Preview Changes Rd 9 vs Port at AAMI.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I reckon the selection committee should just say **** it and pick some of the guys from the WAFL. Reading the WAFL watch thread it seemed there were a few guys who had decent games.

MJ out for Faulks.
Crichton out for Hinkley (then have as a sub)
Crowley out for Palmer.
Pitt out for Michie.
McPhee out for Schammer (perhaps one ball butcherer for another).

Crazy I know but it might just work.

Palmer needs to come in. Can't think of others.

Hinkley or Schammer would do more than Pitt, who is quite frankly our worst selection since Drum before Higgins.

Maybe Walters? Silvagni would be a very welcomed inclusion as well.

Walters for Pitt?
Snos for Jonno although he probably isnt ready and needs a WAFL hit out :(

OUT: MJ, Pitt
IN: Ballas, Michie

Not sure why Pitt has played the number of games he has compared to Michie, considering what we all saw in the preseason by Michie.

Everyone saw Michie as a walk up start for a game against Brissie but instead we were all shocked when Pitt played.

Palmer being played off a flank is another strange decision.

Unfortch in the WAFL there is noone providing the pressure on the increasingly useless MJ.

Lower being subbed off instead of Crichton today, not sure what is going on with the thinking in regards to selection etc.

It does seem the coaching staff is waiting for injured players to return rather than proactively seeking other solutions.

I'm all for getting game time to top draft picks - but i reckon Pitt needs to run around in the WAFL for a bit.

I'd love to see Griffin come in so we can do what weagles have been doing and having 3 people rotating thru ruck.

Griffin plays all over the ground and means we can be a bit more unpredictable in the ruck - Sandi needs a break and can rest around the ground, whilst griffin is rucking

B: Greg Broughton, Antoni Grover, Paul Duffield
HB: Garrick Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Adam McPhee
C: Matthew de Boer, Rhys Palmer, Nathan Fyfe
HF: Christopher Mayne, Matthew Pavlich, Kepler Bradley,
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Jonathon Griffin, Jack Anthony,
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Nick Lower
I/C: Stephen Hill, Clancee Pearce, Jay Van Berlo, Byron Shammer (SUB)

In: Palmer, Griffin, Ballantyne, Shammer
Out: Jesse Crichton, Michael Johnson (not doing enough), Ryan Crowley (inj.), Jayden Pitt (needs more bulk - not doing enough to hold his spot)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for getting game time to top draft picks - but i reckon Pitt needs to run around in the WAFL for a bit.
Pitt needs to spend the next 6 months chained to a squat rack.
When Brian Taylor said " maybe it's time for freo to play their sub" I thought
Yeh we need somebody who can change the balance of the game . Bring in Pitt to take a few people out and rough up the opposition

Yeh we need somebody who can change the balance of the game . Bring in Pitt to take a few people out and rough up the opposition

Do we have a player who could be a good impact sub? Roberton and Pitt are hardly impact players you would think. Also Lower getting subed off again today, any chance his spot may be in danger? Last time he got subbed off he was dropped the following week.

Out: Pitt, Johnson, Crowley, Duffield

In: Palmer and whoever is left fit, Michie, Smellington, etc.

I'm not a member of a Palmer fan club, however he shouldn't have been dropped for this game. There must be something more to it between him and Harvs.

Out;
Pitt (to think we could have had Darling :()
Johnson
Crichton

In;
Palmer
Michie
Ballantyne

Port don't have many talls so there are no excuses for Johnson not being dropped.
I would be tempted to bring in Griffin to give Sandi a break

Duffield and Broughton can't be replaced at the moment regardless of their form.

OUTS:

Mr 33% - has to be held accountable for his poor performance and should be made an example of what we DONT need
Creepy - If Injured
Crichton - Just not ready for AFL yet
Pitty - As above

INS:
Palmer - Good work in WAFL from what i read deserves to be thrown back in the guts
Ballas - If fit
Griffin - If the structure warrants another tall against Port
Walters - as Sub if fit especially if Ballas doesnt get up

On the knifes edge:
JVB - Done enough. Just.
Pearce - Going hard at the ball and winning it, just the disposals need polish
Lower - Why was he subbed? I thought he was doing well! Fitness or Injury concern?

I do believe you are lacking a :rolleyes: in there somewhere :D

I'm not a member of a Palmer fan club, however he shouldn't have been dropped for this game. There must be something more to it between him and Harvs.

I think there is ! I've heard the coach thinks Palmer is lazy.
He wouldn't be robinson crusoe! palmer this is, he's got plenty of company imo !

First of all, you can't drop Pearce after a 12 tackle match. What sort of message does that send?

What we need is more run. I'm not sure bringing in Griffin is going to help with that, especially given he isn't the most versatile of ruckmen. Crichton showed some good signs, but both he and Pitt could well find themselves on the outer. Although Palmer is the only one who had a really good game in the WAFL.

I would also like it noted that I was not the first person to mention Hinkley's name. For the record, I would like to see him play another WAFL game or two to regain fitness. But having someone with genuine pace would have been nice out there today, especially to bring on as the substitute...

Harves presser .....he thinks Tendai will be ready next week and wouldn't rule out bringing him straight in if he trains ok rather than through WAFL....must have some confidence or is starting to get desperate !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back