Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

The only 3 blokes you could contemplate bringing in from the 2nds on yesterday form would be Sellers, Maley and Comben.

Be nice if we could get Downie on the list. He'd walk onto the team.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
We do now have two players on the long-term injury list. Would Downie be eligible for the mid-season draft?

There's instant success and going 3-23. I understand there have been disturbances and setbacks but I don't have blind faith. I'd like to see some serious improvement this year otherwise things are going to look pretty grim going forward.
Next year 2025 I expect us to finish outside the bottom 4.

That would be the pass mark for me that we are on the right track.

Archer is a weird one. I think he plays better the more challenging it gets. He looked alright at AFL level.

Another one of those that simply doesn't accept mediocrity and wants the opposition to hate life.
Archer tries hard but unfortunately the poor bugger just does not have the tools to be AFL standard.

Brisbanes tall forwards are yet to fully fire and have had a fair bit of pressure directed at them again post Collingwood loss.

They are taller overall than Carlton, Chom has to come in and a least inject that little bit of X factor back there. Toss of the coin as to if its corr or pink out.

Archer to come in and play on McCarthy- lmac can have first crack at Charlie cameron - Dawson might also be an option here.

Mckercher, fisher, sheezel and Dawson to round out the backline group.

Scott and Stephens on the wings, Powell in the guts

We have to be mindful to not go all ball hog central in the guts. Too many blokes trying to win first possession, leave it to wardlaw 1v1 with Neale and sit Powell and LDU on the outside

Simpkin and ford high half forward, up the ground outlets,

Sellars in for ccj
Zurhaar Curtis and souv closest to goals

Rest of the 23 xerri, lazzaro, duursma,

Dawson corr fisher
Sheezel Chom mckercher
Scott Powell stephens
Simpkin Sellars ford
Zurhaar souv curtis
Xerri LDU wardlaw
Lazzaro duursma archer McDonald

Toss of the coin as a sub, all of a sudden we’ve got one midfield rotation that is decent

Out: pink, Stephenson, Tucker, ccj

in:archer, Chom, Sellars - whoever else they want to play as sub

I don't think so either but those are the only other games that should be winnable in theory

I think tbh we are finishing bottom 4 or bottom 2. West coast are probably the only team I could be confident about beating.

The problem is our opponents probably think the same or have the same mind frame. We need to start becoming non easy beats

Hipwood & Daniher have been garbage across the first few rounds. Gaurantee they have a day out against our garbage backline.

Chom has to come in for either Corr or Pink.

Despite not rating Biggie that much, I actually think he is the perfect match up for Hipwood.
anyone that can go side by side without letting him slip out the back for a cheap joe the goose will have a pretty good day on him,

Richmond’s list is no where near as good as ours and look what contest, effort and spirit they play with under their new coach

The way we are playing is so far off in comparison it’s actually frustrating to wait another 4-5 years for us to even get the basics like competing at a normal level for us to be in the game

We should have no excuses and give the players no out for losing or giving away 9 unanswered goals etc

Richmond’s list is no where near as good as ours and look what contest, effort and spirit they play with under their new coach

The way we are playing is so far off in comparison it’s actually frustrating to wait another 4-5 years for us to even get the basics like competing at a normal level for us to be in the game

We should have no excuses and give the players no out for losing or giving away 9 unanswered goals etc

The team they have run out with today is very average looking on paper

Conceding ourselves to shiteness for years has killed our competitive spirit. Takes a long time to repair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out; Pink, Stephenson, Stephens, Tucker and poor ol CC&J

In, Comben Maley, Ford, George & Shiels.

LMac Corr Dawson
Fisher Comben Sheezel
Scott LDU McKercher
Duursma Maley Zurhaar
Curtis Larkey Simpkin
Xerri, Wardlaw, Powell

Ford, Shiels, George, Lazzaro

Sub; Stevo, either or.

Maley needs two kicks and four contests to be an upgrade.

They have 11-12 Premiership players out there today, most of whom are in their prime. A handful of them are amongst the best in the comp in their position.

To suggest their list isn't as good as ours is bizarre. Potential and high picks doesn't equal production.

Long term they're probably shot because they haven't had the draft picks, particularly the high end midfield talent, but right now their list is clearly better than ours.

We do now have two players on the long-term injury list. Would Downie be eligible for the mid-season draft?
Funny thing is I reckon we are too tall in the forward half. Cam, Curtis, ford, Duursma are all the same height thereabouts. None are that quick and don’t really put pressure on when the ball is coming out. Problem is we don’t really have a small forward

Running power. Makes up for a lot of gaps.

Out; Pink, Stephenson, Stephens, Tucker and poor ol CC&J

In, Comben Maley, Ford, George & Shiels.

LMac Corr Dawson
Fisher Comben Sheezel
Scott LDU McKercher
Duursma Maley Zurhaar
Curtis Larkey Simpkin
Xerri, Wardlaw, Powell

Ford, Shiels, George, Lazzaro

Sub; Stevo, either or.

Maley needs two kicks and four contests to be an upgrade.
No sellars?

I think Pink's been okay but I need to see Comben taking 10 marks and crashing into Joe Daniher this week, please. Corr stays otherwise our most experienced KPD is Kal Dawson. Comben also gets second ruck duties.

Tucker out, push McKercher on to the wing and bring in Jackson Archer to annoy Lincoln McCarthy all day.

Sellers up forward for CCJ, get him in whole he's kicking goals.

Stephenson out for Greenwood - another big body around the ball, someone with a bit more heart than our long-sleeved friend.

I think Pink's been okay but I need to see Comben taking 10 marks and crashing into Joe Daniher this week, please. Corr stays otherwise our most experienced KPD is Kal Dawson. Comben also gets second ruck duties.

Tucker out, push McKercher on to the wing and bring in Jackson Archer to annoy Lincoln McCarthy all day.

Sellers up forward for CCJ, get him in whole he's kicking goals.

Stephenson out for Greenwood - another big body around the ball, someone with a bit more heart than our long-sleeved friend.
Why McKercher to wing?

The only 3 blokes you could contemplate bringing in from the 2nds on yesterday form would be Sellers, Maley and Comben.

Be nice if we could get Downie on the list. He'd walk onto the team.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We do have 3 picks in MSD if we choose to use them

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah he’s not great but he’s passable (at best) and is the best we have at the moment.
LOL we are literally winning clearances. If you are trying to understand “hit outs to advantage” you are missing that Xerri takes full possession of the ball and handballs it out to the mids most of the time.

Xerri has been one of our best players and would be a tie right now between him and sheez for the bnf.

Xerri is not a problem but a luxury. He’s not Jackson, but not many are past n present.

Our issues are fixable, its midfield defensive pressure. Thats our main issue.

Attachments

• IMG_6771.png
    IMG_6771.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6772.png
    IMG_6772.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6773.png
    IMG_6773.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Back