West Indies v India (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 5 T20Is)

Remove this Banner Ad

TEST SERIES
1st Test:
July 12-16 - Windsor Park, Dominica
2nd Test: July 20-24 - Queen’s Park Oval, Trinidad

West Indies Test: Kraigg Brathwaite (captain), Jermaine Blackwood, Alick Athanaze, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva (wicket-keeper), Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kirk McKenzie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican.

India Test: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Virat Kohli, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), KS Bharat (wicket-keeper), Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Mohd. Siraj, Mukesh Kumar, Jaydev Unadkat, Navdeep Saini.

ODI SERIES
1st ODI:
July 27 - Kensington Oval, Barbados
2nd ODI: July 29 - Kensington Oval, Barbados
3rd ODI: August 1 - Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad

West Indies ODI: Shai Hope (Captain), Rovman Powell, Alick Athanaze, Yannic Cariah, Keacy Carty, Dominic Drakes, Shimron Hetmyer, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd, Kevin Sinclair, Oshane Thomas

India ODI: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Virat Kohli, Surya Kumar Yadav, Sanju Samson (wicket-keeper), Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Shardul Thakur, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat, Mohd. Siraj, Umran Malik, Mukesh Kumar.

T20I SERIES
1st T20I:
August 3 - Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad
2nd T20I: August 6 - National Stadium, Guyana
3rd T20I: August 8 - National Stadium, Guyana
4th T20I: August 12 - Broward County Stadium, Florida
5th T20I: August 13 - Broward County Stadium, Florida

West Indies T20I: Rovman Powell (capt), Kyle Mayers (vice-capt), Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Obed McCoy, Nicholas Pooran, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Oshane Thomas

India T20I: Ishan Kishan (wk), Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Surya Kumar Yadav (VC), Sanju Samson (wk), Hardik Pandya (C), Axar Patel, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.

Watch:

Last edited:
What a complete waste of time, Windies have been losing to or struggling to beat the minnows in the qualifiers for the World Cup.

How's Fox Cricket not having the rights to this? 😂 Home of Cricket.

Was about to rage about Kayo not having this (been bad enough sitting through ads on the 9 stream), but then saw here it was on YouTube. Awesome.

Inexperienced Indian quick bowlers. Bumrah still injured and Shami is injured.

Always had Gill pegged for third. Even before Pujara got axed the first time first Vihari. He’s able to find the mix between slow and fast. Jaiswal oppenong here. Gaikwad might open in the next innings.
Assuming Rahane is in the for the injured Shreyas.
And Ishan over KS. Assume these two are stop gaps for Pant’s injury.

As for WI. Athanaze gets his debut. And I thought Cornwall batted higher

That was simply abysmal.

Either play attritional cricket or play positive cricket: this ‘defend defend defend then try and hit a ball out of the park’ garbage is never ever going to get us anywhere.
Athanaze looked very good, at least.

Not that we thrive particularly against other spinners but we have particular trouble with Ravi Ashwin; we have particular trouble bowling to him as well.

Didn’t watch the 25 or so overs with the ball but based on the commentary we probably bowled better than we batted, albeit without much luck. Sharma dodged a bullet with an umpires call and a couple of edges zipped past the stumps or fell short of slip.

All in all a terrible day, really.

Just watched the ‘highlights’ again. West Indies batsmen seem to just have no inclination to truly use their feet against spin. Not just in getting to the ball but in giving themselves room and using the crease.

Chanderpaul got a gem from Ashwin but the others just had no real excuse. Brathwaite could have played a regulation sweep as he had done successfully early in the over, or used his feet and reached that ball on the half volley.
Blackwood played an in between shot from the crease that was well struck but he neither hit it high enough nor low enough and his weight was stuck neither forward nor back.
Da Silva played an in between cut to a ball that was short enough but only if he gave himself room.
Athanaze to be fair was running out of partners and tried to pull a short one and miscued it.
Joseph was another who could have made a better fist of getting to the ball and skied it instead.

Really disappointing :(

Only caught the first session though it seemed things only went downhill from there.

From the batting perspective I don't at all understand how Reifer is in the side over Bonner. Reifer isn't even that much younger and averages 24 after 8 Tests compared to Bonner who averages nearly 40, surely that sort of average is gold given the current standard.

Athanaze looked pretty assured, positive that it's one of the younger players doing well rather than a Darren Bravo type, Chanderpaul has done well in previous Tests so there's at least something to work with.

I understand West Indies don't have a world class seam bowling attack but it seems odd to produce a pitch that suits Ashwin/Jadeja in order to accommodate West Indies own two mediocre spinners (at least in comparison to India's). I know FC West Indies pitches have been spin friendly for a while but surely something has to be down about that, at least for the Test pitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only caught the first session though it seemed things only went downhill from there.

From the batting perspective I don't at all understand how Reifer is in the side over Bonner. Reifer isn't even that much younger and averages 24 after 8 Tests compared to Bonner who averages nearly 40, surely that sort of average is gold given the current standard.

Athanaze looked pretty assured, positive that it's one of the younger players doing well rather than a Darren Bravo type, Chanderpaul has done well in previous Tests so there's at least something to work with.

I understand West Indies don't have a world class seam bowling attack but it seems odd to produce a pitch that suits Ashwin/Jadeja in order to accommodate West Indies own two mediocre spinners (at least in comparison to India's). I know FC West Indies pitches have been spin friendly for a while but surely something has to be down about that, at least for the Test pitches.

I don’t think it was especially deliberate. It’s rained a lot there in Dominica so it was soft and a bit grippy.

There was still a fair bit in it for the seamers when they got it in a decent spot (not pace wise but it was difficult enough to bat on)

Have they finally moved on from the Roston Chase experiment? Rakeem might be what he is but he's surely infinitely better than Chase. Even Warrican is superior.

Have they finally moved on from the Roston Chase experiment? Rakeem might be what he is but he's surely infinitely better than Chase. Even Warrican is superior.

For the love of God I hope so.
They also briefly had Holder listed at 6 last night which is where he should be batting in that side but I think the 4 first session wickets spooked them into batting JDS above him to try and block up an end

For the love of God I hope so.
They also briefly had Holder listed at 6 last night which is where he should be batting in that side but I think the 4 first session wickets spooked them into batting JDS above him to try and block up an end
Ever since his century Da Silva has been hugely disappointing. I suspect there aren't many keeper batsman knocking the door down in domestic cricket?

Ever since his century Da Silva has been hugely disappointing. I suspect there aren't many keeper batsman knocking the door down in domestic cricket?

Not really no. They have a lot of bits and pieces batsmen-keepers like Pooran and Hope types. JDS gets a lot of starts but his limitations I suspect get him into trouble when he has to start to change pace given the match situations

It's a bit odd they're playing in Dominica in the first place. Although great for Alick Athanaze to debut in his home country given I think he's the first Dominican to play for the West Indies since Shane Shillingford about 10 years ago.

It's a bit odd their playing in Dominica in the first place. Although great for Alick Athanaze to debut in his home country given I think he's the first Dominican to play for the West Indies since Shane Shillingford about 10 years ago.

Pretty sure you’re correct. First test held there in 6 years as well.

Famous last words when it comes to West Indies batsmen in the last decade but he did LOOK very good

Amazing that this series is being shown live for free on youtube, it's a beautiful ground there in Roseau but there aren't many spectators there.

Even the Indian supporters haven't travelled there like they do to most test venues that India play at but it's not exactly an easy place to get to.

Not much in this pitch so far today for the Windies quicks, it looks as flat as a pancake.

The big man Cornwall on now to see if he can produce something here with spin.

Promising first over for him beating Rohit for an lbw appeal but it was too high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back