Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on Amiss, some of his chasing left a bit to be desired. I was watching on tv though
He’s never been a sprinter like a Luke McPharlin or Pavlich in his hey day. You can a build a tank easy enough but blistering speed off the mark can’t be trained. You have it or you don’t.

I saw him chasing, but it was Scott Jones like.

He’s never been a sprinter like a Luke McPharlin or Pavlich in his hey day. You can a build a tank easy enough but blistering speed off the mark can’t be trained. You have it or you don’t.

Just clarifying you don’t think Amiss has speed off the mark?

I watched the game again last night and yeah I thought Amiss' energy was way down, no defensive efforts and his double and triple leads weren't there.

Likely he was having second game soreness, hoping he bounces back on Friday.

Nearly broke his ankle getting pushed into the post. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s slightly injured.

Not a tremendous amount no.
Jeez, i think he’s one of the best leaders in the comp. A part of that is smarts but a decent part is speed as well. I think his sprints over 20-30 would be elite for someone his size

I was at the game mate. He didn't get in his way.

I'm an enormous Amiss fan boy, but some of his defensive efforts/chasing......wow, he didn't break out of a jog and looked fatigue every time. Needs to be coached out of him, Treacy as a key forward sets a magnificent expectation
I noticed it on TV as well and wondered if he was carrying some sort of mild injury or illness, like other say could be a little sore. But if he had kicked 4.0 we probably wouldn't be critiquing him for the lack of pressure that is probably no different to any other game he's played

I noticed it on TV as well and wondered if he was carrying some sort of mild injury or illness, like other say could be a little sore. But if he had kicked 4.0 we probably wouldn't be critiquing him for the lack of pressure that is probably no different to any other game he's played
Well lets hope it's that. Some of the those chases made early key forward Pav look like Hayden Ballantyne.

Nearly broke his ankle getting pushed into the post. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s slightly injured.
The AFL should start paying those as free kicks in the goal square (and counting the goal), happens all the time, the defender gets away with a complete shove with no chance at the ball. Oscar Allen did it to Tabs? a couple years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Adelaide have one of the best forward lines in the comp, but no midfield and no backline. Geelong (who have the best forward line) also have no midfield but beat Adelaide because they have a better defence or more precisely, Tom Stewart. Our midfield should chop up Adelaide and hopefully the ball will spend most of the game in our forward line and their average defence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stewart is awesome, but their defense has more substance than that. Enough that there was talking about Stewart playing midfield.

Really important game this. If we somehow get over the line here we’ll most likely be 4 and 2 after 6 with hopefully a big % after the derby.

We need Fyfe for this. I would personally go with Voss over an ageing Tabs as the only change but it looks unlikely.

No, building a tank is not easy. If it was they’d all be running the same 2km times trials.

Everything can be improved (inc speed off mark) but natural ability plays a big role.

On a couple of the Freo Podcasts it was noted that Hughes has a penchant for Cat10 errors early in 1st Quarters.
The solution - start Hughes on interchange until the initial heat goes out of the game. Has merit?
Pretty sure it was just the one podcast being purple reign. Regarding Hughes making cat10 errors in 1st quarters without reviewing all other games last season pretty sure he came up with that from the first two games this season. The so called error he made against Roos was a head high tackle but which other player hasn't let a tackle slip higher

Note that the guy who suggested that also suggests how to play Darcy and Jackson in same team is to sub Darcy out after he goes hell for leather in the first half lol

On a couple of the Freo Podcasts it was noted that Hughes has a penchant for Cat10 errors early in 1st Quarters.
The solution - start Hughes on interchange until the initial heat goes out of the game. Has merit?
I thought that Hughes and Banfield ,early, were two of the better performers.
Hughes has been good , not great but has done the role he is selected to do.
Who was doing the pod cast?

Just trying to keep Jackson proximal to the play for as many minutes as possible. Probably not the best or most likely solution to the two A grade ruckman dilemma, likely to arise in a few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back