Overrated in the Shield. He's had one good, one bad and two okay games in FC cricket
Fair but not judging him on production, he’s got the talent so I’d rather he play shield and see what he’s got. I’m guessing that’s why he’s not in the white ball sides anyway

No they aren’t, just talking him up as a potential option down the line. Playing Test cricket and succeeding off minimal Shield cricket is not a new thing either.
I've seen plenty do it and no, but it's usually by guys much better than Johnson.

I've seen plenty do it and no, but it's usually by guys much better than Johnson.
He’s played 4 FC games, hardly a sample size to be making any sweeping judgments. He’s clearly in the conversation because of his white ball form and has already played for Aus in T20s. We like our fast left arm bowlers, so naturally someone like Johnson will get attention.

He’s played 4 FC games, hardly a sample size to be making any sweeping judgments. He’s clearly in the conversation because of his white ball form and has already played for Aus in T20s. We like our fast left arm bowlers, so naturally someone like Johnson will get attention.
I'm saying he's overrated based on his output at FC level. You're saying that I'm.being Harsha because of how little he's played.

Surely Johnson is behind Morris, Boland and Neser at the very least, Richardson if he wasn't so injury prone. Miles off Test selection.
Sutherland too. I'd put Agar, Paris (same issue as Richo though) and Steketee there as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we had moved on from Stoinis tbh.
Sorry a late reply here but Stoinis has actually been very very good for Australia in T20 cricket for ages despite his bad Big Bash form and horrific ODI form.

His last 4 years for Australia in T20s he's averages 37.09 at a strike rate of 153.
Last 2 years it's average 32.79 at a strike rate of 159.
Last year it was average 37.33 at a strike rate of 137.

He's (almost) single-handedly won Australia 3 World Cup games in that time. Until he stops making runs for Australia in the format I think they'll pick him no matter what his domestic T20 form is like.

Sorry a late reply here but Stoinis has actually been very very good for Australia in T20 cricket for ages despite his bad Big Bash form and horrific ODI form.

His last 4 years for Australia in T20s he's averages 37.09 at a strike rate of 153.
Last 2 years it's average 32.79 at a strike rate of 159.
Last year it was average 37.33 at a strike rate of 137.

He's (almost) single-handedly won Australia 3 World Cup games in that time. Until he stops making runs for Australia in the format I think they'll pick him no matter what his domestic T20 form is like.
I think he will get found out pretty soon. 12 months is a long time in cricket, especially in T20 form.

Just found out some stats the past 3 months

In BBL13, bar the game against Adelaide (who have one of the lesser attacks) at the Adelaide Oval, his strike rate for BBL13 was 107.5.

Currently in SA20 season II, his strike rate is 105 from 5 games.

T20 you have to continually look to improve your game- something I think Stoin has failed to do so.

Well I'm on the CA mailing list and I only know this series is happening because of this thread.
I wonder what sort of crowd numbers we should expect. It's not like CA/Fox do much with marketing these games.

Don’t know about you guys but I’ve seen this ad pop up on my socials almost every time I open up Facebook or Instagram

IMG_4899.jpeg

Don’t know about you guys but I’ve seen this ad pop up on my socials almost every time I open up Facebook or Instagram

View attachment 1894801
haven't seen it on my FB. just glancing at ticket prices, $30 for adult (for the cheapest seats) seems a bit excessive (even if you can get a $30 discount from being a new Afterpay customer). possibly they will heavily restrict the seating areas?

View attachment 1894801
The old Facebook Pixel. If you've clicked on the CA website, it'll come up. I've been fed lots of ads for the women's test at the WACA ever since I looked it up last week. Whether it's being advertised to the public at large is a different story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back