Prediction Changes Rd 23 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I find it a little bit hilarious that we’re down to 28 players available for a dead rubber certain loss, and people are melting that players 21 and 22 were selected ahead of players 23 and 24.

I have to say I find it a little bit hilarious that we’re down to 28 players available for a dead rubber certain loss, and people are melting that players 21 and 22 were selected ahead of players 23 and 24.
Worst of all they picked THE A5 for the WAFL, not Dark Sharks.

What’s annoying me is it’s clear that Winder’s papers are stamped. Whatever, I guess.

But he’s only just been thrown into the midfield at WAFL level and has done quite well. Why wasn’t this done a year ago, given the state of the Beagles? Why not throw him the last couple of rounds over the apparently injured Gaff?

On the surface it does seem like a nitpicking complaint, and perhaps it is, but it just rubs me the wrong way. In a year where we’ve embarrassed ourselves we’re all searching madly for as many silver linings as we can.

Pick 2,20 and 38

Of all the things to whinge about over this season the non selection of a couple of fringe players is an odd hill to die on
Jones was a fringe player, got given an opportunity in a different role and now looks like he might be a player, to a lesser extent Rotham too. Why would you after that then see Winder tearing up the WAFL in the middle and think it's not worth a try?

Pick 52 for a 23 year old local kid who was Pick 6 in his draft year was absolutely a worthwhile punt for the club, and still one that might pay off if he can get his body right.

He’s had 107 games now and has shown very little.. a punt yeah but you can still get something at pick 52 better than him.

What’s annoying me is it’s clear that Winder’s papers are stamped. Whatever, I guess.

But he’s only just been thrown into the midfield at WAFL level and has done quite well. Why wasn’t this done a year ago, given the state of the Beagles? Why not throw him the last couple of rounds over the apparently injured Gaff?

On the surface it does seem like a nitpicking complaint, and perhaps it is, but it just rubs me the wrong way. In a year where we’ve embarrassed ourselves we’re all searching madly for as many silver linings as we can.
Exactly, no one thinks Winder is a future Brownlow medallist, but why in a year where we've had nothing to play for since round 5, would you just go we don't think this kids up to it instead of finding out for sure?

Not sure about risking Culley if his hammy is even remotely touchy.

Other than that, good ins, no brainer. Shame Hough is crook.

Get it done then get into the offseason, boys.
His Hammy was ok. They pulled him off as he felt minor tightness and fdidn't want to risk. Would have been good to play the next week had he not got suspended.
Should be 100% fine for this one.

Winder kicked three goals in one of his first games as a forward pocket, I haven’t seen Langdon do that in his career as a forward pocket and Nelson hasn’t kicked 3 goals in his 101 game career.

Looks a good team heaps of pace across the ground compared to previous weeks

darling to kick 6 ...Eagles by 24

edit might have to watch the wind at geelong bit tricky .......eagles by 18

The club sees Winder regularly. They would have a reasonable idea if he is going to make it or not. I dont think we've ever delisted someone that went on to star anywhere.

I'm more interested in Clarks situation. Contracted for next year but isn't played.
Not putting Nick Martin on the list appears to have been a mistake, there have probably been others although I can’t think of another atm (Hickey ?), they are not immune to making errors, this season is as good evidence to that as you could get.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s had 107 games now and has shown very little.. a punt yeah but you can still get something at pick 52 better than him.

That pick ended up being used on Cooper Murley. The next players taken were Garrett McDonagh, Oscar Adams and Harvey Harrison.

I’m fairly confident you wouldn’t be able to tell me which clubs any of them are at, without googling.

That pick ended up being used on Cooper Murley. The next players taken were Garrett McDonagh, Oscar Adams and Harvey Harrison.

I’m fairly confident you wouldn’t be able to tell me which clubs any of them are at, without googling.
Had them in my top five etc etc

If you didn’t take the opportunity to drop a fake name in there, you’ve done this wrong.

Not putting Nick Martin on the list appears to have been a mistake, there have probably been others although I can’t think of another atm (Hickey ?), they are not immune to making errors, this season is as good evidence to that as you could get.
Hickey was always better as a primary ruck over being the chop out option to Nic. He’s gone on to be pretty reliable as the first choice for Sydney. That’s about the extent of loss we’ve had, and it was fairly predictable but sort of a win-win with the draft capital returned.

Martin absolutely seems to be a miss, a real head scratcher in hindsight, albeit I suppose they only spent a small period of time with him before the decision?

We typically don’t get too many wrong at the bottom end of our list.

I didnt google and I know Oscar Adams is at St Kilda and played for South Gambier before that (i live in Mount Gambier)

But no we werent getting better than SPS for pick 52.

Personally would not of brought Culley back and would of rested Shuey. Would of given a game to Winder and Clark. But meh....

What if Winder played, cut it up got a new contract and was a spud next year? I can imagine the melts.

Bring on the final siren Saturday 🚨

At least Nelson is still in to tag Selwood so we lose by 83 instead of 88 before he's delisted in a few weeks. That's the kind of smart coaching that's stopped us going 1-21.
Nelson's 13th game of the season will mean he achieves his contract trigger of playing more than half of the games for the season and extends his contract to the end of 2023...

Just for those questioning whether Culley should’ve been brought back. I watched him train Tuesday week ago and whilst it was an admittedly very light session he participated in all the drills and didn’t look hampered at all

Fitness isn’t an issue for him and I’m not surprised in the slightest he’s been brought back in

No point melting about it… the usuals don’t get a chance and those that should have been turfed long ago are still there.

One bloke who should be thankful he has a contract next year is SPS. I cut him some slack because of his knee but he just doesn’t have it… another case of picking up trash from a club who was happy for him to go thinking we can make him a player…

We would of been better off telling SPS to go to the draft and picking him up there no other team would of bothered with , he was always leaving carlton, can’t believe some of the pundits were saying we should have to cough up a 2nd rounder at the time😂

Just for those questioning whether Culley should’ve been brought back. I watched him train Tuesday week ago and whilst it was an admittedly very light session he participated in all the drills and didn’t look hampered at all

Fitness isn’t an issue for him and I’m not surprised in the slightest he’s been brought back in

I think most of the questioning was around how his hamstring was , but it was reported it was only awareness during the game and he would of played that week if it weren’t for the suspension

We would of been better off telling SPS to go to the draft and picking him up there no other team would of bothered with , he was always leaving carlton, can’t believe some of the pundits were saying we should have to cough up a 2nd rounder at the time😂
Stupid Victorian pundits with next to zero support on here for such a move. The move would have been looked at very very differently had that been the price.

It was a worthwhile risk to take with such an irrelevant pick and stocks in his age range where they are.

I don't get it regarding Winder - are people going in to bat with such certainty that he hasn't been mismanaged by the off-field team that has us currently sitting 17th with our historically worst ever season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back