Changes for Round 13 - Adelaide at AAMI

Remove this Banner Ad

Good see that RoJo is on the outer, again :rolleyes: A bad game means get outer here RoJo ;)

I like RoJo but his form has tapered off this season (someone suggested he's carrying an injury). If we've got to fit Judd, Embley and eventually Cousins back in the side then someone has to miss out and I have RoJo behind Hurn, Priddis and Rosa in the pecking order. Seeing as he was listed as an emergency yesterday and came in when Judd pulled out, it looks like the selection committee agrees.

I like RoJo but his form has tapered off this season (someone suggested he's carrying an injury). If we've got to fit Judd, Embley and eventually Cousins back in the side then someone has to miss out and I have RoJo behind Hurn, Priddis and Rosa in the pecking order. Seeing as he was listed as an emergency yesterday and came in when Judd pulled out, it looks like the selection committee agrees.

I totally agree with what your saying just thought it was funny that so many complained when he was (temporary) dropped last week and after yesterdays dismal performance want him dropped (surprisingly there were worst). It also seems with all the talk going around that half the bloody team is carrying an injury, doesn't sound good if true...

i really prefer when Wirra plays in the back pocket as the lose man who just sweeps everything up than in the forward line. I think hes wasted in the forward line although he has done a few good things. Keep him in the backline.

Although Armstrong isnt the best player, keep him as the crumber his forward line pressure is much better than Morton & Lecras.

There are still doubts on Judd, but i think we will play him even if he is injured. Judd at 50% > everyone. He'll just take the best tagger of Kerr which is all we need.

Cojo should be given a game. Graham will play. Hopefully fletcher and embley are back this week.

i really prefer when Wirra plays in the back pocket as the lose man who just sweeps everything up than in the forward line. I think hes wasted in the forward line although he has done a few good things. Keep him in the backline.

Although Armstrong isnt the best player, keep him as the crumber his forward line pressure is much better than Morton & Lecras.

Agree with that. :thumbsu:

IN: Judd (Nuff Said) Embers (We need him back - Always plays well against Crows), Cones (Deserves his chance), Army (We need some defensive pressure in out F50 and thats exactly what Army offers!)

OUT: RoJo (Had a 2nd chance and didnt take it), Wirra (Was hardly seen yesterday - Either play him forward or play him back woosh not the 2 of them! - Needs a week or two in the WAFL IMO), Graham (We cant have both him and staker as the 3rd tall in defence and Staker needs to stay down back - He isnt a forward - Plays so much better in defence) Lecca/Morton - Cant have both of these two in the same side - Morton isnt a forward but has been playing there and Lecca has been decent but needs more - One needs to go.

Yeah your right. Graham was only picked due to match-ups.

Adelaide haven't got a big forward line so I can see him getting dropped.

Bock 193
Griffin 202 (who we send down a couple times a game)
Hudson 199 (ditto)
Jericho 190
McGregor 195
Perrie 193
Stevens 194
Welsh 188

Normal set up has been Welsh, Bock and two other 'talls' ala McGregor/Stevens/Perrie. Sometimes we also send down our resting ruckman as well to stretch a defense. If Jericho stays in the team this week he is also a handy forward to have running around too.

I laugh at everyone who bagged me for saying drop Rowan Jones. I was attacked by people saying they trust the judgement of Woosha better than mine, than attacked Woosha when he dropped him.

Suck eggs and grow a brain, the game on sunday clearly outlined who has been making a name off of the quality players in the team, and Rowan Jones is one of them. I stand by my words he would be hard pressed to crack a game in any other side. I hope we've seen the last of him.

I laugh at everyone who bagged me for saying drop Rowan Jones. I was attacked by people saying they trust the judgement of Woosha better than mine, than attacked Woosha when he dropped him.

Suck eggs and grow a brain, the game on sunday clearly outlined who has been making a name off of the quality players in the team, and Rowan Jones is one of them. I stand by my words he would be hard pressed to crack a game in any other side. I hope we've seen the last of him.

Mate, RoJo wont be dropped this week.

Last year (despite the final) he played well against Adelaide and the coaching staff will remember that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I practically save all my internet posts up for Rowan Jones bagging. He is a total dud.

Indecisive. Can't kick. Is really good at hospital hand passes.

He is the only definite out in my team every week.

Im so worried about this game, already really nervous and its only Monday lol. Would be confident playing Adelaide at AAMI, but with our recent form and the players we have out it is going to be a massive task. I think we will win by a small margin or we are going to get thumped, because the Crows will want to beat us as they havent in a while.

I really hope the players can learn from the Saints game and lift their game and hopefully come away with the 4 pts. If we lose this game we ill be 8-5 and possibly out of the Top 4, something which is it not good at any time of the season. If we win then we will be 9-4 and back on track to securing a Top 2 spot, this game is really vital to our season i believe.

In: chad jones, embley
out: rowan jones, graham

Please put Lynch to CHF. and Jones to FF or even Embles. Tell Rowan to go back to WAFL and play a game with Excellent dispossal otherwise dont come back.

I wasn't confident facing Adelaide in Rd17 last year. Given the respective form of the two sides and the players we had unavailable I thought we would probably lose by about 3-4 goals.

We won by 82 points. I'm not too confident going into this week's game. Here's hoping history repeats.

I wasn't confident facing Adelaide in Rd17 last year. Given the respective form of the two sides and the players we had unavailable I thought we would probably lose by about 3-4 goals.

We won by 82 points. I'm not too confident going into this week's game. Here's hoping history repeats.
LOL, I remember standing at the bus stop discussing our chances with other Eagles supporters before the game. We all agreed if we won by a point it would be a good outcome especially as we had Cox, Embley, Fletcher and Hunter missing!

Everyone fully expected we would get flogged by the Crow-bots, especially after being done over by Collingwood the week before. In the previous month we had lost to Port and the Doggies, just got over Sydney at home and Hawthorn away. (So had won 2 of previous 5, sound familiar?:eek:)

There will be seven outs from that game last year. Cousins, Judd, Butler, Banfield, Hansen, Sampi and Armstrong.

In their place we have Hurn, LeCras, Priddis, Cox, Hunter, Nicoski and Rosa. Hopefully Embley will come back and replace one of these. Fletcher who knows?

We are in with a chance if they show up switched on. (A one point win would be a good result! :D;))

LOL, I remember standing at the bus stop discussing our chances with other Eagles supporters before the game. We all agreed if we won by a point it would be a good outcome especially as we had Cox, Embley, Fletcher and Hunter missing!

Everyone fully expected we would get flogged by the Crow-bots. Especially after being done over by Collingwood the week before. In the previous month we had lost to Port and the Doggies, just got over Sydney at home and Hawthorn away. (So had won 2 of previous 5, sound familiar?:eek:)

There will be seven outs from that game last year. Cousins, Judd, Butler, Banfield, Hansen, Sampi and Armstrong.

In their place we have Hurn, LeCras, Priddis, Cox, Hunter, Nicoski and Rosa. Hopefully Embley will come back and replace one of these. Fletcher who knows?

We are in with a chance if they show up switched on. (A one point win would be a good result! :D;))

I think this is the main thing.

Not to play 1 quarter, or a quarter and a half. But to play 4 good, hard quarters of committed footy.

Come on boys!!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back