Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re not dropping our captain
We've got two, and a vice captain, and a whole leadership group.

If the captain is playing poorly, they should be dropped.

Jeez people are harsh on Stephenson. He made a couple of blues but he busts a gut all game, provides link up and does a lot of unrewarded running. Tucker was fine, he was one of the few that kept cracking in in the third.

Stephens has been most underwhelming. Ford should never be sub. CCJ has to go. Laz is a poor footballer, always has been, always will be.

Out: CCJ, Lazz, Stephens (to sub - maybe not an ideal sub but **** it).

In: Sellars/Greenwood, Berman, Ford

We absolutely can beat Carlton.

One change:

Comben for CCJ
Greenwood to replace Ford as sub.

Start Comben forward/ruck. If Mckay gets too much for Pink, shift Comben back and sub on Greenwood to take the forward /second ruck role.

Absolute last chance for Stephenson...Big game, needs to lift.

B: Corr* Pink McDonald*
HB: Sheezel Dawson Fisher

C:McKercher LDU Scott
R:Xerri Wardlaw Powell

HF:Simpkin Sellers Duursma
F:Curtis Larkey Ford

I:Zurhaar* Stephens* Stephenson Lazzaro*

E: Hardeman, Bergman, Greenwood, Comben

*These players probably have 3 games left to show something. I realise McDonald has just come back, but he was nowhere to been seen all game, especially when we were getting reamed in the third. They have not had a good start to the year and if we actually want to start winning games, we aren’t good enough to carry unfit/disinterested players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sellers would be brimming with confidence after his last two outings, great time to bring him in and get a taste for senior footy. Larks definitely needs the help.

Comben, when he's ready, will be a huge boost for the playing group and the team structure. If he's close enough for it to be a gamble, I say bring him in for a big match and he'll probably deliver a big lift.

Ford needs to start, I'd have him line up from go on the wing, rest at HF, and sub him out if his conditioning can't handle four quarters yet, we need our wingers to take marks and win contests. Maybe rotate him with Jy actually. I want a wing rotation of Scott, Goater (RIP), Ford, McKercher (we need Hardeman to get up to speed asap) and Simpkin. We can figure it out at HB and at HF, but struggling on the wings is for the tip.

Phillips I'm neither here nor there. He's had great games against the Blues before, and having a good game at senior level would do him wonders, but he hasn't exactly bashed the door down. Laz is getting 25, 5 and 5 at VFL when he goes back.

I'd probably give Will the nod, so four INs means OUT: CCJ, Stephens, Tucker, and Laz - sub one of the latter 3.

We need to get the midfield mix just right for this one. That might mean first half CBA's for Zurhaar, it could be big midfield minutes from Jy. Powell and LDU need to figure out how to make it work without TT there as it can't be left to Wardlaw to be the sole defensively focused mid all day.

Sellers would be brimming with confidence after his last two outings, great time to bring him in and get a taste for senior footy. Larks definitely needs the help.

Comben, when he's ready, will be a huge boost for the playing group and the team structure. If he's close enough for it to be a gamble, I say bring him in for a big match and he'll probably deliver a big lift.

Ford needs to start, I'd have him line up from go on the wing, rest at HF, and sub him out if his conditioning can't handle four quarters yet, we need our wingers to take marks and win contests. Maybe rotate him with Jy actually. I want a wing rotation of Scott, Goater (RIP), Ford, McKercher (we need Hardeman to get up to speed asap) and Simpkin. We can figure it out at HB and at HF, but struggling on the wings is for the tip.

Phillips I'm neither here nor there. He's had great games against the Blues before, and having a good game at senior level would do him wonders, but he hasn't exactly bashed the door down. Laz is getting 25, 5 and 5 at VFL when he goes back.

I'd probably give Will the nod, so four INs means OUT: CCJ, Stephens, Tucker, and Laz - sub one of the latter 3.

We need to get the midfield mix just right for this one. That might mean first half CBA's for Zurhaar, it could be big midfield minutes from Jy. Powell and LDU need to figure out how to make it work without TT there as it can't be left to Wardlaw to be the sole defensively focused mid all day.
I would bring in Greenwood this week for CCJ . Need a bigger body in the guts to go with Cripps & can help X in the ruck / play forward.

If we’re to only make 2 changes to the 23 like last week, please let it be:

1. CCJ > Sellers
2. Tucker > Comben
then swap Ford > Stephensons roles

Sellers to add a marking / goal kicking target to help Larkey

Combens height and versatility to play back, forward and give X a break in ruck much needed

Fords ability to play HF and Wing covers Tuckers position

Don’t think they will, but I would go:

Lazzaro > Phillips (or even Greenwood)

Only guessing of course, but my speculation is that the coaching staff have shown the appropriate level of loyalty to the 'pre-season' 23, and they'll start looking at making changes based on form. I'd further speculate those changes will be gradual, and two stand out - obviously CCJ and probably Lazzaro (with stephens and Tucker on notice). Phillips for Lazzaro is straightforward - notwithstanding's Sellar's bag, I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Greenwood, because personally I don't want to see Larkey do any relief rucking.

Out.
CCJ forever.
LMac to make a statement on senior standards.
Stephenson for same reason.

In.
Anyone of us or those on the the list available

I don't care as long as those three are omitted.

Bergman for Lazzaro - Move McKercher up forward, and put another defender down back.

Sellers for CCJ - We need another marking target up forward.

Ford for Stephens - Scott, Tucker and Ford to be the wing rotation.

Comben for Pink - We need more of an aerial presence down back.

Shiels as sub.

In Greenwood, Comben, Bergman, Sellers… all earnt spot based on weekend.

Out CCJ, Lazzaro, MacDonald (l think we rushed him back too soon) and one more…..ill leave spot open …

Emergency: a drinks fridge well stocked to help with the roller coaster of emotions lm bound to go through….
Swear jar…well the ideas there….but l can’t be &#*#&$.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back