Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone had a stress fracture and was out for the season the club would surely just announce it and move on. Unless they are waiting until the Essendon squad is already here

you would think if he was definitely out they would just announce it. is AFL the most secretive sport when it comes to injuries? I dont think it would change essendons preparation a whole lot other than a slight change for whoever may of had a role to try and neutralise his influence. Super player so will be a big out IF true.

you would think if he was definitely out they would just announce it. is AFL the most secretive sport when it comes to injuries? I dont think it would change essendons preparation a whole lot other than a slight change for whoever may of had a role to try and neutralise his influence. Super player so will be a big out IF true.

There would be a mental advantage and it would give your boys more belief. Hurn is the master organiser down there.

We won't unnecessarily risk handing the oppo any small advantage, even if it is 0.5-1%.

Interesting thread. Really only have two options.

1. Bring in Nic and pray.
2. Drop Barrass and fold the club.

Is this game still going ahead? I thought BF had decided to fold the club?

But seriously, (and as an eagles supporter i feel safe saying this) our members/ supporters are serious band wagoners, a couple of bad games and its "sack the coach" or drop such and such" . it actually boils my blood to see members leaving the game with 15 minutes to go (even when we are winning) when there are thousands of in the wings members waiting on seats.

Rant over, thanks for indulging me.

What do we make of this? Largely coincidental I’d say.

Lose three wins against Melbourne, Adelaide and Freo, lose two losses against Collingwood and Hawthorn.

It is interesting as some teams got the easy double-ups against bottom 4 and others against top 8. Likely also favours those with early season form.

In short, we are as good as anyone when 100% but stuffed up royally to end up 5th. GWS is 2 wins behind us, so it shows the top 5 are all pretty even but someone had to finish 5th. I suspect home ground advantage will be huge this finals series, given how close the teams are in ability, so there's a good chance Brisbane and one of Pies or Tigers make it through to GF.

Is this game still going ahead? I thought BF had decided to fold the club?

But seriously, (and as an eagles supporter i feel safe saying this) our members/ supporters are serious band wagoners, a couple of bad games and its "sack the coach" or drop such and such" . it actually boils my blood to see members leaving the game with 15 minutes to go (even when we are winning) when there are thousands of in the wings members waiting on seats.

Rant over, thanks for indulging me.
Lucky I'm not in Perth cos I wouldn't be putting up with that in the wings crap.
New stadium. Everyone should have a ticket, especially the people who go to every game

Sure the the odds of a west coast win cant be that low. $1.22 last i saw. Essendon are $4.30

Sure the the odds of a west coast win cant be that low. $1.22 last i saw. Essendon are $4.30
We win if we play our best footy, simple as that, but for a team whose been so inconsistent all year, they are really low odds for us. It would be saddening but not completely shocking if we shat the bed next thurs.

Good news on the weather front too, 30% chance of 0-1mm rain predicted.

And I reckon you change support pending what way the wind goes. Part time supporter.
Idiot, ive been whinging about the eagles since 1987, still feel happy when they kick a goal, I'm not a part time supporter, I enjoy the good and whinge about the bad, not everyone is a contented blind optimist that kisses ass and treats the players like under 12 kids. Im capable of critical thinking, criticism, perspective and truth. I have a high standard and the criticism merely outlines the players/coaches/club always need to continue learning. If we all just blow smoke up their asses and treat them like they do no wrong and always good then they wont learn, they'll survive on mediocrity and turn into Freo.

Hmm... now what could you be possibly asking here 😛

Confidence is a bit down at the moment, but we should perk up a bit in the coming week. We have a score to settle with that club. 0-5 in finals against them 🤬. If we only win one final this year, let this be it!
If we only win one final, I'd rather lose now if we don't go all the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A rather bizarre post, but you are asking the same person who created the Sack Simpson and Bring in Lyon thread on Saturday evening

A quick search of the post history shows one consistent theme - hating the Eagles, quite unsubtly too. Fair enough.

OUT: Hurn (inj), Petruccelle, Waterman
IN: Schofield/Rotham, Ah Chee, Natanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Back