Aussie ODI squad v West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

few people have said this but i'm just wondering how can CA market the games any better? it's a friday kids back at school.almost everyone back at work. low drawing team.
what exactly are they doing currently? mentions during the Test coverage, newspaper ads, stuff on their website.

few people have said this but i'm just wondering how can CA market the games any better? it's a friday kids back at school.almost everyone back at work. low drawing team.
you would usually get a fair few people coming in after work for these Friday day nighters.

In years gone by the crowd would sometimes double after 5pm.

How about posting both line ups? Havent been able to see the opposition squad anywhere
West Indies ODI squad:

Shai Hope (c)
Alzarri Joseph
Alick Athanaze
Teddy Bishop
Keacy Carty
Roston Chase
Matthew Forde
Justin Greaves
Kavem Hodge
Tevin Imlach
Gudakesh Motie
Kjorn Ottley
Romario Shepherd
Oshane Thomas
Hayden Walsh Jr.

Two summers ago the MCG got 10k for that ODI vs England. Could break some unwanted records this Friday.

doesn't help when it's not promoted or on free to air TV.

channel 7 have had the rights for the last 6 aussie summers and haven't shown a mens ODI or T20I.

CHANNEL 7 only interested in:
-BBL/WBBL
-Womens Test/ODI's/T20I
-Mens Tests

doesn't help when it's not promoted or on free to air TV.

channel 7 have had the rights for the last 6 aussie summers and haven't shown a mens ODI or T20I.

CHANNEL 7 only interested in:
-BBL/WBBL
-Womens Test/ODI's/T20I
-Mens Tests
Channel 7 haven't had the rights to ODIs or international T20s since they secured broadcasting rights with Fox in 2018. Part of the deal was the these matches would be Fox exclusive. This mess is on CA.

Channel 7 haven't had the rights to ODIs or international T20s since they secured broadcasting rights with Fox in 2018. Part of the deal was the these matches would be Fox exclusive. This mess is on CA.

Is it really a mess ? how many people watch free to air compared to kayo?

K
Is it really a mess ? how many people watch free to air compared to kayo?
Kayo's total reach is just over two-and-a-half million, free-to-air reaches all 25 million. Putting sport behind a paywall severely limits your audience. Yes, the cricket tragics will have Kayo but the casual audience that tunes in on a weekend or over summer may not.

How could paywalling the current world champions from free to air TV, not be a mess

It blocks the majority of the Australian population to watch games, reducing the sports reach

i'd argue you would get just about the same amount of eyes on the game behind the pay wall. 1 million people have kayo. the test was avg 300k viewers metro 900k max. how many of the 900k have kayo?

How does that work, Channel 7 Will broadcast the ODI womens series with South Africa while the they wont be broadcasting the ODI mens series with the West Indies?
Correct, Fox hived off what was in its best interests, which meant the men's short form games (Tests were too protected). They didn't give a s**t about the women's game. The only upside for 7 is that women's cricket has enjoyed an upswing in support since the deal was signed

Correct, Fox hived off what was in its best interests, which meant the men's short form games (Tests were too protected). They didn't give a s**t about the women's game. The only upside for 7 is that women's cricket has enjoyed an upswing in support since the deal was signed
And I only just realised this but both the mens ODI White ball and Mens T20 series against West Indies wont be shown on Channel 7.

Its the first game Australia ODI will play since their winning World Cup performance against India last year.

Does that seem a bit odd ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I only just realised this but both the mens ODI White ball and Mens T20 series against West Indies wont be shown on Channel 7.

Its the first game Australia ODI will play since their winning World Cup performance against India last year.

Does that seem a bit odd ?
No, because it's been that way for several years.

I don't like it - I doubt anyone outside of CA and Fox do like it - but it's not odd.

I was looking into the TV rights for future tournaments likely to involve Australian mens and womens team as well as the Current Under 19 World Cup. Im gathering the only legitimate way for an Australia viewer to watch these games is through Amazon Prime in the next 4 years or so?

CC events that will be broadcast on Amazon Prime:

• Men's T20 World Cup: USA and West Indies (2024)
  • Women's T20 World Cup: Bangladesh (2024)
  • Men's Champions Trophy: Pakistan (2025)
  • World Test Championship final: England (2025)
  • Women's ODI World Cup: India (2025)
  • Men's T20 World Cup: India/Sri Lanka (2026)
  • Women's T20 World Cup: England (2026)
  • Women's Champions Trophy: Sri Lanka (2027)
  • Men's ODI World Cup: South Africa/Namibia (2027)

Could there be a danger that cricket (white ball formats) in this country be following the A-League and rugby union where fans dwindle and outside major World Cups the average fan even forgets that they are playing given how much cricket is played nowadays?

Do understand that red ball and Ashes means Tests probably is on the forefront of Australian public minds. Next two Ashes tours have been secured by a Free to air provider.

K

Kayo's total reach is just over two-and-a-half million, free-to-air reaches all 25 million. Putting sport behind a paywall severely limits your audience. Yes, the cricket tragics will have Kayo but the casual audience that tunes in on a weekend or over summer may not.
Not to mention thats another way the game grows and gains new supporters. The casual observer with who knows nothing about cricket doesnt have access to it

Inglis to open? Shouldn't Short open and Inglis bat in the middle rather than the other way around?
We do love having keepers open the batting ever since Gilchrist nailed it. And Inglis has opened for WA, which kinda suits him as he can take a bit to get going but then launches after that. But he was batting at 4 for the Scorchers and in this case you'd think Short should open.

Can only assume they have pegged Short as a fill-in who won't be playing when everyone's available so they are looking for an opener in that scenario.

I was looking into the TV rights for future tournaments likely to involve Australian mens and womens team as well as the Current Under 19 World Cup. Im gathering the only legitimate way for an Australia viewer to watch these games is through Amazon Prime in the next 4 years or so?

CC events that will be broadcast on Amazon Prime:

• Men's T20 World Cup: USA and West Indies (2024)
  • Women's T20 World Cup: Bangladesh (2024)
  • Men's Champions Trophy: Pakistan (2025)
  • World Test Championship final: England (2025)
  • Women's ODI World Cup: India (2025)
  • Men's T20 World Cup: India/Sri Lanka (2026)
  • Women's T20 World Cup: England (2026)
  • Women's Champions Trophy: Sri Lanka (2027)
  • Men's ODI World Cup: South Africa/Namibia (2027)

Could there be a danger that cricket (white ball formats) in this country be following the A-League and rugby union where fans dwindle and outside major World Cups the average fan even forgets that they are playing given how much cricket is played nowadays?

Do understand that red ball and Ashes means Tests probably is on the forefront of Australian public minds. Next two Ashes tours have been secured by a Free to air provider.
Discussed at length in this thread. From here onwards:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back