Changes v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

If Wines is out and we need a replacement midfielder, Amon over Ah Chee for the quick Etihad track, especially when we already have both Moore and Young in the side. Plus (going off the stats at least) he had a better game in the SANFL. Probably not the week for Harvey, the running Bulldogs half backs at Etihad would kill him.

Last edited:

Maybe you should have watched the game, no one who watched the game would make that call....

I was sober too. I don't rate Hoon, never have rated Moore and Sam Gray isn't an AFL player. Along with Neade (who I do rate) we just can't ever be a great side with all these players in the team. 1 undersized player we can carry, 3 makes us look small and weak.

Moore can possibly do a little bit of extra work at the clearances. Etihad we need run.

I don't think the team can have three short people in at once. So one of Gray, neade or Hoon had to go.

Out - wines, Hoon /gray
In - ah chee, krak

With Wines out, and Young and Moore, our 2 backup inside mids, already be playing, will Ken be #PortAdelaideBrave with selections and not a like for like player, and change it up?

IN: Ah Chee or Mitchell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things looked better today. Lack the polish but things are on the improve. Don't think anyone deserves to come out after that. So, on a fast deck against a fast team, Impey, Krak, Amon and Ah Chee would all have to be in line.

You would think Moore and Young cover Ollie's inside work so an Amon/Impey to come in for outside run and dash and Impey is the better defending so he should come in.

Wines' season could be over - i hope not - he is really important to the midfield group. But i wouldnt risk him either

who says Wines is out, Hinkley seemed to think hes a chance depending on how bad. It couldnt have been to bad for him to come back on in the first place

who says Wines is out, Hinkley seemed to think hes a chance depending on how bad. It couldnt have been to bad for him to come back on in the first place
Ken did indicate no risk would be taken with Ollie. Ollie came back on because he is Ollie but he couldn't hold the ball when he picked it up. He'll be four or five weeks out.

It finally looked today like the structures were clicking. I wouldn't change the look of the side much. Reward the players for a pretty solid game. Ollie will be out, replace him with Ah Chee and play him as the sub. We looked fine from 1/4 time with one less inside mid. Arch is the perfect sub, and starting Colquhoun is probably necessary on the Etihad fast track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back