Preview Changes For Carlton June 14th

Remove this Banner Ad

Swift will play, despite the wailing of us armchair coaches.

Shuey IN, Waters OUT, is absolutely positively, actually, really, transcendentally a reality.

Butler is likely to be included. Whilst Hams or McGinnity are a chance to be omitted.

I dream of seeing Newman, or giving Kobe some time, but tis only a dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kerr forward Pocket interesting! Probably will be in the ruck any way but wonder if he is any good as a small forward. I think we should see if Masten can do a forward tag onto Gibbs and Slow down there run as there defense doesn't look that good compared to our forward line.

I realise that the named positional lineups usually mean sweet FA but at least our match committee have made some acknowledgement that they're worried about Kerr's recent form, even if its only symbolic. At bouncedown I expect him to be in the centre square.

I'd say McGinnity has been retained purely on matchups. Problem is what might look on paper can go horribly wrong if the player concerned is out of form.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope Carlton take 3 ruckmen into the game (as named). Worked wonders for the purpleshite in the derby.

terrible for swift, should've got the sub over mcginnity. no idea how this guy still gets a game, must have naked photos of woosha. swift will probably be gone at the end of the year, just running out of time/chances

i was hoping bootsma would play this week, our boys would snap him in half. that would've been an easy 6 for someone like darling or hill

Looking at those teams on paper, looks like it could be a very close game. The only place where I see us perhaps being able to get on top is their defense doesnt seem very strong. Henderson is pretty good and should towel up Lynch and I like the look of Watson, but he has only played a handful of games. Jamison is OK. I think Cox playing in the goal square could be a match winner.

Also, Simpson vs Gaff. Who wins the battle of the wing? (Not saying it will influence the result too much, just two players who play the wings so well)

Simpson vs Gaff. Who wins the battle of the wing? (Not saying it will influence the result too much, just two players who play the wings so well)

Simpson is having a great year. He should definitely get the better of Gaff, despite Gaff's form. Experience should shine through.

Carlton's key weakness is their key forwards. They have Kreuzer and Hampson. That is woefully inadequate.

They are strong elsewhere though. Expect a win but I'm more confident that it will be a close game.

I'm happy with that side. Bookmark this: We will be miles better than we were at the Gabba.
Butler for Beau's a no brainer, then Swift is probably unlucky ahead of McGinnity.

I swear that centre and HF lines haven't changed for about 6 weeks, not even sides.
Gaff Priddis Rosa
Hill Lynch Masten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back