Prediction Changes Rd 23 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well when you have Jamieson, Clark, witherden, Winder, Williams, Naish as pretty much the only depth sitting in the WAFL on a consistant basis it doesn't give you much options.
The only ones on that list that would even suit as a replacement would be Naish and Maybe Winder (in the last 2 games) and neither were setting the world on fire.

Edit: Not saying and Injured Gaff is GOOD. Just not leaving a lot of options for anything else.
Well I’d say most of those guys at least kick the ball forwards instead of sideways snd backwards every time. 😂

West coast and playing players in positions they werent drafted in and then delisting them when it doesn’t work - name a better duo. 🤦‍♀️

Is it the recruitment team's fault for not drafting what is needed, the coaching team's fault for playing them out of position, or the player's fault for being shite?

Is it the recruitment team's fault for not drafting what is needed, the coaching team's fault for playing them out of position, or the player's fault for being shite?
Coaching team mainly. You have to be good at one position at least to be getting drafted. You’d think the club that drafted them would then play them in that position, especially our club who’s coach has been quoted as saying it doesn’t work playing guys out of position, and you need to draft players who play that position to be successful.

Imo it’s a misalignment between the recruiters and coaches which I have suspected for some time now (completely unfounded assumption but why not)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid Victorian pundits with next to zero support on here for such a move. The move would have been looked at very very differently had that been the price.

It was a worthwhile risk to take with such an irrelevant pick and stocks in his age range where they are.

Suppose will just have to wait and see if it ends up being an irrelevant pick, I’ll be very happy if SPS proves all us haters wrong can’t see it happening tho

What’s annoying me is it’s clear that Winder’s papers are stamped. Whatever, I guess.

But he’s only just been thrown into the midfield at WAFL level and has done quite well. Why wasn’t this done a year ago, given the state of the Beagles? Why not throw him the last couple of rounds over the apparently injured Gaff?

On the surface it does seem like a nitpicking complaint, and perhaps it is, but it just rubs me the wrong way. In a year where we’ve embarrassed ourselves we’re all searching madly for as many silver linings as we can.
You got it CC.
If the lad needed a bit of a realization of what being an AFL player is, fine with that. Dad doing socials not helpful, but whatever.
If someone like Geelong pick him up & he carves us up in the midfield I wouldn't be surprised....just very disappointed

Last edited:
It’s sandwich eating day

So head on over to the GameDay thread for all you favourite sangas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back