Changes for 4th Test in Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

siddle doesnt do ODI's normally right? I doubt he will get rested when he only has to play 1 more serious match for the year....
Australia tours the West Indies in April...

I cant believe wade isnt in for haddin... this is a dead rubber and we need to improve our youth if we want to get back to number 1. We also seriouslly need to find somone to replace hussey/ponting. Bowling stocks look very good but im suprised siddle wasnt rested considering his back problems, and its a dead rubber.

If the rankings matter to Australia and getting back to number 1 is a genuine priority then this isn't a dead rubber, a 4-0 victory would bump the aussies into a tie with India for third place so you pick our best team for the conditions and that's 3 quicks/1 spinner which means the right team has been chosen.

I love him, but good. I don't want him bowling on this flat road where he'll get nothing from the pitch. No point using a great talent on a lifeless, joke of a wicket that won't offer him any assistance.

If he's THAT much of a talent, he shouldn't need assistance. :rolleyes:

So now, if a Test goes longer than 2 and a half days, it's a joke of a wicket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's everyones opinion though.

Haddin shouldn't be within 400KM's of the test team and Ponting and Hussey are edging closer to the 40 year old mark.But if you want us playing these guys against England then we will be struggling.

Exactly, it's funny when ponting was hopelessly out of form people were praying he would have a good summer and then do the right thing and retire.

suddenly ponting scores a ton on the dead scg against a laughable bowling lineup and the same people are shouting BRING ON THE POMS, yeah a near 40 year old ponting is going to do what the 31 year old and 35 year old ponting couldn't and win us the ashes in england.

Does that mean we won't have to put up with you coming to the game then? Please say yes.

The AO wicket is a road, and a joke. Nothing there for the bowlers. No doubt the first 2-3 days will be a batting snoozefest.

I'll be there all five days you twit. :thumbsu:

Keep this stuff for the Adelaide Board please....

The thing is Ponting averages 53 over 161 test matches and is a proven player. Hussey Averages over 51 over 69 test matches and is a proven player. Haddin averages just under 35 over 42 test matches. This is far from impressive. Ponting and Hussey are also great fieldsmen and Hussey offers something with the ball. Haddin is a poor keeper and when you are picked to keep for your country you are supposed to be good at this.

If no one else areound the country was putting up their hand for the keeping position then we could put up with Haddin but Wade, Nevill and the injured Pain have been impressing. No one has really put their hand up for Ponting or Hussey's position in the team and they have made a lot of runs this series. If you're going to drop Ponting and/or Hussey who are you going to play? Khawaja hasn't made runs. Marsh is in and struggling. Watson is injured. Wes Robinson is possibly next on my list any way and is he any better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back