Prediction Round 9, 2024: Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would seem Gaff is 'performing strongly' in the Wafl week after week, but it doesn't equate to what's required at AFL
This. It’s arguable, even obvious, he no longer is capable of AFL quality. In which case even ‘good’ WAFL form doesn’t mean he has somehow regained the skills he once had. And given we’re rebuilding it doesn’t make sense giving (gifting) him games in preference to a junior.

To be remembered as very good reliable hard working Eagle who deserved to be part of the premiership team. Thanks Andrew.

Zero pile on

Zero hand wringing

Zero disrespect on their legacy

Just realtively reasoned discussion about a player's current form who could possibly be included in the team as they are named on the extended bench.

Come on guys, gotta be allowed to critically discuss players in the squad.

Hunt and Maric confirmed starters

Gaff confirmed non-starter

No word on Hedwards but assume he’s not playing

Jones the traveller

Means all of Witherden, Johnston and Cheeser play but one to be the sub. Most likely Johnston

Zero pile on

Zero hand wringing

Just realtively reasoned discussion about a player's current form who could possibly be included in the team as they are named on the extended bench.

It’s been pretty reasoned this time, to be fair.

I just find it hilarious that he’s named in the extended squad for every Sunday game since Round 2 and people always fall into the trap of assuming he’s playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero pile on

Zero hand wringing

Got to be very careful about what you say in this mollycoddled world.

Gee footy itself is that sanitised and genteel these days, that I am sure Mamma Kane will be introducing and new directive to the umpires.
It will be a reportable offence to fart within two meters of an opponent.

Careless, inconsiderate and offensive.
2 weeks suspension.

But then again I might just be a grumpy old Kent who remembers what the world was like before it all turned to sh1t.

I just find it hilarious that he’s named in the extended squad for every Sunday game since Round 2 and people always fall into the trap of assuming he’s playing.

870302.jpg

It’s been pretty reasoned this time, to be fair.

What I find curious is he’s been named as an emergency every week despite Simpson showing little to no inclination of playing him. Hasn’t even been used as the non playing emergency/traveller in any week

What I find curious is he’s been named as an emergency every week despite Simpson showing little to no inclination of playing him. Hasn’t even been used as the non playing emergency/traveller in any week

Is it Simpson's way of saying "I know you're working hard and we want you to be ready for whenever we may need you."?

Only got to look at Embers (2013), Fletcher and Braun ( 08/09) as hard working wingers who fell off a cliff ever so quickly.
Gaffs been quite average for close to two years now tho and not really falling a cliff

Always get a good hand wring out of each week 'he's named' - will be melt city if 'he' actually gets included one week.
There's always Sheed to debate...ad infinitum.

Got to be very careful about what you say in this mollycoddled world.

Gee footy itself is that sanitised and genteel these days, that I am sure Mamma Kane will be introducing and new directive to the umpires.
It will be a reportable offence to fart within two meters of an opponent.

Careless, inconsiderate and offensive.
2 weeks suspension.

But then again I might just be a grumpy old Kent who remembers what the world was like before it all turned to sh1t.
You might want to mosey on over to the main board umpires threads and see the Will Powell posts.
Them some "interesting" posts there.

So there FWD line pretty much gone and our back line pretty much full strength.
Could be very interesting if we get the defensive half rebounds working.
If the guys are prepared to work and run their a-holes off we could be more than just a sneaky.
Hunt and Dewar could be important ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back