Fixture Changes v Plastics Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time (2021) we met at the Durham Castle Pub in Green Square, Kingston (Jardine St). It's an English style pub. I don't think I've been there since but it seemed OK. Pretty crowded from memory.

It's 900m from the East gate of Manuka Oval. The Kingston Hotel is another option, only 250m to walk. Probably be full of plastics though.

Game starts at 7:30 so maybe meet at 6pm if you can get there by then?

I'm not sure if/when I can get there as it's a busy day for me. Good chance I could be there by 6:30. Enough time for a quick pint ... or two.
Who else is going? philmb ? Hobdog ? Pugz89 ?

My seat is in Hillstand 1 Row D.
I’ll join the crew at the Durham :)

Are the Dogs coming up early & putting on an open training, does anyone know?

View attachment 1677483
In: Libba
Out: Libbas moustache

How is this not listed under "injuries"
Part of me is laughing because he's just out there.

The other part of me wonders whether he shouldn't be retested. But as Stefoid pointed out, how would you know?

I suspect if Libba's baseline were a picture it would look something like this

1683159886107.jpeg

I want Richards to get first crack at Cameron. I think you’re better off giving up some height for the ability to go with him up the ground and force some degree of accountability the other way.

I have no idea who goes to Charlie Curnow in a couple of weeks.
Curnow loves playing against us. I’d stick Jones on him and try to intercept mark or drop English back every chance he gets to double team. I suspect he’ll kick a bag whatever we do. Hopefully our own forward line can fire as I doubt we will win the game defensively. I do think McKay is overrated so if we can find a way to kill Curnows opportunities we are a good chance. Would love to see us tag Cripps but I don’t see Bevo taking that very obvious pathway to victory sadly….

The three plastics supporters are whinging about umpiring already.

Perhaps they should look at the freekick ladder everyone refers to in support of the dogs umpiring conspiracy that doesn't exist.

Curnow loves playing against us. I’d stick Jones on him and try to intercept mark or drop English back every chance he gets to double team. I suspect he’ll kick a bag whatever we do. Hopefully our own forward line can fire as I doubt we will win the game defensively. I do think McKay is overrated so if we can find a way to kill Curnows opportunities we are a good chance. Would love to see us tag Cripps but I don’t see Bevo taking that very obvious pathway to victory sadly….
Curnow will kick 5 from freekicks

Lets get past GWS first but we all need to remember last time we played these guys this happened:

Actual score: Carlton 102 def Western Bulldogs 90

Expected score: Western Bulldogs 85 def Carlton 69

Hard week to pick the team changes.

I'm thinking:

Out: Scott
In: Libba

Smith to take Scott's position as the HFF/Wing.

Probably unlikely to happen because Bevo seems dead keen to have Bailey in the centre.

Marra finished the game at CHB last week 👀👀

The three plastics supporters are whinging about umpiring already.

Perhaps they should look at the freekick ladder everyone refers to in support of the dogs umpiring conspiracy that doesn't exist.
Where?

I though that their Bigfooty board had been closed down due to inactivity.

Re. All the talk about Toby.

It could be worse. We could be facing them next week instead of this week for his 200th game which will no doubt have given them extra motivation.

There is every chance he’ll do something stupid again and not play his 200th for another month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at those delusional Giants idiots on the main board who think Bontempelli sniped Haynes in that match a few years back.
If it wasn’t for the umpire Bont would have snapped Haynes neck on the spot with his two hands I tell you.

Seriously though, How can anyone watch the footage and say Bont did that on purpose, with malicious intent.

If it wasn’t for the umpire Bont would have snapped Haynes neck on the spot with his two hands I tell you.

Seriously though, How can anyone watch the footage and say Bont did that on purpose, with malicious intent.

I know right.

I like Haynes and it’s unfortunate what happened to him but that incident was a total accident, part and parcel of what can sometimes happen in a fierce contact sport.

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In:
C.Ward
Out: H.Rowston (sub), J.Peatling (omitted)

Last week's sub: Harry Rowston

WESTERN BULLDOGS

In:
R.Gardner, T.Liberatore
Out: T.McLean (sub), T.O'Brien (injured), L.McNeil (omitted)

Last week's sub: Toby McLean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back