Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably right but isn’t Obrien possibly one of the strongest in the league. Might be worth trying it out I reckon.
I wanted to go that way from the beginning but they seemed to prefer the idea of going with Jackson until Darcy is back. O'Brian was very damaging last time we played them iirc and it might have been against Darcy so it is unclear whether Reidy could handle it.

Reshuffle. Treacy has to go back at some point.
Otherwise it’s Pearce v Walker, Ryan v Fogarty and Draper against Burgess.
I’d back our guy in each of those three match ups.
Who do you have Treacy going back to play on and how does that not make our forward line weaker?

If Draper can’t handle Burgess, he probably shouldn’t even be on the list.

I’d rather let him go without an opponent than move a 20 year old KPF who’s finally working out how to play the position down back into an entirely new role.

O’brien’s strength in the ruck duels might be more overwhelming than Xerri.

It might be worth bringing Reidy in this Friday and tabs has a rest.

Thoughts on this?
Is Reidy even good enough to beat like a Zac Clarke or a Scott Jones in a ruck duel? I'd need Reidy to at least be the best WAFL ruckman before seriously considering him for selection.

Even if Reidy would be better for the ruck duel itself than Jackson (I'm not even convinced that's the case), once the ball goes to ground or once we're going around the ground...O'Brien's decent, but he's no Jackson. Whereas conversely in those departments, I think O'Brien beats Reidy comfortably.

Is Reidy even good enough to beat like a Zac Clarke or a Scott Jones in a ruck duel? I'd need Reidy to at least be the best WAFL ruckman before seriously considering him for selection.

Even if Reidy would be better for the ruck duel itself than Jackson (I'm not even convinced that's the case), once the ball goes to ground or once we're going around the ground...O'Brien's decent, but he's no Jackson. Whereas conversely in those departments, I think O'Brien beats Reidy comfortably.
He can handle Clarke. His issue last year seemed to be backing up the next week after a good game. Which wouldn't be an issue if it was a one week selection horses for courses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather let him go without an opponent than move a 20 year old KPF who’s finally working out how to play the position down back into an entirely new role.

Yes it’s very strange

Judging from the weirdness of the suggested team changes there must have been an excess of celebratory alcohol intake following yesterdays game.

Agreed.

No change (except the sub)

Give Brodie a run at the sub.

JOM a run in the seconds.
Fyfe was rested so he’ll be cheery ripe for next week. I’d imagine he will get a rest sometime, but not yet.

Changes will come when Chappy and Darcy come back. Chappy will get a run in the seconds first.

Those who suggest sending Treacy back are being ridiculous. We need him and Amiss in the forward line, they are building a 10 year forward line don’t mess with it for a single game.

Does anyone know how players performed in the Peel practice match yesterday. Typical “West” they reported on the Eagles practise match yesterday afternoon but radio silence on the other matches

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unchanged pending whatever might or might not be happening with Fyfe. Would like Ras in, but expect we'll see JOM or Brodie if there is a change needed there.

This - Josh looked fine yesterday and Ryan is a better match up for Fogarty anyway.

I didn't see anything wrong with Draper's game. The first half was a defender's nightmare because of lack of pressure in the midfield so the ball was coming in too fast. After half time the whole backline looked much better.. Re Tabs yes he kicked 2 goals but he also clutters Amiss's line a few times. And if he hadn't maybe Amiss might have had a few more. I would like to see Voss but it really depends on Adelaide's defence. Which I don't know enough about but maybe Tabs is a better match up. I am happy to leave it to the MC but hopefully they at least consider Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back